Photo

Level 45 having problems with high level thieves!

High Level Levels Stolen Problem Thieves Help Fix 45 Problems

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

By the time I hit level 45 I had spent alot of time and money upgrading traps as well as gem defense outfits and such. Then I found out that after level 45 you can be attacked by any level above you. I now have level 200 thieves attacking me and I hqve no chance of defending my dungeon against them. They have had much more time to upgrade their outfits, etc. than a level 45 thief. It makes perfect sense to me that this should be changed. The developers, however, say they don't think it is unfair. What do you think?

#2 SHAFIN

SHAFIN

Phat Not Fat

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Locationdhaka. Bangladesh

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

yeah I hit lvl 45 a couple of days ago
it kinda sucks but you have a lot to gain
I personally think that its unfair

HvxvCBB.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/jN2GhJT.gif

NONE , NOUGHT TM All rights reserved (for the watchers)

#3 Bloblo65

Bloblo65

The One and Only King of Thieves

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationI'm right behind you. Don't bother turning though. I'll be gone before you do...

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

How many lvl 200 players do you think there are? If they only got to attack around their level, do you really think they would find anyone at all to raid? Also, a lvl 200 players doesn't necessarily have everything upgraded. Level does not correspond with the amount of time played. If I played smartly, I could have everything maxed out before lvl 45. Likewise, if I made the wrong choices, I could have a very poorly upgraded base at lvl 200. Moreover, a lvl 200 player and a lvl 45 player probably have around the same amount of skill. If you want a better chance of defending your dungeon, save a better base instead of trying to change the whole system.
Posted Image
There is no pleasure more complex than that of thought and we surrendered ourselves to it.

#4 Liammagoo

Liammagoo

Wow, thanks

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationEarth, Space

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

Upgrade your traps, a level 26 trap will send a WS level 5 down to 1 star after 7 deaths. If your traps aren't upgraded, you're to blame. It's not unfair

#5 fatninja

fatninja

unicorn taint

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

He is kind of right though. Matchmaking, ideally, should be based on several factors like trap levels, upgrade levels, average stars while raiding, average stars when getting raided, average value of gems that you run through rituals, league wins, your current league.....

But to do that would require a lot of work for Zeptolab, and it would require them to arbitrarily decide which of those were more important than the others. So basically it would be super complicated, not worth it, and people would still complain about matchmaking.

I don't hate the current system and I would like to see different new content rather than a complete overhaul of the matchmaking system.
Go to the Dark Side, they have gold locks.

#6 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

Bloblo65 of course level corresponds to amount of time played. I play alot, upgrade as often as I can, and have not been playing nearly long enough to make level 200. For level 45 my upgrades are great. Almost all my traps are level 15, my gem defense is almost maxed out, and I have the level 3 shadow outfit. The level 100 - 200 people who attack me are dying 7 times minimum and getting 2 stars and more chance at my gem then level 50 people have to begin with. That's unfair.

#7 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

As for there not being enough level 200 thieves, I understand that but it isn't the level 45 players fault. We have to level up 100 times while allowing a few people at the top to easily rob us blind just because there isn't enough of them? I can see letting levels 100 and up attack each other because at a certain point you can't upgrade anymore and everyone should be fairly equal, but that point isn't level 45.

#8 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

He is kind of right though. Matchmaking, ideally, should be based on several factors like trap levels, upgrade levels, average stars while raiding, average stars when getting raided, average value of gems that you run through rituals, league wins, your current league.....

But to do that would require a lot of work for Zeptolab, and it would require them to arbitrarily decide which of those were more important than the others. So basically it would be super complicated, not worth it, and people would still complain about matchmaking.

I don't hate the current system and I would like to see different new content rather than a complete overhaul of the matchmaking system.

I disagree. Trap levels and upgrade levels shouldn't matter at all, otherwise there wouldn't be any point upgrading traps or other useless castle upgrades if it puts you against harder players. The only reasonable thing to count would be total gem score, which as well is kinda bad.

And as others have said, level does not correspond to time played. Level corresponds to amount of raids you have done and exp orbs you have collected. Level does neither correspond to skill. If you were playing longer time in 45+ you would understand this. There are maybe 500 skilled players in this game, of which only maybe 100 are very skilled. Then there are players who just play a lot to compensate the bad skill.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#9 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

If level corresponds to amount of raids you have done, then level must by definition correspond to time spent playing.

#10 fatninja

fatninja

unicorn taint

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

I disagree. Trap levels and upgrade levels shouldn't matter at all, otherwise there wouldn't be any point upgrading traps or other useless castle upgrades if it puts you against harder players. The only reasonable thing to count would be total gem score, which as well is kinda bad.

And as others have said, level does not correspond to time played. Level corresponds to amount of raids you have done and exp orbs you have collected. Level does neither correspond to skill. If you were playing longer time in 45+ you would understand this. There are maybe 500 skilled players in this game, of which only maybe 100 are very skilled. Then there are players who just play a lot to compensate the bad skill.

No I don't think trap levels or upgrade levels should matter either. I was just trying to make a point.
Go to the Dark Side, they have gold locks.

#11 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:11 AM

If level corresponds to amount of raids you have done, then level must by definition correspond to time spent playing.

If you have made 1400 raids in 1 month and I've made 250 in 6 months, probably 1400 raids will make you have a higher level, but simply being around for 6 months will probably make me have more upgraded defenses / tower. So no, it doesn't correspond.

I've been playing since a day or two after the official release, would that mean that any player with a level higher than mine was a beta player then? No, they just raided more, regardless of when they joined.

We all have gone through that, and 45 levels is a decent reference to have upgraded enough to survive and get enough to finish upgrades.

#12 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

To be clear, I am not saying the higher level thieves are better players. For example two players with the exact same skill who play the exact same amount of time each day, same amount of raids and everything. One has played for two years and reaches level 200, the other for 6 months and reaches level 45. They have both upgraded items in the same pattern and the lower level person would be on path to being exactly the same as the higher level person but the level 200 person has his outfit, etc. upgraded much higher because he is at a higher level and has been playing for a longer period of time. Therefore, between the two, the level 200 person is way out of the league of the level 45 person. The math and logic speaks for itself.

#13 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

To be clear, I am not saying the higher level thieves are better players. For example two players with the exact same skill who play the exact same amount of time each day, same amount of raids and everything. One has played for two years and reaches level 200, the other for 6 months and reaches level 45. They have both upgraded items in the same pattern and the lower level person would be on path to being exactly the same as the higher level person but the level 200 person has his outfit, etc. upgraded much higher because he is at a higher level and has been playing for a longer period of time. Therefore, between the two, the level 200 person is way out of the league of the level 45 person. The math and logic speaks for itself.

You know, there used to exists players who were like level 4 or something, who had white shadow level 5, max castle upgrades and max trap upgrades. They were called campers. So once again, level does not mean a thing. You can have really high outfit and upgrades if you do those upgrades and rituals but don't raid at all or much. The camping itself has now been officially "banned" by Zepto because they put gem caps.

#14 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

So now that camping is no more, level does mean a thing. You can't sit there and tell me you have as much upgrade opportunity from level 1 to 45 as you do from level 1 to 200. That's a ridiculous notion.

#15 Huse

Huse

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

Level means nothing. It only shows the amount of green orbs you've got through raiding. There's still camping going on.

Maybe you should spend more time upgrading your gem defense and traps before you go into the level 45 pool. If you say you spent "a lot" of time and money on them you should be good. You know you can stop doing rituals for a while and focus on upgrading traps/castle.

What is your best outfit? What is your current gem defense chance upgrade level? And what are your trap levels?

#16 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

So now that camping is no more, level does mean a thing. You can't sit there and tell me you have as much upgrade opportunity from level 1 to 45 as you do from level 1 to 200. That's a ridiculous notion.

The upgrades take a long time to finish. Hours. A day. I can play 1 minute in game and make 24 hour update. I can also play 4 hours and make the same 24 hour update. Except if I play longer I will most likely have higher level due to higher raid count. Still, we can have exact same upgrades. I could get all the cash I need from skulls for example without doing single raid.

#17 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:03 AM

Lelu i see your theoretical point, however, how many level 45 ppl do you actually think have upgrades equal to that of level 200 ppl? I don't know what level you are but can you imagine how much play time you'd have to put in to reach level 200? That's no matter how you look at it. No matter how many raids or whatever else, if you're level 200 you've put in much more time and have many more upgrades (unless you spent all that time not upgrading which would be absurd) than a level 45 has the opportunity to have.

#18 Dwsaun

Dwsaun

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:08 AM

Huse ive got level 3 shadow, max merchant, almost max gem defense, and all my other upgrades are around level 20. My traps level 15. Ive upgraded well for my level and was having no trouble. But like ive said these level 200 ppl have much higher upgraded suits and traps and for that reason its unfair. Ppl are saying level doesnt matter but thats ridiculous. Long before im level 200 ill have all my upgrades maxed out and be working only on my traps. But i cant do that at level 45. Therefore level matters. I cant see whay anybody would think it didnt.

#19 Huse

Huse

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Huse ive got level 3 shadow, max merchant, almost max gem defense, and all my other upgrades are around level 20. My traps level 15. Ive upgraded well for my level and was having no trouble. But like ive said these level 200 ppl have much higher upgraded suits and traps and for that reason its unfair. Ppl are saying level doesnt matter but thats ridiculous. Long before im level 200 ill have all my upgrades maxed out and be working only on my traps. But i cant do that at level 45. Therefore level matters. I cant see whay anybody would think it didnt.

Because you can choose when to level up to a certain degree. You don't have to grab all the green orbs. There could be someone level 10 and have as much time in the game as someone level 200.

At some point the developers have to cut a line because as you level up there are fewer people with the same level as you. They chose level 45. You want to argue that it should be higher?  Okay, but you could definitely have everything maxed before reaching 45.

#20 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

Dwsaun, I understand your frustration if you compare level 200 to level 45. However, as Huse said, they have to put the line somewhere or players wont have enough other players to attack against. Older days, the line level was 35. They raised it to 45 at some point. I had maxed castle (excluding useless upgrades, like locks and mine) at about level 45. At that moment I also had traps level 16 and I had level 3 whiteshadow. At level 80 or so I got my white shadow level 5 and traps around level 20. I got my traps to level 30 when I was level 110 or so. Currently 120. Trap upgrading is really slow since its 24h for one level and there are multiple traps. My point is that I for example had pretty high upgrades way before level 200, and multiple people have almost maxed upgrades before level 100.

Throughout my play I haven't really thought this as a problem at all. In my latest dungeon, a player level 264 attacked my dungeon and died 128 times, level 118 forfitted, level 126 forfitted, level 101 forfitted, level 109 forfitted, level 189 knew exactly how to pass my dungeon and used disable trap and gang of thieves and got 3 stars. So my point is, if you make a good dungeon, it doesn't matter what level the attacking player is, it's about his skill and knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: High, Level, Levels, Stolen, Problem, Thieves, Help, Fix, 45, Problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users