243 replies to this topic

#41 Betonblok

Betonblok

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

the fast fall you are talking about in your last base. Is it the glitch that you have to die first in order to make it past a trap?

#42 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

the fast fall you are talking about in your last base. Is it the glitch that you have to die first in order to make it past a trap?

I'm guessing you are referring to #21 and not number #18 (also uses fast fall start).

Yes, you have to die right at the beginning of your jump in order to activate fast fall on the next try.

#43 naman

naman

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

I am sorry i spammed but i was wondering how does this glitch of your base 21 works because i have read the four but i can not understand. Also i would like to know how i can apply it to my base i currentlyhave the base you have in number 7

#44 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:13 PM

I am sorry i spammed but i was wondering how does this glitch of your base 21 works because i have read the four but i can not understand. Also i would like to know how i can apply it to my base i currentlyhave the base you have in number 7

There are details listed in these two threads about the fast fall start:

http://forum.kingoft...istent-spinner/

http://forum.kingoft...istency-glitch/

#7 was built on the old physics. For the new physics, #9 in that layout will still work. I would suggest using the setup in #14 though and see how that works.

#45 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

Added #22

#46 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:38 AM

Added #23

#47 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

Added #24

#48 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

Added #25

#49 E2LYO

E2LYO

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

#7 and #8 both require a a low wall jump which was removed, so they can no longer be saved. However, #9 can be saved with the new physics.

When looking for dungeons, try not to focus on one particular layout. Try to focus on the trap positions and shapes of the terrain they protect.

You'll notice that #14 has a great spinner position that your layout can allow. (even if i used it in a different layout, the shape of the path needed still follows the same course). I'd suggest looking at the traps you have and searching for good individual positions that are strong in the bends and turns within your layout.

Also, let me know what you end up doing for your layout and if you used any of the positions I used.

I ended up doing a completly different layout that kinda worked but I moved and didn't take any screenshot sorry^^.

Now I am in the base you use in #21. I find your layout quite interessting and tried it out but I'm having an issue.

I am training to do it without the saw jump to master the fall 'glitch'

FVsdi4Vl.png

I get how to fall glitch for the first try but everytime I reach the chest, even if I walljump at the very last second (as in the screenshot below), I die to the bullet in the next try and  can't make it twice. Do you have any advice?

1QmDd79l.png

Edited by E2LYO, 27 April 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#50 superNaser

superNaser

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

Awesome work! :)
To be honest still didn't get a base with a similar design, but I'm sure it would be very interesting trying out this layouts. ;)

#51 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Added #26

#52 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Now I am in the base you use in #21. I find your layout quite interessting and tried it out but I'm having an issue.

I am training to do it without the saw jump to master the fall 'glitch'

img

I get how to fall glitch for the first try but everytime I reach the chest, even if I walljump at the very last second (as in the screenshot below), I die to the bullet in the next try and  can't make it twice. Do you have any advice?

img

Yes saving it is pretty tough, but you have the right idea. Just adjust your timing on the dive jump so that you can barely make the wall jump. Your bottom image shows that you are jumping too late. Jump a little earlier. If you hit the chest then you are too early. Adjust accordingly.

Here's a tip: Cycle through the background details by going back and forth between save mode and edit mode until you get some graphic on the platform you are jumping from. It will help you time where exactly to jump by judging the distance you start your jump from the graphic.

#53 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Awesome work! :)
To be honest still didn't get a base with a similar design, but I'm sure it would be very interesting trying out this layouts. ;)

Hi superNaser, thanks for the compliment.

You don't have to have a similar layout to use the trap positions that I'm sharing.

Most of the trap positions I post are strong on their own and can be placed in many different layouts. All you need is a similar corner, elbow, or column and you can mix and match strong positions. If your current layout has long rows, check out my layouts that have long rows and one trap that is the same as yours. Test it out that one trap by itself to see if it suits you.

Check out my signature for "Dungeon Creation 101" that gives you tips on finding new positions and testing individual traps before combining them.

Let me know if you end up using any of the positions.

#54 superNaser

superNaser

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

You're just amazing! Thanks for the valuable tips. ;)
I've actually red too the "Dungeon Creation 101" and it was helpful, but didn't try around as you said with similar trap positions, which I'm looking forward to now. :D
I'm sure there will be a couple of frustrating combinations for the raiders once I shuffle around the trap positions you posted and some imagination.

I'll keep you posted once there is something worthy. :)

#55 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

You're just amazing! Thanks for the valuable tips. ;)
I've actually red too the "Dungeon Creation 101" and it was helpful, but didn't try around as you said with similar trap positions, which I'm looking forward to now. :D
I'm sure there will be a couple of frustrating combinations for the raiders once I shuffle around the trap positions you posted and some imagination.

I'll keep you posted once there is something worthy. :)

I usually jot down if a position is great or decent or only in a support role and whether they can be trouble on their own or not.

Let me know what you come up with =)

#56 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

updated #26

#57 Sorry Dude

Sorry Dude

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hey Cylence, I'd like to thank you for sharing your dungeons with the community, and specialy for helping me with the set of traps that you came up with in #15. That's pretty good and help me a lot when i get one of the cursed dungeons hahahahahahha. Also, I would like you ask if you could test this trap positioning of the blue guard and maybe give me some advice for the green canon. I believe that you can replicate it with your current dungeon (assuming that you're still using the #26).

Thanks

kRXH2d0.jpg

izBFHC2.png

Brazucas Way #4 (03/15/2017)

#58 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hey Cylence, I'd like to thank you for sharing your dungeons with the community, and specialy for helping me with the set of traps that you came up with in #15. That's pretty good and help me a lot when i get one of the cursed dungeons hahahahahahha. Also, I would like you ask if you could test this trap positioning of the blue guard and maybe give me some advice for the green canon. I believe that you can replicate it with your current dungeon (assuming that you're still using the #26).

Thanks

img

#15 was a tough layout. Yours has multiple paths as well.

I've played around with your spinner positions and both of them force the same fast start jump into a second jump on the corner. Should confuse and stop people who don't think to do a double tap for a fast start jump before jumping off the corner.

The homing cannon placement seems like it only punishes a bad fast start jump but is rather easy to avoid on its own. Because of the openness of the layout, it is a difficult to find a good place for the homing cannon.

1. First: I would think about is where to place the totem to minimize the path. Except for the lower right corner and lower left corner, every position can be reached through multiple paths. Even those lower corners don't feel dependable. I'd test out placing the door in the middle the leftmost column and placing the homing cannon below it forcing a juggle to descend or an escape out the top. Then I'd place the spinners to hopefully cover the escape route from the homing cannon, but still have enough arc to cover the lower corner (where the totem would be). I don't think there's a good position, but I would have fun experimenting.
  2. Second, (if above didn't work): I'd limit the start of the path by strategically placing the door. The longest forced path is the bottom middle row (6 units wide). I'd position the spinners and homing cannon to protect the right elbow at the end of the path forcing the thief into a hard jump.
  3. Third, (if the above two fail): I would try to make fast fall start setup (either along the right most column or sliding off any of the blocks) and see if the homing cannon can be placed along side the spinners forcing the fast fall.
  4. Fourth, (last resort and image provided below): I'd create a simple fast start jump into second delayed jump setup (hard for those who don't know, but incredibly easy for those that do). I'd only use this if there was really nothing better. (spinner pivot is 6 units south)

rDlGNNfl.jpg?1

Edit: Also, check out #9. The setup can be adapted to work in that center bottom row as well.

Edited by Cylence, 28 April 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#59 Sorry Dude

Sorry Dude

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

#15 was a tough layout. Yours has multiple paths as well.

I've played around with your spinner positions and both of them force the same fast start jump into a second jump on the corner. Should confuse and stop people who don't think to do a double tap for a fast start jump before jumping off the corner.

The homing cannon placement seems like it only punishes a bad fast start jump but is rather easy to avoid on its own. Because of the openness of the layout, it is a difficult to find a good place for the homing cannon.

1. First: I would think about is where to place the totem to minimize the path. Except for the lower right corner and lower left corner, every position can be reached through multiple paths. Even those lower corners don't feel dependable. I'd test out placing the door in the middle the leftmost column and placing the homing cannon below it forcing a juggle to descend or an escape out the top. Then I'd place the spinners to hopefully cover the escape route from the homing cannon, but still have enough arc to cover the lower corner (where the totem would be). I don't think there's a good position, but I would have fun experimenting.
  2. Second, (if above didn't work): I'd limit the start of the path by strategically placing the door. The longest forced path is the bottom middle row (6 units wide). I'd position the spinners and homing cannon to protect the right elbow at the end of the path forcing the thief into a hard jump.
  3. Third, (if the above two fail): I would try to make fast fall start setup (either along the right most column or sliding off any of the blocks) and see if the homing cannon can be placed along side the spinners forcing the fast fall.
  4. Fourth, (last resort and image provided below): I'd create a simple fast start jump into second delayed jump setup (hard for those who don't know, but incredibly easy for those that do). I'd only use this if there was really nothing better. (spinner pivot is 6 units south

Edit: Also, check out #9. The setup can be adapted to work in that center bottom row as well.

Thank you man, I'll try to follow your advice. hahahahahah

I'm trying #9 but isn't it too easy after the homing cannon is disabled?

Edited by GringoTranzao, 28 April 2015 - 08:02 PM.

izBFHC2.png

Brazucas Way #4 (03/15/2017)

#60 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Thank you man, I'll try to follow your advice. hahahahahah

I'm trying #9 but isn't it too easy after the homing cannon is disabled?

In my experience, the first spinner is the one that gets 7 death disabled as most people have trouble consistently dodging it. The second spinner usually nabs 2-3 kills but is fairly easy to figure out. That leaves the homing cannon for last which (depending on the thief) can be hard if they don't understand the timing to jump through homing cannons. #9 had the extra benefit of the followup staircase leading back into the spinners, so it definitely worked better in that layout, however, you can try it out in your layout and see how it does in yours.

Hopefully you can find a better place for the homing cannon in your layout. If you can, let me know =).

If you can't, then maybe you can find better places for the spinners that work well with the homing cannon and on it's own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users