#21 RayenRivano

RayenRivano

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

I was a moderator at Battlefield heroes. I have some experience with forums :) and ofcourse my love for this game!

#22 Kirkrock101

Kirkrock101

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGuess where i live eh? :P

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

Hey! Im Kirk, Ive been playing this game for abit now and been on the forums abit and im having a fun time with this friendly community of gamers! I would love to become a watcher to help this game and forum become even a bigger succes then it already is. I would expect a watcher to be friendly, helpful, and have respect for everyone that is on this forum but might have to put someone in there place in order to keep things going stright. And i would expect a watcher to understand the game more then most of the players to be able to give insite on what would be better or to just help someone out with a random question.

Thank, Kirk

P.S. I love this game alot!

#23 Compuslive

Compuslive

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Being a forum administrator is quite easy when creating your own forum :P

I have to argue this point to be quite honest. Games and other major websites do not use forum builders to make their forums. They code it FROM SCRATCH and have to find all the bugs, keep the servers running, keep the users happy, implement new features without any corrupt data, and many other difficult tasks. It is anything but easy to run a forum.

#24 Aristo

Aristo

The Noob

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

I have to argue this point to be quite honest. Games and other major websites do not use forum builders to make their forums. They code it FROM SCRATCH and have to find all the bugs, keep the servers running, keep the users happy, implement new features without any corrupt data, and many other difficult tasks. It is anything but easy to run a forum.

You're a grumpy one, eh?
Hey look, that Aristo guy is posting on all the threads again!

#25 Beck

Beck

goin' down, like a clown!

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationWhere It's At!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

You're a grumpy one, eh?

Not grumpy, he's correct. It's a difficult process that demands time, knowledge, and effort.

leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

#26 Bejewled

Bejewled

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationA Black Hole

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

Being a watcher would be great! I have too much free time anyways.
What I expect from being a watcher is being able to carefully handle situations in where one wrong move can cause unnecessary fights and arguments. I myself would expect them to be calm and relaxed , while not being too lenient at the same time. It's a fine line between evil tyrant and a composed watcher. I would also expect them to know that they would have to be active, and not just do some lazy half done job where they get on once every 3 days. If you really wanted to be a Watcher you should have made the commitment.

What I would commit?

I would offer advice to fellow watcher in need if be , mayhaps on the best way to handle a situation.
But in all honest I couldn't say I would be better then any other watcher, we all are equals at the end of the day.

#27 ThyLuigi

ThyLuigi

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

What I'd expect from a "watcher" is to know what rules you have to follow, staying mature, and being somewhat skeptical, you can't really trust someone's word, as they could very easily be lying. I'd expect a "watcher" to take their role in the forums seriously, to move threads that need moved and to punish rule breakers that need to be punished, after all, it is for the well being of other people. This does not mean you punish anyone who does the smallest thing wrong, for certain rules, I feel you should be warned about what rule you are breaking, and what consequences may be used if you continue breaking whatever rule may be being broken.

By the way, I would take JackBowe's post into consideration, from seeing him on other forums, he seems to know how to take on responsibility.
Hai Guise.
Pineapplez, Kiwez, and Banerners are all duelercious.

#28 ctc8998

ctc8998

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

Watcher seems aweomse, good idea!

#29 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationCanada (We Canadians Got to stick together Eh?)

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Probably to be active, Kind, Mature, Responsible, and to retire when they can not keep up, or stop playing the game. They should also have good grammar, and and always be willing to help.

This is just my suggestion though.

Posted Image

#30 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

I was a moderator at Battlefield heroes. I have some experience with forums :) and ofcourse my love for this game!

That swell, but I would suggest being a little more active, and being on the forums a little longer before trying to apply. 

Its nothing personally though, its just you can go on any forums, and apply, because you use to be a moderator, you should first make people think you are right for the job, then apply.

Posted Image

#31 K-Dawgz

K-Dawgz

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationI come from the deepest and darkest depths of the world, unknown to many. I come from a place where evil rules and happiness has no meaning. I come from place where people fight for survival making morality and ethics lost. A place where even the sun and the moon are too scared to come out. A place where only a true thief lives, a place where only a true thief lies...

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

I'd love to be a 'watcher' but, I've barely contributed to this site. Hopefully I can be more of a help whether I become a 'watcher' or stay as a simple member.   :lol:

4126552.png

#32 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

I agree with you, it's not quite easy to be an forum administrator but being one is something else than performing like one.

We obviously doesn't know if he just made a forum and made his self an admin ( without performing like one ), if people want status/respect on the forum than you have to earn it again ;)

Posted Image

#33 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

I agree with you, it's not quite easy to be an forum administrator but being one is something else than performing like one.

We obviously doesn't know if he just made a forum and made his self an admin ( without performing like one ), if people want status/respect on the forum than you have to earn it again ;)

This is something I can agree with, and have seen on just being an active member on other old forums, that I not longer am a part of. The best way to know if you are ready for the job, is when multiple people tell you, that you should, out of the blue.

+1 Rose

Posted Image

#34 TrollrageJr

TrollrageJr

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

I've heard many things about modship.
In my experience it's a pretty hard job, since the community is growing.
You'll be spammed with tons of pm's, you can't deal with every single pm.

Being a watcher makes you look in every single thread, to check if theres spam, drama etc.
I personally would love to apply, but I believe that my chances are low due my lack in experience in this game.

Hold up m8's.

It's gonna get pretty spooky.... I mean festival.
xN2CYHV.gif

#35 Muhan

Muhan

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

I will look into this. I can't choose sides without having all the information so I will take a look at this case for you. This is a vey serious matter and rest assured I will solve this case :0

thank you so much !

#36 Muhan

Muhan

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

update: she/he just pm and the warning will be removed!

#37 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

I've heard many things about modship.
In my experience it's a pretty hard job, since the community is growing.
You'll be spammed with tons of pm's, you can't deal with every single pm.

Being a watcher makes you look in every single thread, to check if theres spam, drama etc.
I personally would love to apply, but I believe that my chances are low due my lack in experience in this game.

You guys could make our job a little easier by reporting it though :)
Wondering how to post images? Click here

#38 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

update: she/he just pm and the warning will be removed!

May the patience be with you :) #StarWarsSarcasm

You guys could make our job a little easier by reporting it though :)

Agreeed

Posted Image

#39 TheRealNinjaChicken

TheRealNinjaChicken

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

Watchers need to be friendly, kind, and helpful without being too emotionally dull.  ;)

They're expected to listen to others no matter what the reason may be, and they actively try to solve arguments and/or disputes on the server.

If I were to join this forum group, I'd take these responsibilities seriously, and try my best to help the forum community. Not that it needs help though, this is about one of the most welcoming forums I've ever been to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Message approved by the International Committee of Chickens.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#40 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

While not being a watcher, you can still elevate others experiences with reporting others who are causing wrong doings and abiding by the rules yourself; providing no incongruities is actually a HUGE help to cut down on contemptibities and heinous behaviour within our forum here at King of Thieves.

Good luck to all those who applied, maybe you'll be a watcher some day. :o
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users