• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Enoooch

Enoooch

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

Hello to all who are reading this topic, is that after the last update I noticed something wrong in roulette, even with good traps, dungeons difficult to pass and still defenses yolk, they are still robbing me too! Please, it is no exaggeration, with minimal chances I'm losing a lot of stones! Thank attention

#2 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:19 AM

Min chance is capped at 5%, so it's possible to loose a couple gems to 1 star raids. You will have whole totems without steals and maybe one ritual with 2-3 steals, it's just how chance work sometimes :P.

#3 Gregston

Gregston

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

I have a question related to this: What are the odds of all of those happening (within a 3 hrs period):

- First of all, I got 11 (yes, eleven) raids with 3 stars in a row, all with 50/50 chances, and in NONE of them I got 3 stars

- Secondly, during a 5hr ritual, my BEST GEM was stolen 2 times, with 5% chance (1 star). The best gem part is important, because it's pretty clear that stealing the best gem is harder than stealing the worst gem (because of where the spinner lands).

- After the ritual finally finished, I hit the respin button twice (so, 3 spins total) and in all of them the arrow stopped on EXACTLY (!!!!!) the same spot (of course, the useless leaf).

If you want people to spend money on the game, screwing newcomer's odds IS NOT the way to do it. I'll most likely quit if this **** remains like this.

(Also, I just read on another post that WS 3 is much worse than 1 or 2. Seriously?)

EDIT: As someone else said in another post, the Random Number Generator has become a not-so-random Number Generator. If the intention was to make players quit, it was definitely a good change.

Edited by Gregston, 18 September 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#4 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

It's possible to have both good and bad streaks, it's part of the luck, there will be times when you would steal many gems in a row with 50/50 chances too.

Regarding the 5% steals remember the chance from the people that is raiding you too, so if they had raided 150 times at 1 star and they just had a lucky shot at your base it's totally possible. Also, stealing the best gem is actually easier because of the outfit bonus.

As for the material, the spinner is just a visual representation of a numeric random roll. You'll see gold added of an autosold gem even before the spinner even appears, it's only there for the thrill.

And regarding the WS post, if I told you that the nimble foot is better to steal the best gem you probably wouldn't believe me right? Why believe that comment then? Bad streaks happen.

Sadly enough, you will probably end up quitting, not because things are rigged, but because you won't get out of your head that you think they are.

#5 Falanca

Falanca

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

Some games definitely use weighted-biased RNG to mess with F2P players, but I gotta say nothing truly indicated to me that KOT uses that. I've had much worse bad streaks than any of the ones listed here, but there was also a day where I got three eyes from four rituals. It just seems completely random.

#6 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

There is nothing wrong with the game, it's all in your head.

When speaking of random, anything is possible, otherwise it wouldn't be random.

And Gregston it's far more likely that the best gem is stolen than anything else, since there are bonuses to get the best gem.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#7 Buguinho

Buguinho

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

So the spinner really is pointless? Really?

e0j1xtN.png

Keep calm and
Design new dungeons...

#8 The Curliest Fry

The Curliest Fry

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

Yep. It's just there for show. But people tend to think it's the actual mechanic that's deciding whether or not you get that gem. Pretty funny actually

#9 pain

pain

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:01 AM

Does anyone remember their first raid i.e. shady95??
Did you notice something? (for this you'll have to raid him twice via different accounts.Then you might notice the pattern 😏)

ROULETTE PROBLEM?? well there's a trick, it guarantees you a gem 😸

Edited by pain, 07 October 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#10 Joni

Joni

Cynic

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationBehind brown locks

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:17 AM

And Gregstonit's far more likely that the best gem is stolen than anything else, since there are bonuses to get the best gem.

I would say a more important factor in that case is that people will tend to spin much more for that gold gem than for the two other silvers you have there.  ;)

I have a bunch of gems. Also - I belong in a guild.

(that also has a bunch of gems which determine its rank related to other guilds that have a bunch of gems as well)

#11 Dmitrii

Dmitrii

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with the game, it's all in your head.

After 2.6 update left gem curse returns.

They did something with chance to pick best gem for gold gems.

After update I found it 6 times, and only one time gold gem where chosen. All other times - left gem.

Edited by Dmitrii, 07 October 2015 - 07:02 AM.

Level 257. ~34,45 mil gems.

Best Delta: 3 108 552.

Highest gem stolen: 999 999.

#12 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:47 AM

I have too noticed that when the best gem is not chosen, it's most likely the left gem. It could very well be that its skewed to that direction.

Joni, well I thought it was obvious :)

#13 aVider

aVider

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

After 2.6 update left gem curse returns.

They did something with chance to pick best gem for gold gems.

After update I found it 6 times, and only one time gold gem where chosen. All other times - left gem.

the rng is fine right now, i dont get the left gem all the time and out of the 7 golden gem dungeons i found within 3 days, the spinner picked the best gem 6 out of those 7 times, using white shadow level 4

Red is love, Red is life...

U3RyrMh.jpg?1

#14 Loockuh

Loockuh

King of Kings

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts
  • LocationLoockuh has stolen a gem from your totem.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

Now that I think about it, I spin on the left gem more than I should these days. But not always.

Edit: Oh, wait :D
But it was best gem pick

vfI8Uaq.png

Edited by Loockuh, 07 October 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#15 Dmitrii

Dmitrii

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

the rng is fine right now, i dont get the left gem all the time and out of the 7 golden gem dungeons i found within 3 days, the spinner picked the best gem 6 out of those 7 times, using white shadow level 4

2,5 months before 2.6 i played just like you described. It was beatiful time. For this period i made more than 12 mil delta.

First three months after registration I played with left gem curse. 1,8 mil. But I was noob )

Level 257. ~34,45 mil gems.

Best Delta: 3 108 552.

Highest gem stolen: 999 999.

#16 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

2,5 months before 2.6 i played just like you described. It was beatiful time. For this period i made more than 12 mil delta.

First three months after registration I played with left gem curse. 1,8 mil. But I was noob )

When first new leagues came, I had under 1m gem score. Now I have over 8m :D For some reason I started to find golden gems. Before that I hadn't seen any but one. Now I have seen like 30 and stolen about 15 and about 10 skipped :D

#17 Buguinho

Buguinho

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Yep. It's just there for show. But people tend to think it's the actual mechanic that's deciding whether or not you get that gem. Pretty funny actually

Oh, no, I know the wheel is just a funny animation. Actually, what I meant to ask was if we can tell whether we ever get the gems with respin or not. Like, if the gold isn't there already you will never steal it but if it's there you are sure to steal it with some spins.

e0j1xtN.png

Keep calm and
Design new dungeons...

#18 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

Oh, no, I know the wheel is just a funny animation. Actually, what I meant to ask was if we can tell whether we ever get the gems with respin or not. Like, if the gold isn't there already you will never steal it but if it's there you are sure to steal it with some spins.

That only happened if you got the gem on your first spin, it was impossible to predict if you were going to steal it in further spins since if you decided not to, then why would the added gold be there :P? anyway now they changed the animation a bit, it's still a bit messy but there are no spoilers.

#19 Chervey

Chervey

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

No new features were added to the spinner, sorry!
No changes were made to the best gem stealing probability.

Probability is probability, not a promise.

When you create a world, you should survive living in it twice in a row. So...

Enjoy Hardcore.

Lv 67/  10M+ Gems

Official noob player 

chervey-ex1qgzlf.gif

#20 Coop

Coop

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:55 PM

You'll see gold added of an autosold gem even before the spinner even appears, it's only there for the thrill.

This is just wrong, I wish people would stop saying it.  I've tested it several times, after each update.  You don't get money from a gem that will be auto-sold.  It is even more obvious and easy to test with the latest update, since it doesn't add money until after you hit okay.  It doesn't make sense for your total to go up at that time anyway, what if you didn't get the gem on the first roll?  How could they know how many times you'll try to re-roll before you'll finally get it or give up?  They can't.  If you really need money, you should keep an open slot so you can manually sell off small gems you steal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, problem, roulette, ajust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users