#1 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

I saw a dungeon layout looking exactly like the one below.

I have just gotten this dungeon today and am trying to replicate the layout I saw, but I can't make the platform jump to the chest.

Unfortunately I did not raid it, so I couldn't use ghost potion or quit to see how the jump is done.

I can get around the defenses easily, so ignore those. 

I'm just looking for help on how exactly to jump onto and off of the wood platforms to make it to the chest. 

Any help is appreciated, but a video demonstration is preferred. 

Anyone accept the challenge?

Edit: $5.00 to the first person who can provide a clear video demonstration of this layout being completed.

Spoiler

Edited by zaepian, 28 October 2015 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1048 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

This may be one of those jumps where you get yourself stuck to the top platform as you jump through it, so you don't continue past it.  Then you can jump right away up to the totem.  I know there was another thread showing a similar jump but I can't find it.

#3 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

I wish you could recall where you saw that, sounds like it could be the trick I'm looking for.

I've been searching wood(en) platforms on the forum and have been coming up short all morning.

#4 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

I'm taking a guess here... Try using this kind of jump but on the other end (the one further) of the bottom platform. If you can make that jump, If your jump ends close to the top platform, you would kinda stick to it instead of going over it allwoing you to jump earlier. Could you share if you succeed :)?

#5 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2373 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

This is the base created by Yuhan and is INCREDIBLY hard.

It's pixel perfect and you get one shot at the jumps.

Very few managed to walk away with a 1 star...

#6 berndt_toast

berndt_toast

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

I raided a base like this. I'll draw the way to pass it. Give me a minute.

Posted Image

Come check out my KoT Technique and Dungeon Videos on YouTube and vid.me

Join my Facebook group or my Telegram channel to get video updates.

You can also find me on Telegram

#7 berndt_toast

berndt_toast

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

The key was sliding off that wall and then almost immediately jumping and then the quick short jumps in succession on that platform.

dkY835d.jpg

Posted Image

#8 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

The key was sliding off that wall and then almost immediately jumping and then the quick short jumps in succession on that platform.

Did you actually beat this dungeon yourself?

So, you know without a doubt the map you drew works?

Gonna start testing right now. Thanks.

EDIT: 

So far this method of jumping on the lower platform does not seem to get you any closer to hitting the chest.

It takes pretty precise timing to be able to jump twice in a row on the lower platform, and after doing so, I still land towards the end of the upper platform. No closer to the chest than when I'm trying without the double jumps on the lower platform. 

Also, as you drew it, it is impossible to jump twice in a row on the lower platform, it is also impossible to do a low corner jump and have enough room to do a double jump on the lower platform. The only way it was possible was to move the door into the corner, and walk a few steps until in the perfect position to make it onto the front edge of the lower platform, you can then jump twice in a row before jumping up to the second platform, but you're nowhere near making the chest. 

Edited by zaepian, 28 October 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#9 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:07 PM

$5.00 to the first person who can provide a clear video demonstration of this layout being completed.

#10 berndt_toast

berndt_toast

Thievery Master

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Did you actually beat this dungeon yourself?

So, you know without a doubt the map you drew works?

Gonna start testing right now. Thanks.

EDIT: 

So far this method of jumping on the lower platform does not seem to get you any closer to hitting the chest.

It takes pretty precise timing to be able to jump twice in a row on the lower platform, and after doing so, I still land towards the end of the upper platform. No closer to the chest than when I'm trying without the double jumps on the lower platform. 

Also, as you drew it, it is impossible to jump twice in a row on the lower platform, it is also impossible to do a low corner jump and have enough room to do a double jump on the lower platform. The only way it was possible was to move the door into the corner, and walk a few steps until in the perfect position to make it onto the front edge of the lower platform, you can then jump twice in a row before jumping up to the second platform, but you're nowhere near making the chest. 

Yes, I know for a fact it is possible as I beat it myself. The drawing is a representation, but it's the way you need to do it. It's pixel perfect accuracy as someone above stated. I wish I had this layout to take a video with, as I would do it.

Posted Image

#11 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

Is it possible that it's been patched?

Because I have gotten as close as possible to the celling corner that is between the two platforms and I'm unsuccessful at getting any closer.

I've also noticed, that when I'm as close as I can possibly get to that corner, my character moves differently when he travels through the left corner of the upper wooden plank. It makes me think that this was the glitch that would've allowed you to land sooner than normal, but maybe now it's been patched. Because it looks like he's gonna land short, and then it seems like the game forces him to travel sideways and land where it wants him to be instead of where he was about to go.

I hope that all makes sense.  

#12 Sorry Dude

Sorry Dude

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

its possible and its not patched. Never tried this dungeon myself, but i know that yuhan had it (i think he created it, not sure though). and mhd-Turkmani (mishlo) has it now.

izBFHC2.png

Brazucas Way #4 (03/15/2017)

#13 fatninja

fatninja

unicorn taint

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

It is going around then, because I saw it on either my level 42 or my level 35 game. I'm not sure which. I couldn't figure it out so I used a ghost potion, after that it only took me two tries.
Go to the Dark Side, they have gold locks.

#14 Trabantt

Trabantt

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIn the disable trap-potion factory of the guild oWn.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

One of my guildmates has it and provided a video of it, but i sweared i won't tell the secret. I'll ask him if he agrees to provide you the video, but i doubt it will happen.

• CoA likes this

Me is awesome, me has gems, me has money, me has good traps...

Me loves forums, me loves games, me loves funny stuff...

Me loves King Of Thieves!

#15 CoA

CoA

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon's chest. ^_^

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

One of my guildmates has it and provided a video of it, but i sweared i won't tell the secret. I'll ask him if he agrees to provide you the video, but i doubt it will happen.

Yeah the great Mustafa :D

Cai4p8H.gif

Member of guild "Little Fighters 2", nick: WorteX, 6,7m gem score, game level 57

#16 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:20 PM

$5.00 to the first person who can provide a clear video demonstration of this layout being completed.

O.O
Someone's pretty serious about this.

#17 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

O.O
Someone's pretty serious about this.

Damn straight. lol

I can execute every other jump, trick, maneuver in this game, but this one eludes me and it's driving me insane.

I need to master it as I've done with everything else. 

So, I'll gladly paypal someone a few bucks for providing what I need to succeed. 

#18 Somark

Somark

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:26 PM

Gloubi-Blouga made a video about this, the idea is the same:

a2SXjnS.gif

#19 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1048 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

It may not be the exact same layout but that double platform jump in the previous post seems to be what you're after.  Actually the animated gif looks even harder, given the first platform's location.  So does somark get the $5 or gloubi?  :D 

#20 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:09 AM

Gloubi-Blouga made a video about this, the idea is the same:

a2SXjnS.gif

Are you sure this was Gloubi-Blouga's video? It's not hosted on their youtube channel..
I'd like to have the actual video to make full-screen, pause, study etc.

Provide a link to or post the actual video here and the $5 is yours. 

Thanks a lot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dungeon, layout, tricky, jump, wood, platform, challenge, trick, base, hard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users