• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

Grandmaster of the thieving ninjas

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationA dark hellhole from where only the most brave may steal. A place where both the dead and the living hunt you and greed consumes us all. where demons run and good men go to war while I steal and steal whats dearest to people rich and poor, sad and glad, old and young. This is where o go to work every day,day after day,time after time eternity after eternity

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

So I had an idea(or maybe it was mention somewhere in the depths of this forum not so sure) that we could bring back all the jumps (except super jump) and have in game tutorials for it! Infact why just jumps why Not slides, stunts(stunts won't have any game play change but will look cool!) the possibilities when you actually have the game teach you its secrets is endless
b3lcpMw.gif

#2 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2919 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

It was mentioned when the discussions about the jumps were on, but now that they removed I really doubt they will bring them back, that would require another change of physics, removal of some current jumps, risk of bugs, among other things.

#3 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

Bad idea in my opinion, I didn't like these jumps as they got repetitive and were not fun to perform. 

I'd rather have zepto allow more customization to promote unique bases (in terms of traps) than bring back these relics. 

WFJazc5.gif

#4 NoNameJustGame

NoNameJustGame

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

The spawn jump wasn't a glitch, it was simply playing the game like your soppose to but tapping faster.., sj on the other hand was a glitch, and I could see why they removed this, but tst? They ripped out a piece of my heart and shoved it right up the kot uprights. .

#5 NoNameJustGame

NoNameJustGame

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

Bad idea in my opinion, I didn't like these jumps as they got repetitive and were not fun to perform.
I'd rather have zepto allow more customization to promote unique bases (in terms of traps) than bring back these relics.

You just think they weren't fun to preform because you couldn't do them, you know how much easy gems and easy gold there was out there with slo-mo? Even my 8 year old brother had a tst and sj he saved his self after he practiced for an hour or 2.

#6 Nailstrom

Nailstrom

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSimply walking into Mordor, while using the Force to blast my way through hordes of daleks, While riding my hoverboard and wearing self-tying sneakers.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

those jumps might've been fun, but not to most newbies. It'd just be another way to camp (which will be removed soon!).

J10pgLz.gif

Proud leader of Astral Thieves

What Kind of thief are you?

#7 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

You just think they weren't fun to preform because you couldn't do them, you know how much easy gems and easy gold there was out there with slo-mo? Even my 8 year old brother had a tst and sj he saved his self after he practiced for an hour or 2.

I knew how to do them but when 40% bases have a TST, 40% have a pre-made layout with a SJ and the remaining ones were kinda original, I didn't find raiding as fun as it currently is.

This game should not be about how to perform certain jumps and place them in a layout, it should be about designing your own base having hard traps to avoid. 

WFJazc5.gif

#8 hamizan98

hamizan98

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Just put jumps that will not abuse.. Tst,sj are just abusing.. It is becoming repetitive...

#9 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationA dark hellhole from where only the most brave may steal. A place where both the dead and the living hunt you and greed consumes us all. where demons run and good men go to war while I steal and steal whats dearest to people rich and poor, sad and glad, old and young. This is where o go to work every day,day after day,time after time eternity after eternity

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

They made the game so that is required skills, other than the op and abusive jumps, complicated jumps and stunts could be useful
b3lcpMw.gif

#10 Steal Master

Steal Master

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

Well you can read my post with the title "In-game trap mechanism unlock: a good way to bring the old jumps back!". I have got one more feature in my mind to add in that post that will make the use of those jumps even more fairer. I will add this feature in that post if you would like to know about it.

Edited by Steal Master, 10 September 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#11 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Well you can read my post with the title "In-game trap mechanism unlock: a good way to bring the old jumps back!". I have got one more feature in my mind to add in that post that will make the use of those jumps even more fairer. I will add this feature in that post if you would like to know about it.

How would you like to make a tutorial for TST? It only involves spamming your buttons hoping to pass it, and is horrible on lower ends phones

WFJazc5.gif

#12 Steal Master

Steal Master

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

1.Well I haven't said anything about making tutorials about the jumps in that post.
2. If not tutorial, then maybe we can give instructions and basic tips for each jump in the form of 'text' and 'images' or even 'videos'.

Edited by Steal Master, 10 September 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#13 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2132 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

Bring back the flash jump!
True forumers will know :)

#14 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Erm, flash jump still works as far as I'm concerned
(assuming you are talking about this one )

Edited by Anyny0, 10 September 2015 - 10:36 PM.

WFJazc5.gif

#15 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

If there were Ingame tutorials for all jumps and stunts everyone would be able to do it with practice. The game would have actual pros. We could leave the op/abusive jumps out tho
b3lcpMw.gif

#16 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

If there were Ingame tutorials for all jumps and stunts everyone would be able to do it with practice. The game would have actual pros. We could leave the op/abusive jumps out tho

Problem is all of the removed jumps were considered overpowered and abusive, which is why I prefer the current gravity. 

WFJazc5.gif

#17 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

How?
b3lcpMw.gif

#18 Anyny0

Anyny0

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

How?

Super jump could require a pixel perfect jump to get at the desired height without dying, and the super saw jump was only impossible to do without dying at least 100 times. 

TST is TST, performing badly on lower end devices and being way too repetitive and annoying to be actually implemented once again. 

I'd even be willing to remove the current inline jump as it has the same disadvantages as the previous one, requiring a pixel perfect path. 

WFJazc5.gif

#19 DC Shadow ninja

DC Shadow ninja

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Ok... Other than super jumps, aren't pixel perfect paths the points? A proof of skill? Plus they could alter jumps a bit changing midair time, angle and trajectory of various jumps trough midair backflips, front flips ect
b3lcpMw.gif

#20 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2132 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Erm, flash jump still works as far as I'm concerned
(assuming you are talking about this one )

nope, not that one :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jumps, Tactics, Idea, Skill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users