Photo

Is There a Specific Position the Door Has To Be In For This Layout To Work?

blades jump saw gap dungeon layout base door position timing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:26 AM

I'm trying to master the saw gap jump now that I have a base that I can practice it in, but I'm convinced it's a pixel perfect jump and that the door positioning matters as to whether or not you can make the jump.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? I'd really appreciate any tips on how to master this jump.

I had the triple spawn trap mastered before the new physics were implemented, but for the life of me I can't get this down. 

Thanks in advance for any tips you might be able to share. 

5JAAneE.jpg

#2 Nobel

Nobel

NoBells allowed!

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:54 AM

No it does not

834an8w.png

Like my Profile Pic? Then Like Me! Want a Free Smile?

#3 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

The door position does matter, but so does amount of jumps. If you also hit a lower corner of wall, it nullifies the door position. From certain corner starting points it's impossible, from some it's possible. And as I said, amount of jumps also matter.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#4 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:41 AM

I've received two diametrically opposed responses. lol

I feel I'm no further along than when I originally posted. 

But thank you for chiming in. I do appreciate the responses.

The door position does matter, but so does amount of jumps. If you also hit a lower corner of wall, it nullifies the door position. From certain corner starting points it's impossible, from some it's possible. And as I said, amount of jumps also matter.

Can you provide any screenshots of layouts where the door is properly positioned for the jump to work?

I found zero saw gap jump layouts for this map on the altervista site.

No it does not

Do you know of or can you provide any videos of the jump being performed on this map?

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

I used to save this layout, it was really hard btw, took like 4 hours for me.

qClJrPb.png

U can also move the cannon 1 unit up, so it will cover gem slot, but i think it will be a bit easier.

#6 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

http://forum.kingoft...e-gap-saw-jump/

#7 Nicronous

Nicronous

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

In my experience they are both right.

Basically the placement of the door changes the difficulty of the jump possibly making it impassible in some scenarios. You however are hitting a wall which changes the way you approach the jump, because you can exit the wall in an large number of positions the placement of the door no longer matters.

For practice try placing the saw where the door is, and place the door on the bottom of the dungeon then try to go up the walls off the ceiling and over the saw. This typically is a good way to learn the basics of this jump once you get it down how you need to hit the corner you can practice it in harder positions without the ceiling to assist you.

#8 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2381 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

Its not so much the position of the door but the timing of your jump.

You have to jump from the perfect position at the perfect time to make the jump possible.

The hit box on the saw is not a perfect circle so you have to jump through it at the right time.

#9 Nicronous

Nicronous

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

You have to jump from the perfect position at the perfect time to make the jump possible.

The hit box on the saw is not a perfect circle so you have to jump through it at the right time.

I do not believe this to be the case the logic works for jumps where you run straight at the saw, different door locations will make you reach the saw at different times. But, it breaks down when you add a wall to jump from. every time I reached a certain position and started my jump I would make it over the saw this happened regardless of if I spent more time on the wall or less. I think the jump would be a lot more random if it was a changing hitbox.

#10 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

The saw is circle, but for jump to work, it must hit just on the edge of the platform, which requires pixel perfect hit. When you run, your speed is 3, when you jump, your speed slowers down (as everyone here should know) and is momentarily  2.

eg your starting point is 0, you dont jump at all, and door is at right position, you can do the jump, because pixels match.  If you jump even once, it slows you down, and moves pixels 1 pixel to left, and makes you fail every time. Same with moving door. These things alter the pixel coordinates in which your character can move.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blades, jump, saw, gap, dungeon, layout, base, door, position, timing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users