• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#1 Chervey

Chervey

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

Have you ever heard of Watchers? This is the ancient order of guardians in the world of thieves. They look after chaos.

We all know that there always should be someone who keeps an eye on others and helps gems to flow from pocket to pocket. It's a hard, but honorable duty. Here is the current (07/06/2016) list of Watchers:

Community Managers/Creators:
shady95
Chervey
Stiv
v3nus (predominantly specializes in localization!)

Elder Watchers:
DanFariasM
Fezzik

Ashman

Watchers:
Aluce

Oliver666666

Geist812

Somark

Sorry Dude

Skydancer

Ramcyz

New Watchers:

Anas

Let's imagine that you may join this order. Being a part of Watchers, what would you expect from them? What would you like to contribute to this ancient order to make it prosper?

Edited by Ashman, 02 November 2017 - 09:00 AM.
Updated

When you create a world, you should survive living in it twice in a row. So...

Enjoy Hardcore.

Lv 67/  10M+ Gems

Official noob player 

chervey-ex1qgzlf.gif

#2 Spekil

Spekil

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Whoa!

#3 Bill Dre

Bill Dre

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

WWoww, seem like something new is coming :)

Watchers can give advice. 
Watchers can...protect "the poor".
Watchers can predict the chance of being raided.

You can steal it if you really want but you must die, die and die, die and die. :)

#4 SageSmith

SageSmith

Thievery Adept

• Stray Thief
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

sorry, apparently you 'were talking about something else.  I'll repost the idea under suggestions.

Edited by SageSmith, 16 February 2015 - 04:47 PM.

KOTSignature.png

#5 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I would expect them to be kind, helpful, friendly,but also take matters into their own hands when needed, what is this about by the way?
Wondering how to post images? Click here

#6 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

Try to help everyone, make contributions and understand the game and you make more chance to participate !

Posted Image

#7 kill3r610

kill3r610

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

I shall contribute with
This is ten percent luck,
Twenty percent skill,
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
Five percent pleasure,
Fifty percent pain,
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

lyrics from:

fort minor-remember the name

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Let's player #1

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

I shall contribute with
This is ten percent luck,
Twenty percent skill,
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
Five percent pleasure,
Fifty percent pain,
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Isn't this from the Song "Remember The Name"? I wouldn't recommend putting copyrighted lines into your contribution, but good effort :0
Posted Image
Your performance is great as long as you have fun :0

#9 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ooh, this is interesting.

What I would see in a watcher is a loyal and commanding theif that's there to spend his/her thieving helping other theives prosper with knowledge and advice, and improvise their skills in gem stealing, and gem protecting. A watcher would be someone who's willing to go out of their way to help those who are struggling, and can't make it to the thievery crew, with their support and helpful tips. A watcher would possibly see those who are ruining the experience for others (No idea how, but possibly chat/hacks) and take swift action on the issue. I would also expect them to have decent grammar, and to be kind, no matter what. To sum up: A watcher would be their guardian thief.
If I was a guardian, what I'd be looking for as a role would be to help the community of theives prosper, and to create a safe and hate-free environment. I'd be expecting a task like "Clear the bad" and "Help the confused". I'd expect to be there for others, and not focus on myself, unless required to.

As you said - Watchers are an aincent group which should prosper. Watchers will never prosper unless they deserve to do so. Only a proper group should be a watcher. If that group will be some of us - make sure that who you choose deserves to be a watcher.

#10 T.J.

T.J.

The first Watcher

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts
  • LocationChamber of Watchers

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

Your will, my hands. 

#11 llizard20

llizard20

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

I, myself, would love to be a watcher, if it is alright.

#12 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

I forgot to apply in my first post so I hope you don't mind me applying here lol
Wondering how to post images? Click here

#13 preni99

preni99

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

I'd like to apply.

#14 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

To my own personal experience of other games, being a watcher/moderator requires numerous traits and functionalities.

To be a mod, you need to be vigilante, responsible and experienced, however, so if you want to be one, make sure you have the attainted characteristics.

Before you decide on if you wanna go for the moderator position. Consider how you are as a person. Would you have to change to be one? Wouldn't that be a waste of who you really are. Being a mod isn't the be all and end all, it's a job, a duty, a responsibility. You get a bombardment of messages, only a few being an honest accusation related to your duty, some being spam, and others hate. Once the game grows you will have even more of a responsibility. All in a days work, though, right.

You also need to have a good knowledge of how to handle problems, meaning you have to be quite intelligent in dealing correct punishments (knowing your rules inside out) and helping others with their issues, you gotta be skeptical and show discernment.

Being a mod would be good for some and bad for others, dependent upon your personality, just my two cents, though. It's a hefty task to have upon ones shoulders, and isn't for the people who can't handle being critiqued and under heavy observation for every action you take, everything you do and all the things you say. Because being a mod in other games, from past experience, results in that.

Being a mod, on a forum, requires you to prevent spam, attain high morale and keep a steady pace of balanced and respectful diversity in the said community, in the case, ours!

I, personally would love to be a watcher, seems like my kind of thing. I speak fluent English and can converse with community members and other colleagues easily. I am mature enough to handle any obstacle thrown at me and I am a very experienced forumer. I am pretty intelligent and have the problem solving skills to be able to overcome issues and I am pretty good at the game, which helps. :P

Thanks for reading. :)
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#15 Storawr

Storawr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

I'd like to apply

#16 Beck

Beck

goin' down, like a clown!

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationWhere It's At!

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

It sounds interesting! I've been a "Watcher" on several other forums as well, so I'd like to apply, too! Thanks!

leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

#17 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

After some thinking, I would love to apply for a role as a watcher. I've been on different forums for around 5 years now, and I love to help others with their troubles.

I'm also going to vouch for JackBowe, as he completely deserves the spot of a watcher, as I've known him on another game for quite a while now.

#18 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

After some thinking, I would love to apply for a role as a watcher. I've been on different forums for around 5 years now, and I love to help others with their troubles.

I'm also going to vouch for JackBowe, as he completely deserves the spot of a watcher, as I've known him on another game for quite a while now.

I also got a spot on him ( and maybe you too ), in the mean time while you guys are waiting on a reaction of the watcher promotor would it be smart to contribute to the forums :D If you are already doing that, than just continue !

I wish you guys luck!

Posted Image

#19 Kyle447

Kyle447

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

I've been a forum administrator and have run a whole forum before. So I'd be interested in applying.

#20 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

I've been a forum administrator and have run a whole forum before. So I'd be interested in applying.

Being a forum administrator is quite easy when creating your own forum :P 

Could you private message me which forum you were admin, i'm quite interested :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users