Photo

In-and-Out Dungeon Challenges

Idea double difficulty totem to door

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: In-and-Out Raiding (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. No (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. It could be improved (Please share your ideas if you have any) (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Indifferent (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

The One and Only King of Thieves

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

What do real thieves do? Do they find a place to steal from, run to the treasure, and then just sit on top of it basking in its glory until they are caught? Of course not! Real thieves must reach their loot, take what they can, and then make it back out safely.

In-and-Out dungeon challenges would start normally with the thief running to the totem. But that's where things change. After they reach the totem, they would get only 1/3 of the normal reward. They would have to carry that all the way back to the door to keep it. Then, they must go back to the totem, and repeat this 2 more times to get the full reward and chance of a gem. You can stop any time if you want to play it safe and keep your money.

What this means is that a thief would have to complete a dungeon multiple times. If there is a difficult saw jump, you would have to get past it 3 times. If there is an inescapable pit, you would have to get over it 6 times.

I know what you're thinking. 'This would ruin the game! It would be way too hard!'. Don't worry. Regular raiding mechanics would stay the same. In-and-Out raiding would be an option that players could choose. A dungeon owner could turn on In-and-Out raiding, and have either the default base or their own design used. Raiders would have the option to raid regularly, or do an In-and-Out raid on a base. In-and-Out raiding would give more rewards but would be harder. That gives an incentive for raiders and defenders to use it.

Additionally, In-and-Out raiding could be used in a new set of single player levels, or even as a daily/weekly/monthly challenge with special rewards.

Short version:
In-and-Out raiding requires you to go to the totem and come back 3 times, with 1/3 the reward each time
It would be much harder than regular raids
It would be optional to use it for your base or while raiding
It could be implemented as special challenges or single player levels

So, what do you guys think of this idea? Use the poll instead of saying '+1' or 'Bad idea', but if you have more to say, please do so!
Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#2 jurrian

jurrian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

very nice idea, but maybe two times is enough or make it possible to choose if you want 2 or 3.

Edited by jurrian, 30 September 2015 - 02:39 PM.

BRpdNGb.gif

#3 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Very nice idea.

I have chose could be better as I believe a lot of thought needs to be implemented to make the feature work.

So I make my dungeon, and put my 3 x 10k gems in and toggle "in and out" raids.

Does the raider get to choose either regular or in and out, or totally predefined by the dungeon owner?

If the latter it would need to be shown on the skip screen before the raider wastes keys.

If its the former and the raider can choose how he wants to raid, if he chooses regular raid, will the gems be downgraded automatically minimizing his reward?

If so and the gem is stolen, does this mean the original owner will not lose any gems as technically the raider has stolen a fake gem?

Or will the gems be kept as 10K for a regular raid, and Zepto will increase them to something larger should the raider manage to complete the in and out?

Also does the thief have to get in and out 3 times in one life?

Or if he manages twice then dies, does he only have to complete once more to trigger it?

Excellent concept tho BloBlo and would love to see how this discussion pans out as would breathe new life into the game depending on the mechanics.

#4 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2919 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

I like the general Idea but I can see it having some flaws.. For example I'd put my totem inside the pit :lol: or my door way high up in the air, people would still get a chance with the normal raid but totally kills the idea since they wouldn't be able to reach back the door. Also 3 times may be too much, not sure if you meant even in different lives or just in one go.

#5 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

i like the general Idea but I can see it having some flaws.. For example I'd put my totem inside the pit :lol: or my door way high up in the air, people would still get a chance with the normal raid but totally kills the idea since they wouldn't be able to reach back the door. Also 3 times may be too much, not sure if you meant even in different lives or just in one go.

If you as the dungeon owner opted for in and out raids, you would have to get in and out when saving it :)

#6 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

So I make my dungeon, and put my 3 x 10k gems in and toggle "in and out" raids.

Does the raider get to choose either regular or in and out, or totally predefined by the dungeon owner?

The raider gets to choose.

If its the former and the raider can choose how he wants to raid, if he chooses regular raid, will the gems be downgraded automatically minimizing his reward?

If so and the gem is stolen, does this mean the original owner will not lose any gems as technically the raider has stolen a fake gem?

Or will the gems be kept as 10K for a regular raid, and Zepto will increase them to something larger should the raider manage to complete the in and out?

What I had in mind is that the size of the gems won't change at all. The benefit of choosing the In-and-Out raids will be an increase in the chance of getting the gem.

Also does the thief have to get in and out 3 times in one life?

Or if he manages twice then dies, does he only have to complete once more to trigger it?

very nice idea, but maybe two times is enough or make it possible to choose if you want 2 or 3.

Yes, what I had in mind is that raiders would have to get in and out 3 times in one life. However, that may be  a little too difficult (Although that is hard to say without actually seeing it). If that is the case, it would probably be best if the raider has 2-3 lives to get past it, and after their lives run out the attempts reset.

Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#7 phantom darkrai 456

phantom darkrai 456

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...Inactive probably...

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

+1/2

good but think some dungoens may be impossible to go back like that

p.s mine would be imposible to go back

gwUm1wq.png

OnProch97's brilliant work

http://forum.kingoft...1080-onproch97/

#8 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

+1/2
good but think some dungoens may be impossible to go back like that
p.s mine would be imposible to go back

If you enable In-and-Out raiding, you would not keep the same base. You would have one base for regular aiding and another for In-and-Out. You would have to save a separate base for each, which would ensure that here are no impossible bases.
Posted Image

#9 jurrian

jurrian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Maybe it's an idea that you can choose every league which competition you want so if you choose in the begin of the leage the normal one you only can change it when the next league starts.

BRpdNGb.gif

#10 phantom darkrai 456

phantom darkrai 456

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...Inactive probably...

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

If you enable In-and-Out raiding, you would not keep the same base. You would have one base for regular aiding and another for In-and-Out. You would have to save a separate base for each, which would ensure that here are no impossible bases.

cmon i worked for 1 hr to biuld this one and now your telling me to recreate it just so people can go in and out of dungeons

gwUm1wq.png

OnProch97's brilliant work

http://forum.kingoft...1080-onproch97/

#11 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

cmon i worked for 1 hr to biuld this one and now your telling me to recreate it just so people can go in and out of dungeons

Only 1 hour, that's a quick base for me ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea, double difficulty, totem to door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users