• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSimply walking into Mordor, while using the Force to blast my way through hordes of daleks, While riding my hoverboard and wearing self-tying sneakers.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

In this post, I will provide a defense for Newbies, Honest Players, and Zeptolab. You can quote this post at anytime.

Now before you spam the replies saying, "What?! Why defend those things?!", hear me out. Now those topics tend to be very controversial and touchy, so I'll try to be as gentle as I can... (And sorry about the spacing between the lines, it just posted that way for some reason)

In The Defense of Newbies

Now calm down, that thief that just raided you had to use every potion to get past your rock-solid dungeon, "What a noob.". Ok, for starters, stop calling every person that's not that great at the game a noob. Listen to yourself, the word sounds idiotic even. Think about it, all of us were newbies at one point or another, so don't make fun of that one guy who took 35 tries to get past. He actually might have had,

• Lag
  • Low Battery
  • Low Connection
  • Less Sensitive Touch-Screen
  • Over Sensitive Touch-Screen

​  We all have beginnings, some just start out a little more different than others. We've all had our epic fails, jumping way too late, realizing your dungeon can easily be raided with a single potion, or even trying way too hard on a nearly impossible defense.  The definition,        new·bie

ˈn(y)o͞obē/
                                                                                                   noun
                                                                                                       informal
                                                                                                An inexperienced newcomer to a particular activity.

So actually by definition, we were all "noobs" at one time. Seemingly one of the most popular, overused/falsely used terms. So everyone, expand your vocabulary just ever so slightly. And help those newcomers, don't criticize, lest the cycle of animosity repeat itself once more.

In The Defense of Honest Players vs. Hackers/Cheaters

Ah, so you've just completed that painstakingly hard dungeon and successfully saved. What's this? Half an hour later, you check back on your dungeon to find that your best gem from the totem was stolen by someone who got 3 stars and 0 deaths on your awesome dungeon. Looking at the replay, you notice he walks right through your saw and gets to your totem.

Now, any normal player would attempt to get back at him for stealing that 357k gem, so you go to retrieve it, and it's covered in saws. Thus impossible. Now this happens so rarely nowadays thanks to the impeccable script. So there's no real reason to freak out over a single cheater that happened to find you. Remember, Zeptolab is trying.

Now on the matter of hackers, they were either newbies (see previous defense) who got made fun of, or stolen from so much, to the point of hacking to get back at others, or simply trollers. Don't resort to this newbies or fed-up players, my suggestion is find an honest, helpful, nice, guild to join. They'll help you through any kind of league by retrieving lost gems. But whatever you do, DON'T HACK/CHEAT. And if you're having problems with making a good defense, read iPaolino's http://forum.kingoft...uts-collection/ and look for your dungeon layout.

In The Defense of Zeptolab

I don't have any actual evidence to provide for Zeptolab, but I'll do what I can. Zeptolabis an awesome app company, they gave us Cut the Rope and Pudding Monsters™. Why are so many people hating on them for one game? Sure, the game isn't the best or most glitch-free, but it's really creative of an idea, addicting, and all-around fun to play. Sure hackers make the game less fun, (see previous defense) but most every game has its hackers/cheaters.

So Zeptolab™ is just taking money with this game? Well, then why is it free? Why would they patch it  up? Why are they coming out with updates still? Because they care. They paid good money to make this game, don't you think they want to make that money back? I sure would. In-app purchases help them to do that, so they do the reasonable thing and slightly nudge the player to use them. The game is still very fun and playable without an I.A.P.

Don't you think that they're already up to their shoulders in hacker reports? Believe it or not, they're actually doing stuff about that. Read the forum news, hackers get banned sooner or later. And they did, they came out with a script that is working the heck out of hackers, most all of them are banned. And when you report hackers, you get an in-game bonus to compensate for your losses.  

I hope you've come to a new understanding of this game, and will stop complaining about every aspect of this pretty awesome game. Zeptolab™ works hard on their games, and I bet it makes them pretty sad to see everyone complaining all the time. "Are you not entertained?" At least one person is satisfied with Zeptolab™'s hard work, http://forum.kingoft...to-you/?hl=case.

So don't hate, appreciate all the work that went (and is still going) into this game. And don't insult this post too much if you please.                                                                   :D 

Yes you may use any/all parts of this post to quote/link. I am of no affiliation with Zeptolab™ and do not own any parts of it. Please do not post any rage/angry comments about this post because of your overly sensitive thief nerves. 

Edited by Nailstrom, 15 July 2015 - 03:42 PM.

J10pgLz.gif

Proud leader of Astral Thieves

What Kind of thief are you?

#2 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSimply walking into Mordor, while using the Force to blast my way through hordes of daleks, While riding my hoverboard and wearing self-tying sneakers.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

Introducing the best wording I can find to defend newbies.  :lol: lol

J10pgLz.gif

#3 ducqt00

ducqt00

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

so touchy... i am not a newbie nor a hacker though... but zeptolab is still an awesome company that actually makes really good games...

#4 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

:D (btw, I wasn't writing from experience, I just  wanted to address all these controversial subjects)

J10pgLz.gif

#5 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

We receive your reports, thieves! Thank you for them. We promise that all hackers will be punished. However it will take some time.

We've got some good news for you. We're going to launch a new software today. Every cheater, who uses third party programs, will be found. We will test accuracy of this solution for two weeks. During this period of time we will ban cheaters with caution. And in case it's as good as we need it to be, we'll turn on an autoban feature in three weeks. Every player who has ever used known cheats, will be banned. -Chervey

Huzzah! A cheat prevention system! 

J10pgLz.gif

#6 varoan

varoan

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

ya know writing big is just annoying right?   rarely is it actually something that should be used, like for example if a mod really wants to emphasize something in a giant post of theirs.  

#7 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

... Stay on topic please. But it's in a large font for one reason, I'm on my phone and the page was small. #2, Simply for slightly larger emphasis. I don't understand why it annoys so so much, but I'll reduce the severity of the size. K?

Ok, reduced the size of the text. (Not titles)

Edited by Nailstrom, 16 June 2015 - 04:43 PM.

J10pgLz.gif

#8 fatninja

fatninja

unicorn taint

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

How is the game "technically" still in beta?

Edited by fatninja, 16 June 2015 - 04:57 PM.

Go to the Dark Side, they have gold locks.

#9 Ñightwõlf

Ñightwõlf

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

It wasn't annoying for me. Just gave me a really huge headache. Really good post though :D

#10 Orion1024

Orion1024

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

Very good post thank you.
I disagree on your semi-justification for hacking (they were poor newbies who got rejected ? What are they, 10 years-old ?), but overall it needed to be said.

Tired of skipping worthless dungeons over and over again ? Of being kept from playing by golden locks ? You can help getting the message to the devs here :
http://forum.kingoft...ets-solve-this/

You can vote for the poll, share your opinion, or just add a +1 to support the thread.

#11 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

fatninja: How is the game "technically" still in beta?

Ask Chervey. I'm guessing because not all of the features planned have been added, or not all the main bugs.

J10pgLz.gif

#12 Tjackhammer

Tjackhammer

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

Beta for 2 years? They shouldn't have accepted iap, or at least their confidence is a lot higher than mine as ironing out hackers and glitches.... Oh wait...

#13 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

OK, I admit. Most of them probably weren't newbies, but to those who were, this does apply. Most of them were probably trollers, or people just trying to get ahead unfairly.

EDIT: changed Hacker defense paraghraph

J10pgLz.gif

#14 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

I put beta in there simply because it has been said by Chervey at times, and by other watchers. If it bug all of you so much, I'll edit it. (Just writing what I read :P )

J10pgLz.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defense, in, of, traps, dungeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users