#41 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

While not being a watcher, you can still elevate others experiences with reporting others who are causing wrong doings and abiding by the rules yourself; providing no incongruities is actually a HUGE help to cut down on contemptibities and heinous behaviour within our forum here at King of Thieves.
Good luck to all those who applied, maybe you'll be a watcher some day. :o

^Quoting in case someone scrolls past this.

Many people make it their goal to be a watcher. Some people operate under the rule 'If you're not a watcher, you can't help anyone, and if you do; we'll call you a mini-mod'. This is absurd, so say the least, and if you work with that statement: stop. How many people have helped you already this year, and are they in any position of power?

Other fourmers makes it their goal to be a watcher, if this applies to you: Stop trying to be someone you can be without effort. To the bone - [/B]A watcher is a regular member who just enforces the rules[/B]. You cannot help any more being a watcher than being a normal person, and being a watcher is HARD. Especially when this forum gets very popular. If you operate under the rule 'I need to be a watcher, so I have to help people.': Stop. I would much rather be helped by someone who's going out of their way to help than someone who's set it their goal to help. Ways like 'opening the door for people' and 'helping that person carry the heavy box' is going out of your way, whereas 'Looking for crimes to stop' is setting it your goal to help.

I wish all of you the best of luck with becoming a watcher, as JackBowe said. Just try not to make it your dream to become one!

#42 T.J.

T.J.

The first Watcher

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts
  • LocationChamber of Watchers

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:01 AM

I really like what Liammagoo said, and to be honest even if i wasn't a watcher i would be helping out just the same, I'm pretty far in the game and i know quite a bit about it all, I'm just happy to help. The only difference really is i'm able to edit posts and read through reports to help you guys in a different way, otherwise i'm because i want to be and i just want to help you guys out with anything you may need 

#43 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:14 AM

I really like what Liammagoo said, and to be honest even if i wasn't a watcher i would be helping out just the same, I'm pretty far in the game and i know quite a bit about it all, I'm just happy to help. The only difference really is i'm able to edit posts and read through reports to help you guys in a different way, otherwise i'm because i want to be and i just want to help you guys out with anything you may need

I also agree, to an extent. I believe having an aspiration to be a watcher is no problem at all; we all have something be want to strive for and thrive in, it's more about how you go about it that matters in the end.

If you have to change yourself (I don't mean adapt to spam and the like. Adaptation is a positive trait) to be a watcher, such as changing your overall personality, then it really isn't the position for you. If you want to help for the pure sake of elevating people's knowledge and overall fun factor by providing advice, information and resolving issues, do it. Not for the heinous reasons of simply craving power. :P
If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#44 T.J.

T.J.

The first Watcher

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts
  • LocationChamber of Watchers

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

exactly, and to be honest i want as many people to be at my lv as possible, that way i canard your dungeons and you guys can "try" to raid mine :P so i really do want to help everyone :)

#45 EnzoW_

EnzoW_

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationYour dungeon

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

Congratulations to all selected : D

6nhFedf.jpg

+160k Gems / Leader of All League / 500k Money :3 / Level 26 / My art is abstract .

#46 Hyoran

Hyoran

Thief without luck

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Up North

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

I would expect a watcher to be respectful and helpful, kind and active on forums and mature. It is their job to view forum posts and make sure everything is in order. Tough work, but someone is going to have to make sure us thieves stay in line :P

People are posting sites they have been forum staff on, so i'll post some. Am I allowed to say the link? If not i'll just say what it's called. If i'm not allowed to do that, please let me know!

Admin on goldpvp forums - quite a bit of work, there are many sections and I have to deal with people doing strange things on a regular basis. Recently some bot has been making fake accounts and spamming new threads, so I had to go and remove all of their messages and ban all of them. 

Mod on mcspvp forums - not as much work as goldpvp forums, but I still go on and help watch over the community there

Helper on brutalfactions forums - Although I do not have the rank (no helpers do, as they get demoted occasionally), I go on and respond to posts and the usual forum stuff. If I see something inappropriate, I go and send them the link or message to the higher-ups who can do something about it.

#47 Tyrion

Tyrion

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

I have been a mod on the game battles forums a few years ago and it is a lot of work! However keeping the peace is necessary and preventing thieves from spamming the forums or degrading other members is our primary goal. The key to being a successful moderator is being active, friendly, diligent, and fair to all fourm members. 

Tyrion Lannister

Join "Game of Thrones" Guild

#48 Theif

Theif

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

I would love to apply as a watcher, but it's your decision.

EDIT:

Watcher status doesn't mean anything. You can be a watcher, even IF the status doesn't say so. We all can be watchers by helping out a new player, or by being kind. You can't apply for being a watcher. You are just chosen. In fact, if you ask, it probably means you just want power.

I take back wanting to apply. It is entirely up to you.

Edited by THEIF, 02 March 2015 - 03:36 AM.

THEIF:

An outcast trying to reclaim the King's throne.

The only one, who can stop the King's rule, once and for all.

Oh, and by the way, she's a girl.

signatur_5_animatedjzs8w.gif

#49 Hyoran

Hyoran

Thief without luck

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

I would love to apply as a watcher, but it's your decision.

I'm pretty sure to apply you just type stuff about being a watcher into this chat :P

#50 Theif

Theif

Thievery Practitioner

• Thief
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

I edited, now, its up to them

THEIF:

An outcast trying to reclaim the King's throne.

The only one, who can stop the King's rule, once and for all.

Oh, and by the way, she's a girl.

signatur_5_animatedjzs8w.gif

#51 Blizzard

Blizzard

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:38 AM

I'm pretty sure to apply you just type stuff about being a watcher into this chat :P

Not at all.  I never said a single word in this thread, and I'm a Watcher.

In order to be a Watcher you must be helpful, informative, and active.  Don't just post aimlessly for the sake of getting your post amount increased.  

This Secret Order has instincts like a hawk.  We know whose ready and whose not.

Posted Image Posted Image

#52 Hyoran

Hyoran

Thief without luck

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

hunh, I guess you haven't. Nevermind then :P

#53 NotOfThisWorld

NotOfThisWorld

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHere for now

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Just be an outstanding member of this forum and your deeds will be noticed.

8YGJT7D.gif

NOTW's Best Dungeons YouTube Channel:

http://tinyurl.com/notw22

#54 Bejewled

Bejewled

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 27 posts
  • LocationA Black Hole

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

But don't be one of those people who helps others just to get watcher , then proceeds to abuse it once they get it.
With great power comes great responsibility.

#55 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationCanada (We Canadians Got to stick together Eh?)

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Have you ever heard of Watchers? This is the ancient order of guardians in the world of thieves. They look after chaos. 

We all know that there always should be someone who keeps an eye on others and helps gems to flow from pocket to pocket. It's a hard, but honourable duty. Here is the current (27.02.2015) list of Watchers:

Ezekiel

TJ Shadows Guild

Menta

Beck

JackBowe

Blizzard

Let's imagine that you may join this order. Being a part of Watchers, what would you expect from them? What would you like to contribute to this ancient order to make it prosper?

+ me :D

Posted Image

#56 Hydra

Hydra

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

Congrats Dakota. Am I too late? Ok then.
If you don't build your dreams, someone will hire you to build theirs.

#57 olivestab

olivestab

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

In regards to moderation, Most admins would delegate "global" moderators (watchers) and usually a 2nd tier mod team where each person may be assigned a specific forum to keep a Diligent eye on. This would assure that spam, or incorrect posts to the wrong forums can be dealt with immediately even on the lesser used forums, so the forum board ALLWAYS looks well maintained.

Aside from "banning bad guys" :) you will most likely have to watch for duplicate posts, aid users in simple tasks such as creating a signature, and wayde through user "reports" and the majority of them may be bogus reports from a bot or simply unececary.

Its important to maintain a friendly but neutral approach to issues that appear publicly, and its best to deal with those situations DELICATELY, because nobody likes to be humiliated. Know when to kindly assert your role as a moderator when you have to "close a thread" or issue a warning, and make sure you can do this at the appropriate time BEFORE it becomes a problem.

Overall, you would be expected to maintain a friendly and professional attitude ALL THE TIME, because although you are VOLUNTEERING, you are still reflecting the "company" witch is a BIG responsibility considering you are a outside moderator (watcher) among the staff and development behind king of thieves.

just a friendly note from a fellow theif :) please consider the points I made if you are interested in being a watcher. Moderators reflect the environment in forums, so I hope to see some fun people become watchers!
-olive

#58 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationCanada (We Canadians Got to stick together Eh?)

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

In regards to moderation, Most admins would delegate "global" moderators (watchers) and usually a 2nd tier mod team where each person may be assigned a specific forum to keep a Diligent eye on. This would assure that spam, or incorrect posts to the wrong forums can be dealt with immediately even on the lesser used forums, so the forum board ALLWAYS looks well maintained.

Aside from "banning bad guys" :) you will most likely have to watch for duplicate posts, aid users in simple tasks such as creating a signature, and wayde through user "reports" and the majority of them may be bogus reports from a bot or simply unececary.

Its important to maintain a friendly but neutral approach to issues that appear publicly, and its best to deal with those situations DELICATELY, because nobody likes to be humiliated. Know when to kindly assert your role as a moderator when you have to "close a thread" or issue a warning, and make sure you can do this at the appropriate time BEFORE it becomes a problem.

Overall, you would be expected to maintain a friendly and professional attitude ALL THE TIME, because although you are VOLUNTEERING, you are still reflecting the "company" witch is a BIG responsibility considering you are a outside moderator (watcher) among the staff and development behind king of thieves.

just a friendly note from a fellow theif :) please consider the points I made if you are interested in being a watcher. Moderators reflect the environment in forums, so I hope to see some fun people become watchers!
-olive

Well written, however for your first point, we currently only have 2 tiers, Creators, and Watchers. We like to keep the watcher globally helpful, rather than stuck in one section, since other section tend to be more helpful, and if you see something happening in one forum, all you can do is report.

Posted Image

#59 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

I'll give it some more time to build up my reputation before attempting to become an almighty "Watcher."

#60 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Well written, however for your first point, we currently only have 2 tiers, Creators, and Watchers. We like to keep the watcher globally helpful, rather than stuck in one section, since other section tend to be more helpful, and if you see something happening in one forum, all you can do is report.

Staff falls under Watchers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users