#1 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Defensive potions

Tired of never seeing gems higher than a little silver? Sick of your traps disappearing to leave your totem vulnerable? Willing to spend a few orbs to perform a Ritual? I am.

I purpose potions that defend your dungeon.
You could have up to two running at a time and an attacker would see the dungeon was under the effects of a defense potion.

The potions I'm thinking of include, but wouldn't be limited to:

Potion Shield. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 6 hours.
Prevents attackers from using potions in an attack for the duration of the shield.

Steel Traps. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 4 hours. Prevents traps from being disabled on death. Meaning, no more 7 death trap removal during an important ritual.

Trap Sharpening. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 5 hours. Increase trap damage by 5 levels for a short time.

No shirt, No shoes. -(9 orbs to purchase) Lasts 2 hours. Leave your suit at the door! Attackers will be forced to run the dungeon with no suit on!

I'd spend lots of orbs on these and would be happy to use a couple and put my high gems in my totem. This would let us see more gems of higher value, with a true test of skill to retrieve them. No more saving to 108 to buy a safe ritual! I'd happily let someone try for my 100k+ with these in place.

Also, I'd love the added challenge of the runs! It's getting a little boring with things as they stand. Let's add some more challenges!

Defense potions wouldn't count against a gem retrieve attack. Only two defense potions could be active at any given time.

Thoughts?

#2 SK-thief

SK-thief

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

What an awesome idea! I would like to see that in future updates! :)

2B7Zkgc.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SK-thief ~ Level 264 ~ GUILD: Yes I stole IT ~ 23.7M Gems~

#3 Madara Uchiha

Madara Uchiha

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKonoha Gakure [G3RMÄNY]

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

You are very creative! Hope somebody Important will real this...

▬ ♣Madara Uchiha♣│Proud Leader of -Akatsuki- ▬

Blizzard - Protector of  gh8Fe.gif evil, chaos and sins.

#4 Walter White

Walter White

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

Pretty good idea, but I'll give my point about your ideas for these defensive potions.

Potion Shield. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 6 hours.  This would be awesome. Just going in the middle of the ritual to set another. My dungeons are good even with only 2 traps. Using this potion will secure me 10k+ safe rituals.

Steel Traps. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 4 hours. Nope, I don't like that idea. My worst enemy are the potions, but giving a chance desactivating after the 7 deaths is good. Just do a dungeon that works with 2 traps AND with enough level at traps. This potion will be painfull with the potion shield at the same time for raiders.

Trap Sharpening. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 5 hours. Yeah, good idea. A  potion that prevent you stealing your gem after the 7 death trap removal. This is more balanced than the Steel traps one.

No shirt, No shoes. -(9 orbs to purchase) Lasts 2 hours. Good idea, but only 2 hours or less. I consider the suit very important at the game, even i have only level 3 lucky face at my level 56 because of my bad luck with eyes

#5 Symedia

Symedia

Eye of the Darkside

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

+1

Join King of Thieves FB group 10.000+ members
Telegram chat: https://telegram.me/KOTAAF

Telegram Channel: https://telegram.me/kotaafchan
>> how to post picture on forum <<
For Support: https://zepto.helpsh...ing-of-thieves/

Posted Image

Beware ...

Spoiler

#6 Hpockss

Hpockss

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Shield Potion - Good idea, but it is basically a ludicrously cheap replacement for speeding up rituals, and boosting price just makes it a replacement

Steel Traps - Seems obvious, but is too OP for difficult dungeons.

Trap Sharpening - That could work!

Shirt and shoes - Basically cutting White Shadow's health by 1/4 , and gem rate boost is needed to fight high level gem defense.

Trap Sharpening sounds really good actually! I would put it in my game :P Keep up the ideas, the defense concept is good, just needs better potions.

Edited by Hpockss, 11 May 2015 - 05:45 PM.

Tama Tama ♪

Working on art signiture! Sadly Im stuck to MS paint though...

#7 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

You are very creative! Hope somebody Important will real this...

Thanks!! 🙏🙏

What an awesome idea! I would like to see that in future updates! :)

Thank you!

Pretty good idea, but I'll give my point about your ideas for these defensive potions.

Potion Shield. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 6 hours. This would be awesome. Just going in the middle of the ritual to set another. My dungeons are good even with only 2 traps. Using this potion will secure me 10k+ safe rituals.
Steel Traps. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 4 hours. Nope, I don't like that idea. My worst enemy are the potions, but giving a chance desactivating after the 7 deaths is good. Just do a dungeon that works with 2 traps AND with enough level at traps. This potion will be painfull with the potion shield at the same time for raiders.
Trap Sharpening. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 5 hours. Yeah, good idea. A potion that prevent you stealing your gem after the 7 death trap removal. This is more balanced than the Steel traps one.
No shirt, No shoes. -(9 orbs to purchase) Lasts 2 hours. Good idea, but only 2 hours or less. I consider the suit very important at the game, even i have only level 3 lucky face at my level 56 because of my bad luck with eyes

-No Shirt, No Shoes
I agree, the suit is quite important to the game. Hmm, perhaps if it left the hp in place but removed the bonus effects? Dropping the HP down to beginning would be OP

-Steel Traps
Fair enough. I've seen several people on the forums complaining that they'd prefer to have no 7-Death-removal at all. I was thinking this was a good in-between. I'd like to have more chances at a hard dungeon without a trap being removed myself. Any ideas to balance this? Maybe instead of a 7-Death-removal or no removal, the potion makes it a 14-death-removal?

#8 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

Shield Potion - Good idea, but it is basically a ludicrously cheap replacement for speeding up rituals, and boosting price just makes it a replacement

Steel Traps - Seems obvious, but is too OP for difficult dungeons.

Trap Sharpening - That could work!

Shirt and shoes - Basically cutting White Shadow's health by 1/4 , and gem rate boost is needed to fight high level gem defense.

Trap Sharpening sounds really good actually! I would put it in my game :P Keep up the ideas, the defense concept is good, just needs better potions.

-Potion shield
True, that is what I'm hoping for. A replacement for -108 orbing a ritual. But consider, the expensive gems would be then in the totem for us to have a chance at. I'd give up potions to try for a 100k.

-Steel traps
That seems to be the consensus. It's OP. Again, perhaps it's a 14-Death-Removal.

-Shirt-Shoes,
Yeah, that's also OP I agree.
Perhaps instead We have:

-Best defense, (9 orbs to purchase) lasts 4 hours
-30% chance to pick best gem.

#9 Kamtu

Kamtu

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

What about this: you can "sell" your potions, so nobody will be able to use this potion against you (1potion=2-3h protection; max.2[-3] at a time)

Edited by Kamtu, 11 May 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#10 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Anyone reading this thread, plz feel free to reply with any defence potion ideas you have!

#11 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

What about this: you can "sell" your potions, so nobody will be able to use this potion against you (1potion=2-3h protection; max.2[-3] at a time)

That might work, 1 pot= disable the option for the next raid. Seems rather expensive though. My pots cost 7 orbs each, rituals take 12 hours. Let's say I want to disable multi and disable trap. I spend 14 orbs worth of pots every 45 mins to keep my gems safe. 12 hrs = 16 raids with current shield time. 16 x 14 = 224 orbs worth of pots for the ritual duration. I'd be happy to see this feature, but wouldn't really use it.

Maybe it could be a modification to the -Potion Shield pot. It would make it more expensive, but one Potion Shield + one of each of your own potions you want it to disable. (Max 3)

Still seems quite expensive this way to me. I really like the idea of it only shielding you from three potions of your choice though. Let's hang onto that for a while.

#12 Kamtu

Kamtu

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

It is expensive ^^, but in my opinion you shouldnt be able to save yourself 24/7. It would allow to make maybe 3/4 [1pot=3h] of an important Ritual saver (after that you can use orbs to speed up...). So people wouldnt be too afraid of getting important gems stolen And raiders have a fair Chance to see such gems and show their skill :)

Edited by Kamtu, 11 May 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#13 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

but in my opinion you shouldnt be able to save yourself 24/7.

That's a fair point. Although, this is what people are doing by saving up to speed a ritual. I'm thinking that disabling potions wouldn't be totally safe, just an added protection, like the gem defense.

Perhaps we should add an element of strategy to the defensive potions: only two can be active at any given time + only three may be used during a ritual. What do you think? Fair?

#14 Unc3nZureD

Unc3nZureD

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationis inside your treasure

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

What about these rules:
- You can daily use at most 2 potions, but with at least 1h pause between.

- You can activate only one at the same time, you can't mix them.

Hm?

#15 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

What about these rules:
- You can daily use at most 2 potions, but with at least 1h pause between.
- You can activate only one at the same time, you can't mix them.

Hm?

I like the direction you're going. I'd want the time on the potions to be longer if the use-per-day was limited.

I can't help but think though, the users will want to use them more and the dev's will want us buying and using them more. So if this idea is picked up, they'll probably want another way to balance them.

Hmm... What if each def potion had a 8 hour cool-down? Then only one of each type could be used in any given ritual. You'd have to plan what to use. So perhaps, I can spend a total of 3 for my ritual, only two can be active at once and no repeats because of CD.

Ideas for something in-between?

#16 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

Yep.

My take on the 5 potions. Colours are for rituals. I'm not good at deciding prices, somebody else do that. Potions:

1. Trap Shield. Blue.

"These magical Zeptoshields will protect your traps from harm!"

Prevents traps from being disabled. 7 death and disable trap potion instead half the trap level.

Lasts for the next 3 raids.

2. Overdrive. Green.

"Don't ask what it is or how we do it, but we make your traps tougher by a ton."

Trap levels are doubled with a maximum of 50 (with new design), applies to all traps.

3. Fake Gem. Red.

"Pay us a lot and we'll forge your gem! Works every time."

When somebody steals your gem, they take an exact duplicate and you keep yours, though the ritual is paused anyways.

Lasts until after 3 raids or 1 gem is stolen, whichever comes first.

4. Cursed Aura. Purple.

"This curse cannot affect you, but it certainly affects raiders. More laughs every time."

All potions have side effects. This is less obviously shown, as it is only a faint glow from your door and chest indicating the curse.

Spoiler

5. Rewind. Gold.

Whenever a thief dies, they quickly autorespawn. Some evil thieves might combine it with a spawn trap to make the rivers run green with Shrek. I mean skulls. Whoops.

No limit to how many can go at a time, but the more you use at once, the more you have to pay. The price goes up exponentially, and only the richest thieves can use all 5 at once. Why do that when you can just speed up the rituals? Taunting thieves?

Voting against democracy?

#17 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Yep.

My take on the 5 potions. Colours are for rituals. I'm not good at deciding prices, somebody else do that. Potions:
1. Trap Shield. Blue.
"These magical Zeptoshields will protect your traps from harm!"
Prevents traps from being disabled. 7 death and disable trap potion instead half the trap level.
2. Overdrive. Green.
"Don't ask what it is or how we do it, but we make your traps tougher by a ton."
Trap levels are doubled with a maximum of 50 (with new design), applies to all traps.
3. Fake Gem. Red.
"Pay us a lot and we'll forge your gem! Works every time."
When somebody steals your gem, they take an exact duplicate and you keep yours, though the ritual is paused anyways.
Lasts until after 3 raids or 1 gem is stolen, whichever comes first.
4. Cursed Aura. Purple.
"This curse cannot affect you, but it certainly affects raiders. More laughs every time."
All potions have side effects. This is less obviously shown, as it is only a faint glow from your door and chest indicating the curse.

Spoiler

5. Rewind. Gold.
Whenever a thief dies, they quickly autorespawn. Some evil thieves might combine it with a spawn trap to make the rivers run green with Shrek. I mean skulls. Whoops.

No limit to how many can go at a time, but the more you use at once, the more you have to pay. The price goes up exponentially, and only the richest thieves can use all 5 at once. Why do that when you can just speed up the rituals? Taunting thieves?

I like it! You are full of creative ideas my friend!
If it was a 5-trap-system like this I'd say make the prices similar to the re-spin prices.
1st potion is 10 orbs
2nd potion is 20
3rd is 40
4th is 80
5th is 160

You can't stock them and once there are 0 active the price starts over. If they lasted for 3 raids then we'd have to check to renew them every 2 1/2 hours.

I like the idea of halving the trap level instead of disabling it. It would still be effective if the level was reduced to 1. The trap remains after all.

I like the name for Overdrive, but double the level may be a bit much. What if it was +10 levels, even allowing you to exceed max level?

The fake gem is bound to break the in-game economy. I know I'd be running that potion constantly durring every ritual. I'd be happy about it, but broken economy = boring game. I'd say no to this even though I'd love it.

Hahaha! I'd love to watch the rage from ppl playing through side-effects. That would be a difficult patch to write! I'm on the fence about this one. Let me think on it and get back to you.

Ah! So the final potion auto starts the dungeon? That is wicked. Much rage will follow.

Thanks for adding to the ideas!

#18 DarkLink

DarkLink

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe Twilight Realm

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

If more than one can be used at a time, the length for which they are in effect must be reduced.

My awesome dragons! Please click on them: DarkLink25.png

(Its not spam: Google "dragon cave". The first thing that comes up is the same website. You can also look at the thread in "off topic" known as "I am hoping to hatch a new baby thief out of the egg in my signature!")

#19 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

I like it! You are full of creative ideas my friend!
If it was a 5-trap-system like this I'd say make the prices similar to the re-spin prices.
1st potion is 10 orbs
2nd potion is 20
3rd is 40
4th is 80
5th is 160

You can't stock them and once there are 0 active the price starts over. If they lasted for 3 raids then we'd have to check to renew them every 2 1/2 hours.

I like the idea of halving the trap level instead of disabling it. It would still be effective if the level was reduced to 1. The trap remains after all.

I like the name for Overdrive, but double the level may be a bit much. What if it was +10 levels, even allowing you to exceed max level?

The fake gem is bound to break the in-game economy. I know I'd be running that potion constantly durring every ritual. I'd be happy about it, but broken economy = boring game. I'd say no to this even though I'd love it.

Hahaha! I'd love to watch the rage from ppl playing through side-effects. That would be a difficult patch to write! I'm on the fence about this one. Let me think on it and get back to you.

Ah! So the final potion auto starts the dungeon? That is wicked. Much rage will follow.

Thanks for adding to the ideas!

I didn't say they would all have to be priced the same. Of course the fake gem would be a lot more costly than the others, but gives guaranteed safety from the general population.

Voting against democracy?

#20 SK-thief

SK-thief

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

It would be more fair if there would be a cooldown depending on the time that the used potion lasts. Is half of the time the potion lasted too much?

EDIT: And if you would want to use more than one potion at the same time it would cost 5-10 orbs and the price of the potion. Of course the max potions you could have at the same time would be 3.

Also, what about a double skull gold bonus potion, to get more money? Price could be about 9 orbs, it would last for 12h and cooldown could be 6-8h.

Edited by SK-thief, 12 May 2015 - 08:02 PM.

2B7Zkgc.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SK-thief ~ Level 264 ~ GUILD: Yes I stole IT ~ 23.7M Gems~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Potion, pot, new, item, hey, devs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users