Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

Read this spoiler if it's your first time here:

Spoiler

Dungeons by Cylence (1-50)

Dungeons #51-60 (Version 2.4 starts at #51, Version 2.5 starts at #55)

Dungeons #61-70 (Version 2.6 starts at #61)

Edited by Cylence, 03 October 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#2 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Version 2.4 after this point

AWDiMILl.jpg
I started testing ricochet by checking to see if there was any strong individual positions using the elbow, column, and dead end. Unfortunately, I only found easy or impassable positions. I'm probably overlooking and haven't put in enough practice, but hopefully, I'll figure out a good one in the future. I also tried reproducing the sped up ricochet but couldn't figure that out either. I had to settle for creating support positions. This layout isn't a great layout but it does okay with any two traps together. Since I did this awhile ago, and tested a bunch of different trap positions, I can't quite remember the solution, but it involves a double low wall jump and timing up the column.

hoBt4sOl.jpg
Note: There is a Ricochet under the Spinner pointing southwest. I've been wanting to use this spinner position for awhile (I was talking to Thanh about it back in May). It bascially just forces a tight jump from the start. It doesn't work well with other strong positions so I haven't used it at all. However, since the other two traps don't have great individual positions, I used it here while upgrading my ricochet. Although, it's weak to gang of thieves since the last thief out the door usually survives. The homing cannon and ricochet were put together to create a timing to get to the totem although its not too hard. I also tried out positioning the homing cannon in the corner of the elbow along with the ricochet bouncing back and forth in the corner, but felt it was easier to time. The spinner nets most of the kills with the homing cannon and ricochet adding a few more as they get the timing down. Full solution: delayed start jump into ceiling bounce. Time the jump past the ricochet and fall into the left column. Dodge the homing cannon while waiting for an opening to make it to the totem.

WqstCy5l.jpg
This is a reimplementation of #40. Homing cannon is placed in the regular homing cannon jump six units from the door and will stop anyone who can't perform that jump. The spinner is placed to make the approaching the elbow very dangerous by forcing a tight wall jump. This wall jump is easier to perform the earlier to get to the right side. The homing cannon forces two jumps that slows you down and makes the spinner a lot harder. I could have positioned the regular cannon to protect the elbow and climb, however I wanted to try something different. I wanted to make sure the thief always had to jump twice despite if the homing cannon got disabled. This position not only forces two jumps, but it also makes avoiding the homing cannon even harder. Full Solution: first jump will need to be taken just as the homing cannon is about to hit you. This is needed so you can clear the regular cannon's bullet. After that standard homing jump and then a properly timed jump to get in front and rebound over the spinner.

U1CYWa8l.jpg
I wanted to play around with the spinner position (that forces the wall jump) more to see if there's other ways to support it. I came up with this layout. The homing cannon timing forces you to hit the wall and rebound at a certain time or else you'll get hit by a bullet. Combined with the spinner, it makes a decently tight ascend. The second spinner is the same position from #27. It has a weakness against gang of thieves, however the left over ones it doesn't catch should be caught by the first spinner towards the elbow. The second spinner should be the one to soak up the 7 death disable as it's pretty hard to time. The homing cannon even helps out with that forcing twitchy thieves to jump too early. Since this only forces one jump, the first spinner is easier to pass if the homing cannon gets disabled. Full Solution: timing jump to pass the first spinner, then a timing jump to the right wall and ascend up the column, followed by consecutive wall jumps. If you delay at all, the second spinner will get you on the way back.

Version 2.5 after this point

JzQM8Tml.jpg
My first layout with a gravity switch. This dungeon along with most layouts with a gravity switch can be strong because, just like platform dungeons, most of them have pits. This layout has 2 pits right side up and 1 pit upside down. The first thing to test is how to use those pits effectively by placing the grav switch in such a way that incorrect jumps lead to landing in a pit. I found 3 different placements of the grav switch that would allow this. This is the hardest of the 3. It forces a hard ceiling jump to reach the totem. I set the regular cannon to force the timing to be quicker. You can't wait till you hit the right wall and must trigger the grav switch before you get there. The red guard is also placed in the same way, but it's not as obvious. If you are slow, it'll catch you on the way back. I originally wanted to force a hard jump between corner of the grav switch and the red guard, however there was no route that forced a difficult jump. The seeker bird has the strongest position here, your first jump over the bird requires you to get really close to the grav switch, or else you won't have enough room to rebound off the wall to do the ceiling jump. I was afraid that this door position might be weak to gang of thieves, but after seeing a few runs with gang of thieves, I can confirm that it is fine. Full Solution: Jump over seeker bird so that you graze the grav switch, then make a second jump triggering the grav switch, then time a ceiling jump to reach the totem.

bNBduv9l.jpg
This is the second grav switch position that protects the totem and forces a precise dive jump to avoid activating the grav switch or missing the totem (both mistakes leading to a pit death). The third and last grav switch position is one unit to the left and forces a long jump to activate. While it is also a good option, I feel that this position is a harder and less common jump. Anyone doing a long jump knows that the edge of the terrain is the timing needed. With this position, it's somewhere in the middle and they will have to figure out exactly where that is. The red guard is positioned to defend this jump by making the window to make the jump safely very small. The reg cannon does the same thing but it isn't as good as the red guard. I have considered placing the red guard to the right of the door to make the timing harder, and it is still a viable option The seeker bird does pretty well here by bothering the thief's timing. The pit on the right limits the options to dodge the seeker bird. Full solution: Jump over the seeker bird and slide a bit along the right wall, wall jump to return near the door and then time a jump the totem. This may be weaker to gang of thieves since there is a greater chance to make the specific jump to the totem but I haven't seen it done in practice. Also, the alternate trap set replaces a homing cannon for the seeker bird. I believe that the seeker bird does a better job of forcing timing than the homing cannon can.

glkUZKkl.jpg
Best totem location is somewhere that is only accessible from the upper row. This position requires a dive jump and will force any thief who just run off the cliffs to miss the totem. The totem one unit to the right is also a good location since it forces the thief to go all the way left and come back before they get a shot at the totem. Both the red guard and the cannon work with the door position to force a perfect low wall double jump against the right elbow. This forces the thief to come back and face the two traps again with a very far timing. The red guard provides support to the ricochet timing, making the wall jump a bit more dangerous. The reg cannon don't help as much but tends to be the 7 death disable. I could have placed the ricochet to help support the red guard and cannon to protect the climb up, but I decided on a position that is okay by itself as well. It creates a path that has a small window to get up, and takes about 3-6 tries if you are methodically adjusting the timing. I have a feeling that the red guard and cannon may be weak to gang of thieves, since that last thief might have time to do slow jumps and get over the two traps. The long timing also will discourage skull buildup, but I don't care much about coins anyway. Full solution: low wall double jump, wait on the left wall quite a bit before (about 7 shots of the cannon will come out while you are there), then start moving right (jump along wall, then wall jump) toward the elbow, Jump over the red guard then rebound all the way up to the lower box. If your timing is correct, you should be able to continue to the left and jump near the edge of the box and wall jump. You should land on the lower part of the wall to the upper right, depending on the timing, either delay or don't, to jump over the ricochet. I usually head all the way left before performing the dive jump to make sure I don't miss the totem.

V2XMxGOl.jpg
This is the alternate trap set and is very similar to #57. Both reg cannon and spinner provide the same low wall double jump and return climb as #57. The spinner provides extra support when facing the ricochet and also can catch the dive jump to the totem. The reg cannon low wall double jump isn't as tight, however, this reg cannon provides extra support here when timing the ricochet. I modified the ricochet a little bit just for a change. This one requires the thief to jump over ricochet on the first jump and may have a slightly larger window than the one in #57. I'm guessing 2-5 tries to get the timing down. For both #57 and #58, you can adjust the timing of them with the other traps by just moving it diagonally by one unit. This configuration should not have the same weakness to gang of thieves since the door is to the elbow. Full Solution: perfect low wall double jump, long wait on left wall, start moving back to the climb up the column, the last jump will either require a slight delay or a quick jump depending on the timing to get under or over the spinner's return. You should be able to jump over the ricochet as its heading south west and race it up the wall. Head all the way left and make sure the spinner doesn't catch you when you return right to do the dive jump to the totem. I'm not sure which one I like better between #57 and #58. I like the spinner's triple duty here but don't like the looseness of the reg cannon in comparison. If you guys try both of them out, let me know which one you feel is better.

1BiNCzkl.jpg
 I like this totem position since it's the only one that forces a decent jump. Both sides of the dungeon have a center climb with a fork that could be used as well. I testing out ricochet first to see if I could find a good individual spot for it. I found 2 that can protect that totem jump decently, however, it doesn't work with the door position (the good position is 1 unit right of the ricochet, pointing southwest, or 2 units right and 1 unit up, pointing southwest). This position is similar but is easier to by pass through the right column. However this position works with the door better. The seeker bird the best trap here and is the same as in #48. The reg cannon just plays support here, by defending the corner jump required for the totem. Overall this layout isn't that great, but It still performed ok. Seeker bird is the 7 death disable, and they take at least 3 tries to figure out the totem jump timing. Full Solution: slide down the wall and wall jump when you hit the bottom corner, delay as long as you can to set up the timing, then climb up the column and go right. if the timing is good, you should be able to jump off the edge and wall jump to the totem.

v56NFvRl.jpg
The alternate trap set for this layout was reg cannon, spinner, seeker bird. The spinner and seeker bird didn't work too well together here because only 1 would protect the door and the other was hard to place in a great support position, so I just went with an alternate placement with the cheaper set again. Tried out the totem on the left side and decided to clog up the column with traps. The seeker bird and door combo isn't as hard as #59 but it still takes some timing. The cannon and ricochet both make the column climb hard as well. Full Solution: slide down to the corner, wall jump under the seeker bird and do another wall jump over the seeker bird with will send you to the right. Bounce back and forth and then time your column climb. You'll want to come in and jump over the ricochet. After that it should be an easy time to the totem.

Edited by Cylence, 22 September 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#3 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Version 2.6 after this point

MgLCBl3l.jpg
Repeat layout. Was finally able to combine spinner #14 with the red guard of #12. Check out those descriptions for placement details. Hardest part is returning from the left side to climb the column. There's only one small window where you wall jump off the right wall underneath a homing cannon bullet that just fired, then you rebound off before the red guard comes down on you, and then you rebound again before the second homing cannon shot gets you and as you land the blue guard will pass under you almost killing you. Key points I had to look for was: 1. when on the left side, as soon as you hit the wall, the next time the homing cannon fires, do a max jump then wall jump. Then when you get to the upper level. You'll need to jump to avoid the spinners return which will cause the homing cannon to shoot up. It's next shot will go towards you as you are chilling on the left wall. As soon as it reaches the right side of a "graphic column" (2nd from the left). Do a max jump then wall jump to set up the totem attempt. Have fun with the timing =)

vLq1EArl.jpg
This is what I first thought of when I looked at the traps. Saw in normal edge position, homing cannon in a support role protecting the climb. Seeker bird forces a low wall double jump and also makes the climb harder. Full Solution, low wall double jump and head left. Hang out to time your ascent. You want to be able to lure the seeker bird closer to you on the right wall and also set up a homing cannon jump at the top of the column when you attempt to bypass the saw with a ceiling bounce to corner jump. You should be able to do it in continuous jumps if you timed it correctly.

c4lm9xUl.jpg
Wanted to play with something different. Note that my actual totem placement is 2 units to the left inside the alcove. It makes dodging the seeker bird a little more dangerous in the end. The saw placement in #62 is pretty common, so I wanted to do a less common placement. I also wanted to mess around with the seeker bird and it's interaction with the saw. So I came up with this placement. In order to survive, you need to be able to control the seeker bird's movement. The saw is still in a decent position but it's not that difficult to pass on its own. The homing cannon position works well with the saw making that elbow very dangerous. The saw limits your timing window to avoid the homing cannon and prevents jumping through the homing cannon. This layout did pretty decent, however it can suffer against pots. Both the homing cannon and the bird are already disadvantaged vs gang of thieves. All in all, this still did pretty decent in defending and was something new. Full Solution: jump onto the wall and slide down then rebound when you hit the corner. if you jump too early, the seeker bird will move to the left side of the saw and kill you. if you jump to late, the seeker bird will kill you as slide down the wall. if you jump at the right time, the seeker bird will pause a bit on the saw and then go to the right side and you'll be able to go underneath it. As you move left you'll want to return rather fast as timing the homing cannon doesn't require too much waiting. You need to jump on the wall again, with a slight slide, then wall jump under and then over the saw. If you timed it right, you'll be jumping towards the right wall underneath the first homing cannon shot, do a wall jump left, then another wall jump right, and as you pass the saw the homing cannon will shoot and barely miss you. Climb up the stairs and just run off into the column. Slide down and make sure to jump under the bird to the totem.

3vhkisMl.jpg
I've had this layout before (#42) and I got lazy on it. I was not as lazy this time. In-line saw is the best position here of course. The red guard and reg cannon work together here to create a tough climb. When one goes down, the surviving trap will be trivial. There's not many great individual spots for the reg cannon and red guard, so I just put them together to create something hard enough to take the 7 death disable. Full Solution: fall, when you hit the ground, split second wait then jump up, slide down and time the jump between bullet and red guard, and wall jump all the way up quickly. Hang out in the column (second from the right) and time a jump to the right wall then rebound back for the inline saw jump and just fall to the totem. This should be good vs gang, but weak vs disable trap.

OTDoqmal.jpg
Ended up rolling the same layout. Fortunately, this one came with a different trap set. These traps are set exactly like #37. This was my quick save while I worked on a harder positioning. Refer to #37 for details.

WnUUgGhl.jpg
Saw is placed at an inline position. The seeker bird is pretty strong on it's own as well. The homing cannon is only in a support position and only supporting the saw. I initially put it supporting the seeker bird, however, the bird gets seven death disabled most of the time. This means it'll get more value working to protect the saw. Full Solution: Slide to ground, jump up and wall jump under the bird, climb up the column fairly slowly, then fall into the 3rd column from the left to set up the saw jump and timing the homing cannon. I used the background ice blocks for reference. You'll want to start jumping right around the bottom tip of the frosting of the second block from the ground. Climb the column, saw jump, and then fall to the totem.

Edited by Cylence, 24 October 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#4 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 3

#5 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

reserved 4

#6 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 5

#7 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 6

#8 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 7

#9 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 8

#10 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 9

#11 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

reserved 10

#12 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

Added #55, #56

#13 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

Added #57 and #58

#14 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

Added #59 and #60

#15 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Added #61

#16 berndt_toast

berndt_toast

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

I like your #61. Here was one I did that is very similar and just as hard, if not harder.

c4v2DFG.png

Posted Image

Come check out my KoT Technique and Dungeon Videos on YouTube and vid.me

Join my Facebook group or my Telegram channel to get video updates.

You can also find me on Telegram

#17 Trabantt

Trabantt

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIn the disable trap-potion factory of the guild oWn.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

It's harder because the spinner. Also with the second pack of traps (the one with 2 spinners) and the other spinner placed in the exact same spot as the first one would be the killing dungeon.

Me is awesome, me has gems, me has money, me has good traps...

Me loves forums, me loves games, me loves funny stuff...

Me loves King Of Thieves!

#18 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

I like your #61. Here was one I did that is very similar and just as hard, if not harder.

(img here)

While both our spinner positions harass the thief right out of the door, I believe that my spinner puts more pressure in more places.

• It forces the theif left (instead of giving him a chance to climb on the first jump), causing the thief to come back and time the column climb
  • It protects the upper half of the column's left wall making the climb harder
  • It attacks the upper row, which changes the totem approach from the left.

It's harder because the spinner. Also with the second pack of traps (the one with 2 spinners) and the other spinner placed in the exact same spot as the first one would be the killing dungeon.

I'm not sure what "It" refers to (my spinner location or berndt_toast's). If it is mine, then check out #14. Its the dungeon where I first put the position in use and used the alternate trap position with 2 spinners.

#19 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

Added #62, #63, #64.

#20 Shmoar

Shmoar

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

First of all, thanks for great thread! When I can repeat your base, I just lean back and ritual great gems)

Now I'm trying #64 and have issues with saw: not sure how and when run/jump/slide to maintain necessary speed for inline jump.

Will appreciate any text or picture advice!

*3-starred your base*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users