Photo

A few ideas with interractions within the dungeons.

suggestion idea interaction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zivex

Zivex

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

I was thinking that the objects in the dungeons such as the chains, bats, cauldrons, etc, would have some sort of interaction when going past them.

Like with the chains you could grab on them and swing forward, perhaps increasing your speed while doing so or lunging you forward.

With the cauldrons you could hop on them and jump as they swing forward and be the same with the lunge. Or perhaps your thief could knock them over and spill some of that boiling lava down on the floor.

Maybe the bats could be pesky and disorient you or slow you down a bit. And you'd have your thief closing his eyes and have his tiny arms swinging about his head trying to get the bat off of him.

Perhaps you could get some cobwebs on your little thief as you walk through them and have him pull them off.

The torch could get some fire on you that would burn you for a tiny bit of damage, say 2 or 3 damage as you walk past it and have the tiny thief flail his arms around him trying to put it off. Or it could be a "fwoosh" interaction type that it could possibly extinguish the torch as you walk past it.

Perhaps your thief could get scared of a mice and jump back a bit when he has one right in front of him.

The  last one might not be that great or maybe none would do so well or be implemented, but i think there are great possibilities with those things around the dungeon that you could actually have your thief do something with them if you walk past them.

Edit: I'm talking about those things you find in the dungeons you raid.

Edited by Zivex, 21 August 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#2 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSimply walking into Mordor, while using the Force to blast my way through hordes of daleks, While riding my hoverboard and wearing self-tying sneakers.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

This would be funny, but annoying. But there should be an animation when the thief walks by a bat (waving his arms) it'd do nothing, just look funny.

J10pgLz.gif

Proud leader of Astral Thieves

What Kind of thief are you?

#3 Zivex

Zivex

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yea is what i'm saying. There should be animations for these stuff i said.

But i mean, it doesn't have to be any downside or upside to anything at all, just the animations by themselves would be nice. Though maybe the upsides or downsides would add a bit more.. depth to using those things or interacting with these things in the dungeon.

#4 Zivex

Zivex

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

There could also be an option to have those animations/interactions turned off for those that would find them annoying, i guess.

#5 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

Grandmaster of the thieving ninjas

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationA dark hellhole from where only the most brave may steal. A place where both the dead and the living hunt you and greed consumes us all. where demons run and good men go to war while I steal and steal whats dearest to people rich and poor, sad and glad, old and young. This is where o go to work every day,day after day,time after time eternity after eternity

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

Not grave diving over here but as long as they don't affect gameplay but just remain funny it's a great idea
b3lcpMw.gif

#6 The Curliest Fry

The Curliest Fry

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

Great idea, but if they physically alter you in any way, it wouldn't work. Those mice and leaves are random each time you go through the base, so it might be in one area for you, but a totally different one for someone else, making your dungeon easy/impossible. Love the thought of it just being aesthetic though. Sounds funny and interesting

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, idea, interaction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users