30 replies to this topic

#21 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

It would be more fair if there would be a cooldown depending on the time that the used potion lasts. Is half of the time the potion lasted too much?

EDIT: And if you would want to use more than one potion at the same time it would cost 5-10 orbs and the price of the potion. Of course the max potions you could have at the same time would be 3.

Also, what about a double skull gold bonus potion, to get more money? Price could be about 9 orbs, it would last for 12h and cooldown could be 6-8h.

+1 that's a good potion idea.

I like the balance of the potion's cool-down is half the duration. So a 6 hour potion has a 3 hour cool-down and 12 hour is 6 and so on. I feel that is fair.

With that balance I'd say it wouldn't be bad to be able to stock them. You could find them in doors and have a supply.

#22 Zahachos

Zahachos

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, in some far and unexplored dungeons...

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

This is an amazing idea, but there should be another way of getting these potions. Maybe have them randomly appear when breaking locks just like the attack potions and orbs?
Great idea +1

#23 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

This is an amazing idea, but there should be another way of getting these potions. Maybe have them randomly appear when breaking locks just like the attack potions and orbs?
Great idea +1

Thanks!
This is what I'm thinking too. My idea for this is: these potions only appear behind purple or gold locks, with an increased chance to appear behind Gold. Thus giving us Defensive potions and a reason to open higher level locks. I'd also like to see increased orb rewards for higher lvl locks, but that's a different topic.

#24 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

So how about this:

Pirate Potion: (9 orbs to purchase) Ye Be King of the seas!... I mean raiding. Adds an eye-patch to your totem that hides a random gem space for 12 hours. ARrRRr!!!

#25 Zahachos

Zahachos

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, in some far and unexplored dungeons...

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

Thanks!
This is what I'm thinking too. My idea for this is: these potions only appear behind purple or gold locks, with an increased chance to appear behind Gold. Thus giving us Defensive potions and a reason to open higher level locks. I'd also like to see increased orb rewards for higher lvl locks, but that's a different topic.

Amazing idea!

#26 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

Only 5 potions, as there are only 5 gem colours.

Unless...

Voting against democracy?

#27 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Only 5 potions, as there are only 5 gem colours.
Unless...

Yes? Don't leave me hanging.

#28 KOT11

KOT11

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

There is a place for another potion. I know advanced players will hate it but it should fill the space. It is Chest Lock/Shield. It will save 50%of your gold maybe 100%.

#29 Z11Zeleven

Z11Zeleven

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 16 posts
  • LocationYou would like to know, not?

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

We should get rid of all potions, not add more...

Come over to the forum games and join Global Domination; Tides of war :D

#30 Th3Eclips3

Th3Eclips3

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Defensive potions

Tired of never seeing gems higher than a little silver? Sick of your traps disappearing to leave your totem vulnerable? Willing to spend a few orbs to perform a Ritual? I am.

I purpose potions that defend your dungeon.
You could have up to two running at a time and an attacker would see the dungeon was under the effects of a defense potion.

The potions I'm thinking of include, but wouldn't be limited to:

Potion Shield. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 6 hours.
Prevents attackers from using potions in an attack for the duration of the shield.

Steel Traps. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 4 hours. Prevents traps from being disabled on death. Meaning, no more 7 death trap removal during an important ritual.

Trap Sharpening. -(9 orbs to purchase) lasts 5 hours. Increase trap damage by 5 levels for a short time.

No shirt, No shoes. -(9 orbs to purchase) Lasts 2 hours. Leave your suit at the door! Attackers will be forced to run the dungeon with no suit on!

I'd spend lots of orbs on these and would be happy to use a couple and put my high gems in my totem. This would let us see more gems of higher value, with a true test of skill to retrieve them. No more saving to 108 to buy a safe ritual! I'd happily let someone try for my 100k+ with these in place.

Also, I'd love the added challenge of the runs! It's getting a little boring with things as they stand. Let's add some more challenges!

Defense potions wouldn't count against a gem retrieve attack. Only two defense potions could be active at any given time.

Thoughts?

This would probably be the ancient totem if they add these things

(Ancient Totem uses your Unique Gems to make new potions if you don't know that already)

PS It is spelt Propose not Purpose

#31 Darth Raider

Darth Raider

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

This would probably be the ancient totem if they add these things

(Ancient Totem uses your Unique Gems to make new potions if you don't know that already)

PS It is spelt Propose not Purpose

Thanks for the edit. Why have we unearthed this? This post is fast approaching 3 years old. Also, ZeptoLabs has definitively answered the question of new potions as possible content. The answer is no. They will not add this feature or very many like it.

Thanks for your interest, but this was a proposed idea back when there were no thrones, 4 outfits, no lil’ scorcher, no ricochet, gems maxim size was 299,999 making perfect gems 899,997. There was no ritual bonus, there were no unique gems... etc

In other words, ancient history. ZeptoLabs used to listen and take suggestions about new content. This age is over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Potion, pot, new, item, hey, devs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users