Photo

KoT Builder, a new website to post your bases!

builder bases design webpage kotbuilder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

We're a couple of university students and KoT players. We started playing KoT some weeks ago and now we are stealing gems 24/7. In our way to be the king of thieves we surfed the internet, searching for a webpage that could help us to build great bases and keep our beloved gems, but nothing seems to fullfill our necessities. So one day we said, "hey, we are thieves developers, we can do that and help other players too". In this purpose we are glad to announce today that our webpage, kotbuilder.com is ready! The website can be used for many purposes such as:

• Post your base layout including a description for explaining the tricky parts ;)
  • Filter bases by layout, rating, name or date
  • Rate other user's bases

We have a lot of plans for expanding this website with many more features such as:

• Comment system
  • Share bases with a click to Reddit, Twitter and more
  • Suggestions are open :D

EDIT: we're going to take control of the uploads so we introduced a review system to control what goes public on the site. This will be a temporary solution while we develop an authentic builder (which will take some time).

#2 Blizzard

Blizzard

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

There is already something similar to this found here .

This is very well planned and designed though.  You've officially impressed me beyond belief.

I'm contacting higher in command currently to make them aware of this site.  I also want to pin it so people become aware. 

Nicely done! You may think about contacting iPaolino (creator of the link above) and asking if you could add some of his base designs to your website.

Suggestions:

You may think about creating more of an interactive way to add a base, rather than just a simple picture.  I'm not to sure how experienced you guys are in coding, but it would be very helpful.  

For example: http://clashofclansb...ild?latest=true for the ever-so popular game, Clash of Clans.

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Legend

Legend

Thievery Adept

• Thief
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

This is absolutely amazing. I hope this website is able to prosper in the future.

Good luck!

--

A Wanted Thief,

Legend  :ph34r:

*here was a way too big bouncing ghost*

Signature was made by Poldi on the forums!  :D 

http://forum.kingoft...d-geffi-sprite/

#4 Mr.GE

Mr.GE

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Damn that is one fine looking site if I do say so myself.I have a suggestion you should add a search method of base layouts like the currently uses site.Other than that it operates fine and has a nice design.Well done
signatur_6_animated4vpn6.gif

#5 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

Thank you for taking some time reviewing our webpage!

Yes, we are hoping to contact IPaolino to enlarge our database  and keep improving our webpage.

About your suggestion, we were thinking about doing an interactive platform to create the bases but we know that it will take some time so it's our future objective  :P

#6 Vegeta

Vegeta

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

Hey, nice project.

However, any image can be uploaded to the website for anyone to view, exactly any image.

http://kotbuilder.co.../bases/view/11 

#7 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hey, nice project.

However, any image can be uploaded to the website for anyone to view, exactly any image.

http://kotbuilder.co.../bases/view/11 

Yeah, you are true, we were hoping that people won't upload other stuff but obviusly we were wrong, now we added a review system to control the uploads, as a temporary solution until we make the builder, thanks!

#8 Gimic

Gimic

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

I'll make sure to post some of my great bases there.
https://www.facebook.com/shaymorad

To beat your base you must get lucky, twice, in a row.

#9 Zaraf

Zaraf

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

There is already something similar to this found here .

This is very well planned and designed though.  You've officially impressed me beyond belief.

I'm contacting higher in command currently to make them aware of this site.  I also want to pin it so people become aware. 

Nicely done! You may think about contacting iPaolino (creator of the link above) and asking if you could add some of his base designs to your website.

Suggestions:

You may think about creating more of an interactive way to add a base, rather than just a simple picture.  I'm not to sure how experienced you guys are in coding, but it would be very helpful.  

For example: http://clashofclansb...ild?latest=true for the ever-so popular game, Clash of Clans.

As mentioned, if you are able to create something where we can design the bases right there on the computer screen (like the Clash of Clans builder), that would be even better! Before I clicked on the link, that's actually what I thought it would be.

Also, why is every database missing the "staircase layout"?

Spoiler

#10 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

As mentioned, if you are able to create something where we can design the bases right there on the computer screen (like the Clash of Clans builder), that would be even better! Before I clicked on the link, that's actually what I thought it would be.

Also, why is every database missing the "staircase layout"?

Spoiler

You are right Zaraf, now this layout is in the database too, we try to add all the base layouts that we find, so we appreciate opinions like these :)

#11 BoF6om

BoF6om

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

great work. that site will be an amazing idea's place

#12 Zaraf

Zaraf

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

It would be nice if you could add the ability for people to leave comments on various base designs.

#13 qlb1234

qlb1234

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

No offense. But ads pop up everywhere I click. That's annoying.

Any chance to upload to imgur and share to your web site without registering? I'll walk away if registration needs my mail address.

#14 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

It would be nice if you could add the ability for people to leave comments on various base designs.

We're working on a comment system. It will be out really soon.

No offense. But ads pop up everywhere I click. That's annoying.

Any chance to upload to imgur and share to your web site without registering? I'll walk away if registration needs my mail address.

Agree with you, we have temporary disabled the ads. Sorry for the incovenience.

#15 bamboo

bamboo

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

can you make a GUI to allow user to actually design a base on the web, instead of upload an image.

#16 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

can you make a GUI to allow user to actually design a base on the web, instead of upload an image.

Sure, we are working on it.

#17 EPICI

EPICI

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

Wait, so in the future you're going to be able to actually create and test dungeons as if it were in the actual game?

Awesome!

Good luck emulating the physics.

Voting against democracy?

#18 kotbuilder

kotbuilder

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Wait, so in the future you're going to be able to actually create and test dungeons as if it were in the actual game?

Awesome!

Good luck emulating the physics.

You will be able to create but not test, that's why the game is for ;)

#19 MoShiK

MoShiK

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Can someone give me good defense for this dungeon?

http://www.duebytes....ves/img/b26.jpg

#20 MindGroove

MindGroove

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

http://kotbuilder.com/bases/view/72could anyone tell me how to do this? I can't understand how I'm supposed to do it, it's impossible for me right now ahah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: builder, bases, design, webpage, kotbuilder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users