Photo

The Big List of Questions, Tips, and Guides from, and for the community!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationCanada (We Canadians Got to stick together Eh?)

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:05 AM

Big List of Questions, Tips, and Guides from, and for the community!

Quick notice.
With the increase of "Hack posts" or "Hack Topics" saying that a dungeon was hacked. First if you have a question about a dungeon, then post a thread asking how a dungeon works, and not assuming it is a hack. Second Topics, stating hacking is not allowed, your thread will be locked, and moved. Finally if you think there is a bug or glitch, send an E-Mail to kingofthieves@zeptolab.com, they will help you there. That is all, and enjoy the forums.

1. Questions
  • Q: How do I get past the wood league? A: Rank top 3 when the league ends.
  • Q: What's the point of guilds? A: Guild wars are in place!
  • Q: On the 3 slot totem, there is not gem boost (EX. 100 + 100 + 100 ≠ <300 (+300)) like other totems do. A: The 3 slot totem just combines them to give you more space, this is not a glitch.
  • Q: How do I get different outfits? A: After a ritual, there is a spinner that will give you a random ingredient, use that to make outfits.
  • Q: How do I post pictures on the forums? A: Go to imgur.com, upload your picture, copy the BBCode, past it into your post.
  • Q: Can I buy a shield? A: No, not currently.
  • Q: Can I choose my traps? A: No, you are given 3 options of traps, each time you move, you must choose from those sets of traps.
  • Q: How do I join a guild? A: There is no guild search currently, but you should be able to find the guild in the Top Guilds section, once you find click join.
  • Q: Do I have to be offline to be raided? A: Yes, you do.
  • Q: Whats 9 + 10? A: 19.
  • Q: Can I buy a platform for my dungeon? A: Nope.
  • ​Q: Why does my trap disappear after a fe deaths? A: You're trap disappears after 7 deaths, and is the one the causes the most damage, this is a part of the game.
  • Q: Can I choose my dungeons layout? A: No, you can not currently.
  • Q: How long do skulls last? A: Forever.
  • Q: How do I get potions? A: By doing rituals with the same colour gems.
  • Q: What are all the Traps? A: From the first trap to last; Blades, Red Guard, Cannon, Fruit Fly (official name: Seeking Bird), Eye Cannon, Blue Guard.
  • Q: Will shield times be increased? A: Not clear, but possible.
  • Q: Why can people still attack, even at 0hp (health points)? A: It is currently how the game works, may change in the future.
  • Q: Where can I ask more questions? A: You can ask more by, PM (Private Message) ing me, commenting on this post, or just asking on the forums.
  • Q: How can I tell what gem will be stolen? A: You can not tell, it is randomized at the time the thief steals your gem.
  • Q: Do the gem rituals take longer, the further into the game? A: Yes, every dungeon the time increases.
  • Q: Do I have to re-level my traps up, ever new dungeon? A: No, your traps levels, will carry through all dungeons.
  • Q: What are the multipliers for the totems? A: The first totem is 2x, the second is 1.5x, the third is 1.2x, finally, fourth and, beyond is 1x .
  • Q: How much gold will they steal from my base? A: It is in quarters, (EX 400 in total, 3 stars equal 100, 2 stars equal 50, and 1 star equals 25). )Apparently No longer the case.
  • Q: How do I get 2K gems, in 30 minutes? A: There are three ways, raid like crazy, spend orbs, or get gems from mines.
  • Q: I'm on Android and my game keeps crashing, what do I do? A: This seems to happen, because of Google accounts, follow these steps.
  • Q: What is the max wait time for a ritual? A: 12 hours max.
  • Q: How many ad's do I get? A: It depends on where you live, and how many ad's are currently available, you may one time only get 2, or at another time get 34. It varies.
  • Q: I dislike the removal of super jumps, and other jumps. Please add them back! A: it is highly unlikely, that they will be added back, considering the majority of players (NOT limited to the forums) are happy with the update.
Open a web browser.
Go to Manage apps (https://plus.google.com/apps) on Google+.
Hover over "King of Thieves".
Click the Edit button .
Click Disconnect.

Did I not answer you question, want a second opinion? Try this out

2. Tips
  • Upgrade your lower gems before your higher gems, so if get robbed, you will not lose a high value gem.
  • DO NOT just upgrade 1 gem, because if it gets stolen, then you will drop down your league quite far.
  • If you don't get a gem when robbing someone, do not respin for 5 orbs, its not worth it.
  • ​Do not spend orbs on ingredients, it will usually cost less to respin at the end of a ritual.
  • Remember when making a defence "Simply beating your own base requires you to get luck... twice... in a row." ~Warriorman222
  • Often play the story, it does not remove your shield.
  • Only attack people you think you can beat.
  • Look at their base, and find a way to complete it before trying.
  • If you can, merge the same colour gems together, you get a potion by doing this (Upgrade low gems first still).
  • If you are having a really hard time getting gems, even following these tips, try just collecting from your mines (@menta's Tip)
  • For your first 3 totems (1, and 2 slot totems)always upgrading one gem can increase your gem level sinficently, ONLY if you can keep others from stealing your gem(s). (!DO AT OWN RISK, POSSIBLE GEM LOST!).THIS HAS BEEN PATCHED BY THE DEVELOPERS
3. Guides

How to get 20-30k gold in a hour (Skulling)
Sorry Ezekiel, but ✰puma✰ posted this first but I'll use your name for it :D .
Steps:
  • First, Create a really good base (the better, the better :D ).
  • Upgrade your skull gold to at least level 4.
  • Make sure you have at least 1 000 gold in your chest for the wood league, 3 000 for stone, 5 000 for bronze, and etc.
  • Let them attack :D .
  • After you are attacked, go on and click find match (DO NOT GET GOLD FROM CHEST OR SKULLS).
  • It will ask you if you want to get rid of your shield, click yes.
  • Repeat Steps 4 - 6 as many times as you want.
Tip: It is recommended not to have a ritual running when doing this.
Tip: If, you want to access your upgrade section without collecting your skulls, swipe down on the screen, and it will bring up your upgrades.

All the bases in the game (IMPORTANT: according to menta, these are not all the bases)
This is video guide by Ezekiel.SuperJump
!PLEASE NOTE, AS OF V2.1 THESE KNOW LONGER WORK!
This a written guide by Delekates.
That is the end of this list. If you have anymore Questions, Tips, or Guides that should be, or want added PM me, or Comment to this Post. Thanks.

Edited by JackBowe, 16 May 2015 - 11:25 PM.
Question Update

Posted Image

#2 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:29 AM

Very neat font, all good tips aswell :)
Wondering how to post images? Click here

#3 ✰Puma✰

✰Puma✰

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

Nice,great job 😄

#4 Bill Dre

Bill Dre

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

Thank you:) Dakota_

You can steal it if you really want but you must die, die and die, die and die. :)

#5 Austa

Austa

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

When I'm moving to the next cave, will all my weapon upgrades come with me? If I have two blades on level 4 / level 5 and one cannon on level 6, what happens when I move to a cage with a guardin instead of the cannon? Will it have the level 6 or will it start at the beginning?

What happenes if there is only one blade in the new weapon-pack. Will it be level 4, level 5 or start at the beginning?

Thank you!

Edit: Does it really make sense to upgrade the weapons? Does it make sense to upgrade only blades or cannons for example? What is your experience?

#6 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

Austa when moving to a new dungeon your trap levels will stay the same, if you get a new trap that you haven't had before it will start at level 1

#7 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

The One and Only King of Thieves

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

Those are nice tips, maybe this should go in the beginners guide. A lot of people ask those questions again and again in new topics, and they may not see it if it's in the middle of tons of other topics in the tactics strategy and schemes topic, but it is really useful information for beginners.
Btw 9+10 = 21 (there's a vine like that)
Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#8 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

Those are nice tips, maybe this should go in the beginners guide. A lot of people ask those questions again and again in new topics, and they may not see it if it's in the middle of tons of other topics in the tactics strategy and schemes topic, but it is really useful information for beginners.
Btw 9+10 = 21 (there's a vine like that)

Maybe.

btw I know, that just a little joke I put in there :D (since I'm a math geek :(   )

Very neat font, all good tips aswell :)

Menta, how about maybe sticking this, or talking to the creators about it? or somthing as such, I made this not as a post but more for all new people? I although respect any decision that the waters, and creators make, if you feel as this in not good enough, or not appropriate, as this is just a though, that you, and/or the creators, can think about.

Posted Image

#9 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

Pinned ;)

#10 K-Dawgz

K-Dawgz

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationI come from the deepest and darkest depths of the world, unknown to many. I come from a place where evil rules and happiness has no meaning. I come from place where people fight for survival making morality and ethics lost. A place where even the sun and the moon are too scared to come out. A place where only a true thief lives, a place where only a true thief lies...

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

So helpful, that there needs to be an in-game link to this FAQ guide. Keep up the good work Dakota!  :D

4126552.png

#11 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

There's an in-game link to the forum, and this is pinned so I'm pretty sure people will find it :)

#12 Rose

Rose

Thief of Roses

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

It's such a shame that there are just 2 people ( including me ) that has liked this guide :(

Well done Dakota !

Posted Image

#13 Storawr

Storawr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Awh, my bit is in a different font

#14 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

Awh, my bit is in a different font

Don't worry, I'll fix it when I get home, it's really hard to on my phone
Posted Image

#15 Menta

Menta

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

It's such a shame that there are just 2 people ( including me ) that has liked this guide :(
Well done Dakota !

Wow I thought I did, I must have pressed it twice or something, or I didn't even press it

#16 DrShadows

DrShadows

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Sorry did Not know where to post my question, well does somebody knows what Happens if all the slots are full and You get a gem higher than your lower one, it is automatic changed or you "lose" that gem for Money? Thanks guys

#17 Storawr

Storawr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

Your lowest gem gets sold and the mew one takes its place

#18 D Coff

D Coff

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

Actually, in the very beginning of the game, it is advisable to upgrade only one gem, as the beginning three (I think) totems multiply your gems. That said, if you had a gem with a value of 105 (and since the beginning totem doubles your gem value), after the first ritual, the gem value becomes 210, after the second, 420, after the third, 840. This totem will then collapse, moving you to the next. However, while the second totem allows for two gem slots, it still multiplies the gem total (by some constant number, the exact number I am unsure of). For example, if you still had the 840 gem, and then attained a gem worth 60, the total would be 900. The second totem would then multiply this by a certain number (as I said before, not entirely sure), let's say 1.6 (160%), to get a gem worth 1440. This process can be repeated through this totem on the same pattern, until the totem is expended. The process can be repeated on the third totem also, but at a smaller multiplier (the multiplier for the third totem is 1.2).

lodaup4ca0f.png

#19 DakotaK_

DakotaK_

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

Actually, in the very beginning of the game, it is advisable to upgrade only one gem, as the beginning three (I think) totems multiply your gems. That said, if you had a gem with a value of 105 (and since the beginning totem doubles your gem value), after the first ritual, the gem value becomes 210, after the second, 420, after the third, 840. This totem will then collapse, moving you to the next. However, while the second totem allows for two gem slots, it still multiplies the gem total (by some constant number, the exact number I am unsure of). For example, if you still had the 840 gem, and then attained a gem worth 60, the total would be 900. The second totem would then multiply this by a certain number (as I said before, not entirely sure), let's say 1.6 (160%), to get a gem worth 1440. This process can be repeated through this totem on the same pattern, until the totem is expended. The process can be repeated on the third totem also, but at a smaller multiplier (the multiplier for the third totem is 1.2).

Yes, but if that one gem is stolen, the 1 slot totems, have 100% chance of that gem getting stolen (If they get to steal a gem), the 2 slot totems have 50% chance of that gem getting stolen. So it goes both ways.

Posted Image

#20 Kyle447

Kyle447

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Would you mind changing the font? It's a bit hard to read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users