#1 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:02 AM

Hello fellow thieves,

We are an active guild of 25 players (less if we are recruiting), when everything is fine. So, if you see this on the hot page, we are currently recruiting.

Our only goal is to be reliable to each other and to be a solid team. We fight to win the season rewards. Only players who actively play their part and on whom we can rely on will be accepted/remain in the team.
We have a few rules :

- Making delta each period is compulsory.

Should a player fail to fulfill those requirements, his/her fate would be decided upon his or her performance during the next period.

The main idea is to be helpful to each other ! We use the chat, we test the others' dungeons, we retrieve gems. There is NO obligation of success, only obligation of "trying" (as hard as you can) ;).
You are expected to be as helpful as we are going to be with you. As we will make retriving your gems our priority, the same is expected from you. :)
Furthermore, you are expected to do your best to beat the new bases of the fellow members. A good way to increase skill while being sure their bases are safe enough to go for rituals. In the end, less gems are lost.

We are currently  level 17, with over 150 victories, a total Delta of  approx. 80 millions and our bonuses are as follows :

+ 3400 per ritual
+ 8500 per stolen gem

+ 1200 per retrieved gem

+ 550 per mine gem

Our guild requirement is 1.500.000. We aim at recruiting active members. But remember : when you join, you are part of the team, and fight for it ! :)

Language is English (but I speak French as another player).

You are of course allowed to stop playing for whatever reasons, but should that happen, just remember to tell the guild so we can keep track of it, so we do not assume that you quit the game... 25 of us. Loads of information.

Plus, should you be out of the guild for whatever reasons - I might clumsily kick you out without meaning it, one never knows - please feel free to re-join or post here.

So, we are looking for active players - if possible here to stay for a long time - to play all together.

Feel free to join us : ESPLOSIVI

Khassandr

Edited by Khassandr, 17 July 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#2 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:05 AM

Guide for beginners & experienced players

Hello fellow guildmembers and passers-by.

Exchanging huge amounts of information on the chat is tedious, hence the creation of this guide to which you are all invited to contribute.
I will try not to explain what can be found in the help section or on the forum in general, but rather share my experience and sum up the most important aspects of the gameplay.

Gaining Experience :

You gain levels by collecting the green orbs while raiding or doing the history mode. I would recommend finishing the offline mode as soon as possible (to benefit from the mines), but NOT trying to capture the experience.
Take it when its on your pass, but do not go for it. There is no point of being lvl 45 before you are ready. And when it's done, as it won't change anything you can still go back for it to reach a higher level (and have your lockpicks refilled).

Matchmaking :

That's basic, but important for later points. You will face opponents which are the same level as you (more or less 5 levels). It stops at level 45. Once you have reached that level you can face anyone above lvl 45.

League battles :

For a long time, you win by being amongst the top 3 players who have the highest amount of gems. That means you will eventually win all those leagues as long as you play. Then you have the king's leagues. You still get 150 orbs for being within the top 3 (lest you are in the totemius guild, then you have to be the first) before going to the next one, but only your Delta score matters (the amount of gems made on the period) and you will be sent back to the previous league should you end up in the bottom of your league). The higher you climb, the harder it gets.

Dungeon upgrades :

The most important one is the merchant upgrade. Costly in the beginning, but worthwhile on the long go. max it out to save millions.

The total cost of all upgrades excluding merchant is 33,235,000 gold

The cost of maxing merchant is 2,365,000 gold

The cost of the pre-requisite upgrades for merchant is 226,000

So merchant can potentially lower the total costs of upgrades by 16,504,500 gold

Therefore, you can save a potential of 14,139,500 gold if you upgrade merchant first!
Then, the gem defense perk has to be maxed out.
What happens next depends on your strategy :
I suggest upgrading soon the skulls (as it's less useful later, make the most of it now) to farm gold.
It implies not upgrading the door (you want to attract players) but having a really strong layout (and high lvl traps - spawn death traps if possible to earn more).

As the trap upgrades are not costly at lower levels, don't bother with the gold mine at first (or perhaps just it's capacity).
Once this is done, go for the lockpick capacity, then the regen.
As lvl 45 is a watershed in term of difficulty, you want to have your locks maxed out at that time (or a bit later, between 45 and 50...).
I assume that is the best order to maximise your chances.
I would recommend not going for the raiding farm as it will increase your level too fast. You want to be ready for level 45.

Trap upgrading :
Nothing really, just that you need to have it to level 15 quickly enough and go for the level 30 after you've reached level 45 (it's long and expensive...)
the most expensive upgrades cost 400.000 !
A good guideline is to divide your level by half, that should roughly be the level of your traps : Level 20 ? Traps, at least to level 10. Level 40 ? Traps at least to level 20... Remember that the free-for-all opponent stuff at level 45 can be merciless.
A nice strategy could be to upgrade the upper levels while farming orbs : Navigate forth and back between the last leagues. Rise to the top, collecting hundreds of orbs, lose on purpose to go back to Totemius upgrading all along. Rince and repeat. If you are lucky, you can make enough gems to go for the 30 guild orbs while loosing your league. 2 free spots and raiding could do it.

Retrieving gems :

Might be stupid to say that but, it is sometimes worth to wait before retrieving a gem ! Your attacker may be satisfied by the hoard and decide to upgrade right after his ritual. Then, it will be easier to retrieve it, just like for your fellow guildmembers.
You can also "lose a gem on purpose"... Well not really, but take opportunity to place a really high gem in the now empty slot if the shield is active till the end to safely fuse it. Then retrieve your gem.

Making gems fast :

If you need to make gem fast, the best solution is to anticipate : make as much rituals as possible to have as much free slots as possible or finish your totem. Then get a new base, a new totem and a good layout. Between the mines, the rituals you are going to make and the your successful raids, you will earn at least 30-40K on a period. More if you are lucky while raiding (I stole a gem worth 360.000 once).
If you must upgrade traps, you won't be doing much rituals on the period. I personaly try to make one or two rituals during the period and spend the rest of the time upgrading. I raid a lot and still manage to have a 30K Delta thanks to my lvl3 white shadow outfit.

Gem values :

It's always useful to be able to evaluate the value of the hoard...
Class One: 0-299

Gems are simple shapes, with either 3 or 4 facets.

Class Two: 300-999

Gems now have indented centers in addition to the facets.

Class Three: 1000-2999

Gems now have both chipped corners and indented centers.

Class Four: 3000-9999

Gems have indented centers, chipped corners, and smooth, metallic gilding on the edges.

Class Five: 10,000-29,999

Gems have indented centers, gilded edges, and prongs extending inwards from the gilding.

Class Six: 30,000-99,999

Gems have indented centers, gilded edges and larger prongs on the corners. At this point, it can be noted that the indents and facets on the gem have changed shape and size considerably.

Class Seven: 100,000-299,999

The gems are now gilded with gold, and have corresponding shapes stamped into the prongs. The indented centers have the appearance of growing slightly deeper, and the indents appear to have grown smaller since the previous stage.

Class Eight: 300.000-999,999

The gems now have elaborate designs in the gilded edges, with the facets of previous stages being partly obscured with this stage's addition of another small gem chip inlaid with yet another gilded edge around the center of the gem.

Class Nine: 1,000,000-2,999,997+

The gems are now gilded with dark purple crystal, and there are prongs and some triangular crystals on the edges. Each "class nine" gem appears to cover another gem with the same shape.

Rituals :

- Don't upgrade traps while doing a ritual

- Remember that the gem created by your last ritual will need a gem-free slot. If none is available, your lowest gem will be sold.

- The highest gem that can be fused is 999.999 (unless you fuse several 999.999 gems). Anticipate ! My suggestion would be to make 50K gems.
                         3 x 50.000 -> 150.000.                    3 x 1 50.000 -> 450.000.
If you do that twice, you will have 2 gems worth 900.000. Then fuse them with a lower one. Everything that result in a gem higher than 999.999 is lost. So calculate (there are gem calculators on the internet). You can use your orbs to accelerate the process with your 150K gems. So you only risk loosing a 50K gem in the whole process.

Things are simpler since the 2.7 update, so here we are :
The highest gem craftable is 999.999. Use your ritual bonuses to make it easier.
A 999.999 is called a semi-perfect gem.
3 semi-perfect gems can be crafted into a perfect gem (299.997).
There are now no ways to have bigger gems (Zeptolab used to merge perfect gems into a bigger one) as you can trap them in the chest panel. You have to pay with ingredients to do so. The higher the gem, the cheaper. So make sure you craft a perfect gem before locking it to safety.

Potions :

You get potions by cracking locks, buying them (7 orbs) or by making rituals with gems of the same coulour. The bonuses are as follows :

3 blue gems     -> Gang of thieves potion

3 green gems   ->  Slow motion potion

3 purple gems  -> Ghost potion

3 red gems      -> Trap disable potion

3 yellow gems  -> Double gold potion

How to earn orbs :

- Win league battles (30)

- Win guild battles (150 or more (later))

- Watch videos

- Break locks (especially brown and blue as it's cheaper) while raiding or retrieving gems for the guild

- Accomplish missions

- Reach a higher level

How to spend orbs :

- First, buy gem slots

- Then respin for eyes and mushrooms after rituals (up to twice, it's too expensive to do more)
- Respin for gems when you have good odds. 5% is not worth it, just as it's not worth respining to earn a 10K gem you will eventually raid later.

- Respin while retrieving for guild members : When you have 150 orbs, 5 orbs is really okay to respin for a 30k gem (unless there are 5% odds)

- Accelerate a ritual with really high gems !

Layout :

Nothing more to add to the wonderful guides provided by Cylence, a must read :
http://forum.kingoft...ons-by-cylence/

http://forum.kingoft...cylence-51-100/
http://forum.kingoft...n-creation-101/

Only basic stuff as a reminder :

[Once every single totem is used, you will be offered to go back to a random base.]
The trap that has inflicted the most damages will be disabled upon the 7th death. As pointed out by Super_Doodles, the disable trap potion says that it disables a random trap, but it disables the one you take the most damage from. When you use a disable trap potion before you start your raid, then which trap gets disabled is determined by your layout and trap sets. you can figure out which trap will be disabled by (in edit mode) stacking all three traps on top of each other using whichever trapset you wish to test, then drag one of the traps away. The trap that you dragged out of the pile will be the one that is disabled if a disable trap potion is used before a raid is started.
In a good dungeon, each trap is individually nearly impossible to pass. Disabling one should not make it easy.

Take advantage of the general disposition :

- Never put the chest in the pit. The pit must be a way to kill players with no escape.

- Your base should require as many special jumps as possible so even without traps, it should be hard.

- Avoid allowing the attacker to stop in a corner to analyse. Die and try is the only way !
- When you can, spawn traps are good just as putting the chest high so a too-short-a-jump would result in death or having to climb through the obstacles all over again.
- The thief starts by heading to its right. The chest MUST be on the left of the door if its on a straigh line.

- Remember that if your dungeon is attractive, thieves will use potions. Ponder all the possible weaknesses (due to a disabling potion for example) while concieving your layout.

- The gravity switch cannot be disabled, so it may be interesting to use it as a trap.
- Remember that 5% odds of taking the gem means that out of 20 1-star tries, 1 will be successfull. Hard is not good enough most of the time. You have to go through hell while saving to be allowed to feel confident. I personaly have had 2 dungeons on whinc only a single attack succeeded (1 star, ne harm done...)
- Upgrade as much as possible your traps. Especially after lvl 45. A good strategy is to focus on one peculiar trap once they are around level 20. But you want it to be the one disabled, so it has to be the first on your way to the chest.

- Remember that a lvl5 white shadow has 300 life points. It will require level 30 traps and 7 death for him/her to one star the dungeon.

I strongly recommend to practice on what is hard for you (never give up, retrieve as much as possible) : It will allow you to create much more difficult layouts.

There are several websites to help you :
kotbuilder.com and kotdb.com.

They are really good before lvl45, after, you will face opponents who have had your dungeon several times. They know all the possible layouts, you must create new patterns to distabilise them.

I also strongly advise to look ahead which dungeon you will soon have and take screenshots when you come across a nice layout !

Also remember this : A disabling potion disbles a random trap. But... Should one dies THEN use a disabling potion, it would disable the trap that had inflicted most damages. That means a cunning player might die on purpose on a tricky trap THEN use a potion to 3-star the dungeon. For example, if the core of the defense is a single trap, it might be interesting to die once on purpose on this peculiar trap to be able to disable it with a potion.

Outfits :

Simple enough, only two are of worth : The Golden Blaze to begin with (as it grants more gold and does not require any of the white shadow ingredients) then the white shadow (do as much rituals as you can, respin up to twice for the ingredients - eyes and mushrooms).
EDIT : Since the update, Thrones replace outfits (as far as bonuses are concerned), so what you want is the "foreseer" throne. The rest is a waste of ingredients, but to help with money you might consider having the Wealthy Duke one (till level 4).

New dungeon upgrades :

Nothing much to say save it seems that the most interesting one is the "conquering heart" update. Indeed, it enables youu not to lose health upon dying.
You can rather quickly upgrade it aroung 10% odds. To be clear, that means that you can 2-star raid any dungeon with 2 traps disabled.
Should you have the best throne available (overseer, 300 health), the 7th death would cause you to one star the dungeon should the traps be level 30.
If you use a potion and disable a trap by dying 7 times AND avoid losing health once thanks to the upgrade, you may well 2-star it.
Then, also note that the gem defense upgrade is more than ever of paramount importance.

Posting pictures :

To post pictures, you need to do what is described here. Imgur is not the only website accepted (hostingpics also works well). You just need to use the link with "BBC Code".

The Guild :

You can spend orbs to create a guild or join one.
I joined one, and as no one was active, the leader quit. I ended up being the new leader by happenstance and seriously considered quitting the leadership and going to find another guild too. Then I tried to give people motivation. I've advertised on forums for new members and fired all the "dead accounts". Now, we are 25, all of us are active and we do well.
A guild is the place where one exchanges, gives and benefits from pieces of advice, have his/her dungeon tested. Has his or her gems retrieved...
But, I also consider to expect as much involvement as you benefit from.
Should someone benefit from the guild bonuses and the others retrieving his or her gems without returning the favour, I would have to kick him or her out. It is only fair as the most fortunate of us might even use potions or orbs to help getting the gems back.
I don't like it, but that is the only way to keep a team spirit and strong bonds that eventually benefit all.
I usually ask for general approval before doing so.
If you need to stop for a while, don't worry, let us know so we are not mistaken into thinking you have definitely stopped playing.

I hope this helps.
If I've missed anything feel free to tell me !
Khassandr

[Edit with the latest updates] : A good way to make the most of an awful base (lousy base, unable to save a decent layout...) is now to do a ritual with very low gems then raiding while the ritual goes on. It grants youu two possibilities : either you steal the gems and you score delta for the team (as it's no longer linked to your storing space) or you fail steealing the gem BUT the spinner gives you a CUMULATIVE bonus ritual.
That will be added to the value of your gem once the ritual is over.
A simple example :
I made a ritual with three gems worth around 1000 each. No one bothered stealing me really hard, just one stolen and replaced easily. But I failed to steal a gold ritual (ulncky with the spinner) wich granted me a 300K bonus. After the ritual, my gem was worth 320K.

Edited by Khassandr, 17 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#3 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

Super Doodles, here you are :
http://imgur.com/aOTUWRR

Gabrielle : http://i.imgur.com/o6wpFXD.png

Edited by Khassandr, 04 February 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#4 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

UP

Edited by Khassandr, 06 January 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#5 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

UP

Edited by Khassandr, 06 January 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#6 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:46 AM

UP

Edited by Khassandr, 06 January 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#7 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

UP

Edited by Khassandr, 06 January 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#8 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

UP

Edited by Khassandr, 06 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#9 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

UP

#10 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

UP

#11 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

ESPLOSIVI is currently recruiting.
See you soon,

Khassandr

#12 Nezami uruf

Nezami uruf

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Can i join in??
Only 30000 gem score but it has only been 3 days since I started playing

#13 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

I've lowered the entrance requirrements. Feel free to join ! ;)

EDIT : I do not know what your ingame name is, but we're drowning under newcomers. Hope you're among them. If not, as we are full, we are going to look at who isn't active and save you his place. :)

Edited by Khassandr, 07 January 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#14 Nezami uruf

Nezami uruf

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

In game name is same. And your guild is already full

#15 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

ESPLOSIVI is recruiting.

#16 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

Looking for one member (over 500.000).
See you soon ! :)

#17 tigr0u51

tigr0u51

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Salut, je t'invite à rejoindre notre groupe facebook, et a invitez un maximum de français pour le faire débuter, une fois qu'il y aura suffisamment de membre, ce sera plus facile de recruter, s'aider, se parler entre français 

bon courage pour ta guilde 

je te laisse le lien ici : https://www.facebook...46/?pnref=story

#18 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

We are currently recruiting. A couple of free spots.
(please read our description).
See you soon.

:)

#19 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

We are currently recruiting. A couple of free spots.
(please read our description).
See you soon.

:)

#20 Khassandr

Khassandr

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

We are currently recruiting.
We have a couple of inactive players. We will get rid of them progressively, a couple at a time, so don't worry if you see this message days after it has been posted.
Feel free to join !
Send me a message if you have any question.
Khassandr from Esplosivi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: french, english, guild, guilde, français

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users