35 replies to this topic

#21 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

Now I'm trying #64 and have issues with saw: not sure how and when run/jump/slide to maintain necessary speed for inline jump.
Will appreciate any text or picture advice!

Try searching for inline, in-line, joker, April, edge, + saw jump. You should find more help than I can give you on this jump. But basically some door positions set you up for it, and when it doesn't, you have to align yourself using a wall jump off on an opposite wall and that spot can vary depending on where your saw is. Good luck.

#22 Shmoar

Shmoar

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

Try searching for inline, in-line, joker, April, edge, + saw jump. You should find more help than I can give you on this jump. But basically some door positions set you up for it, and when it doesn't, you have to align yourself using a wall jump off on an opposite wall and that spot can vary depending on where your saw is. Good luck.

Ye, I've managed joker jump in some different way - like on video
As you said - door makes this case very easy.

But I'm trying to repeat your #64 exactly and saw just doesnt surrende to me, thats why I was asking for tips of your particular case.

*3-starred your base*

#23 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:32 PM

This was my tip.

All you have to do is the legwork and find the spot.

#24 SolotriX

SolotriX

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

This thread is very good for people looking for layouts to protect gems! Well done!

#25 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

This thread is very good for people looking for layouts to protect gems! Well done!

Thanks for the compliment.

Dont forget that it's not just layouts, it's good individual positioning as well that you can mix and match.

#26 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

Added #65 and #66

#27 GrandThief

GrandThief

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:34 AM

Now I'm trying #64 and have issues with saw: not sure how and when run/jump/slide to maintain necessary speed for inline jump.
Will appreciate any text or picture advice!

Same here. I've done this saw gap jump before on other bases but I just can't find the right spot to jump off the wall in this layout #64. Is there any drawing or solution video to this layout where the saw is placed in middle column like this? :)

#28 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2933 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

Not my video, credit goes to Daniel Oliveira, who I know it's a Ladinos guy but I'm not sure if he's in the forums nor know his IGN :P I'm sure this video will help you

Spoiler

#29 GrandThief

GrandThief

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

That helped to know the spot. I realized it's the same video as above but I didn't see it and thought it's another one. lol

Thanks! :)

#30 Super_Doodles

Super_Doodles

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIn my room solving a rubiks cube.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

For your base #61, it's possible  to go to left on the bottom and time your jumps correctly to climb the right column and avoid the top left entirely. I've done it once and im trying to figure out the timing again.

Steal ALL the things! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#31 Cylence

Cylence

Dungeon Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

For your base #61, it's possible  to go to left on the bottom and time your jumps correctly to climb the right column and avoid the top left entirely. I've done it once and im trying to figure out the timing again.

Nice. I figured it might be possible. Good job finding the window. =)

#32 Nytmair

Nytmair

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

1BiNCzkl.jpg
 I like this totem position since it's the only one that forces a decent jump. Both sides of the dungeon have a center climb with a fork that could be used as well. I testing out ricochet first to see if I could find a good individual spot for it. I found 2 that can protect that totem jump decently, however, it doesn't work with the door position (the good position is 1 unit right of the ricochet, pointing southwest, or 2 units right and 1 unit up, pointing southwest). This position is similar but is easier to by pass through the right column. However this position works with the door better. The seeker bird the best trap here and is the same as in #48. The reg cannon just plays support here, by defending the corner jump required for the totem. Overall this layout isn't that great, but It still performed ok. Seeker bird is the 7 death disable, and they take at least 3 tries to figure out the totem jump timing. Full Solution: slide down the wall and wall jump when you hit the bottom corner, delay as long as you can to set up the timing, then climb up the column and go right. if the timing is good, you should be able to jump off the edge and wall jump to the totem.

I'm trying to save this base and it's so hard. I have tried all sorts of timing at the bottom of the base before climbing up but always need the perfect ending jump. Any other tips for timing things to make it easier?

#33 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

I don't think Cylence is active anymore.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#34 Nytmair

Nytmair

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

I don't think Cylence is active anymore.

Darn... Thanks for the heads up!

#35 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

He was a great guy. I used to be in his guild and I don't think I'd've been in the position I am now without him. He has not been online in the forum since the 1st :(
This thread, and the 1-50 one and the dungeon creation 101 thread is probably the best advice you are going to get out of him now, and they are all a bit out of date.

Edited by King of Eterity, 29 January 2016 - 08:06 PM.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#36 Nytmair

Nytmair

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

Sad times... I just found this forum recently and this thread made me sign up to post. Def great info here!

P.S. I finally managed to save that base. Dear lord it was hard to get it 2x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users