347 replies to this topic

#1 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

Hi everyone. There were so many threads that had good ideas and got forgotten, so i would like to make a list here for those that most of us can agree on.
Feel free to add (or link) anything i missed and i will add them.
Please do not post bugs, those will probably get fixed sooner or later. This thread is about feature enhancement.

Please refrain from submitting completely new ideas, or falling into debates on the list items (other than of categories). This thread is intended as a collective list for discussed topics.

If you have anything to add to an item, please look for its original post, or open a new one to discuss it there, so it will be more clear.
Also feel free to link in updates on the discussion of the original threads.

Before we jump in, Here is the list of all the ideas that were on the wishlist, and have been implemented.

Ideas Implemented from the wishlist:

Spoiler

Ideas may have moved themselves into more suitable categories. Feel free to question an ideas' category so they are in the right place.

(new) Several new categories have been introduced. Instead of having a huge, never-ending list of good ideas, I have sorted them into themes, for example "Raids" will contain ideas related to ... well ... raids. 

The Community Wishlist:

Priority

Almost everyone supports the idea and wants it implemented. Minimal consequences, easily implementable (hopefully), or a solution to a large problem.

Links to priority threads:

Spoiler

Guilds & Test mode

Links to guilds & test mode' threads:

Raids

Links to raids' threads (empty):

Spoiler

Dungeons

Links to dungeons' threads (empty):

Spoiler

Players, Profiles & Outfits

Links to players, profiles & outfits' threads:

Rituals & Unique Gems

Links to rituals & Unique gems' threads:

Spoiler

Retrievals 

Links to retrievals' threads (empty):

Spoiler

General

Nice features that a lot of people would be happy with.

(*) Controversal idea

Links to general threads (empty):

Spoiler

Policy Dependent

Complicated or strongly game-changing suggestions, any use of these in any way is completely up to Zeptolabs' policy.

(*) Controversal idea

Links to policy dependent threads:

Permanent

Anything always warmly welcomed, but cant be fully satisfied.

• More castle upgrades (ie. gem mine upgrades, max gold capacity upgrades, upgrade time reduction, etc.)  [multiple threads - see links]
  • More maps and traps  [multiple threads - see links]
  • More Game modes & challenges (ie. Thief races, arena on a global dungeon, other minigames)  [multiple threads - see links]
  • More guild levels
  • More missions in missions tab
  • New UG abilities
  • More Halloween chest themed special events 
  • New utilities (Gravity gear [WL-p17], ice, airflows, water, portals, etc...)  [Any links welcomed here!]

Links to permanent request threads:

Spoiler

Edited by Oliver666666, 16 April 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Lavarock

Lavarock

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

Cool, good job ;)
TqcV6cG.jpg

#3 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 958 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

Very good thread. I'm not sure about trap skins/outfits though, it makes things less clear in my opinion. And a cancel trap upgrade option should definitely be implemented IMO. A graph-like statistic for gem count (and possibly more things) so you can see your overall progress over time would be rad, too. :D

thief1.png 53,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#4 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:12 PM

Yep. These are all mentioned with their pros and cons. I really like the idea of level 4 trap reskin at 23.

Edited by Sotherogue, 04 January 2016 - 02:11 AM.

Level 192, Gem Score: 21,600,000, proud member of Brown Bear
giphy.gif

#5 Trabantt

Trabantt

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIn the disable trap-potion factory of the guild oWn.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:14 PM

Well let's rewiew it!

AGREEABLE
-edit mode coordinates:YES!
-potions in test mode (or edit mode):NO! Too OP for the really skilled players. Just no.
-tile editing (gold mine, throne, castle button locations): Useless as it only serves for skulling.
-dungeon decorations (trees, door deco, banners, arrows etc): Why not!
-tier 4 trap image (either around 22+, or for future lvl 30+ traps): Yeah!
-trap skins/outfits:Yup!
-totemius rewards:Deffinetly bring back orbs for top 3. Even if only the 1st goes to KoK, just give more orbs.
-"do you want to start the ritual" on/off toggle button. Deafault: on: Not a must-to do, but gets a yes from me.
-"do you want to collect your skulls" on/off toggle button. Default: off: No way! Skulling is NOT supported.
-"tap to break in" text fade away: Absolutely!
-any kind of statistics: Hard to do, but won't hurt.
-lock organisation (you pick which lock is the real one, etc.): Could be.

QUESTIONABLE
-door spawn direction changeable: I tend to say no, like others, but some say yes, so i would hold it off.

-flipped bases: THIS... is the greatest ideea of all time!!!   http://forum.kingoft...ing#entry105494
-gem retrieval gold bounty: Meh, could be, but noting awesome.
-new castle upgrades (gem mine upgrades, max gold capacity upgrades, key/lock buffing/nerfing, etc.): No need for those. More like 'more keys' or 'purple locks-2 keys and gold locks-4 keys'.
-new maps and traps: 
http://forum.kingoft...ing#entry105494 Traps not really right now.
-cancel trap upgrade (0% refund to avoid gold stacking): Useless.
-more lock mechanics: Suggest some, i'm too lazy :)

Overall looking and gameplay upgrades.

EDIT: Somebody said before gods, from 25%orbs it went down to 9%orbs. Ridiculous decrease!

Maxed locks are WAY too OP.

Edited by Trabantt, 31 December 2015 - 01:16 PM.

Me is awesome, me has gems, me has money, me has good traps...

Me loves forums, me loves games, me loves funny stuff...

Me loves King Of Thieves!

#6 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the thorough reading, ill try to answer all your questions. Im glad most of the nays fell in the questionable list.

1) either the tile editing or the skull collection confirmation is a must. More than half the bases have the gold mines next to choke points/saw placements, where it is impossible to click a tile without collecting your skulls. Its lucky enough you can swipe up to enter your castle. Why punish non skullers for the actions of others? Non skullers have to save up skulls for almost 24h to start the next trap upgrade.

I myself do not support skulling either and yes this helps them too, but it wont effect the number of people skulling much in my opinion.

2) potions in test mode is a buff for middle class, not he top. Top players either know the layouts good enough already, or just use pots on the first time they encounter it. A middle class player does not have the luxory of wasting pots on scrub bases.

Due to the neccesarity of 1), and the support from many players for 2) i will leave them in the agreeable part for now, of course its all subject to change!

3)more lock mechanics examples (these were all subject to huge arguement, so no point in saying they are bad or good. If implemented, zeptolab will balance it, and alter it a lot)

-choosing your lock composition (ie anyone with max locks can choose what number (4-12) and color locks they use on the door, including mixes

-locks behind locks (totaling to a max of 6 keys worth in a line)

-poison locks
I was hugely against this but an idea is an idea.

@Aluce

Yes you are right, trap skins would be a hard choice for zeptolab. Lots of players would like it cause why not, but it indeed might effect raiding. Unlike thief outfit, its a defender based setting
Im sure that zeotolab would consider this if it were to be implemented. There are many solutions like

i) high contrast edge colors, like current default skins.
ii) a toggle for the raider to turn off skins while raiding
iii) skins can only be seen by owners, and guildmates (this would probably be my most terrible idea)
iv) the raider has to buy the outfits and sees them in his own and maybe all other bases, the defender sees the outfits in the replay but not in his dungeon.
Etc....

Edited by Oliver666666, 31 December 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#7 nillynils

nillynils

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

- When someone retrieves your gem and ritual is still in process, have the chance to keep that gem instead of being turned to gold

skull%20sig_zpsk4jbyzua.jpg

#8 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

- When someone retrieves your gem and ritual is still in process, have the chance to keep that gem instead of being turned to gold

Is this your new idea or did i miss a thread about this? How would that work exactly? Would you get to choose to stop the ritual? That is a very reasonable suggestion if i understood you correctly

#9 Huse

Huse

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

From what I've heard, your last suggestion won't work. Since the locks work server-side so that you can't cheat to know which one is the good one, the game basically chooses a number between 1 and the maximum number of locks and you will have to open that many. The position of the locks doesn't matter at all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#10 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

Fix the respawn mechanics because otherwise some of the bases are almost impossible. E.G. base 63, 96, 41. But only for those bases. That can make a base that takes like two minutes to save, but it is very pixel perfect. Then retrieval isn't so unbalanced. Also make the chances for retrieval go off the stats for the throne and gem defense.

Is this your new idea or did i miss a thread about this? How would that work exactly? Would you get to choose to stop the ritual? That is a very reasonable suggestion if i understood you correctly

you could choose a gem to delete, or have it go in one of the mines?

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#11 nillynils

nillynils

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

as far as i know it is my new idea lol haven't seen a thread about it...

I'm thinking either you get your retrieved gem after your current ritual is over (either in a gem slot or in an empty totem slot) 

or you have the option to get gold for it, instead of it automatically being turned into gold if you have no slots for that gem.

does that make sense? 

Edited by nillynils, 31 December 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#12 Heinz

Heinz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

I think there were threads about increase the chance to retrieve a stolen gem which is very agreeable in my opinion. You finish the dungeon flawless respin multiple times and didn't get anything. That's not fair

And live attacks would be great as well

Edit:

Here is a link for increase the chance to retrieve a gem. Maybe it is not in percentage but the problem is mentioned
http://forum.kingoft...s/?fromsearch=1

Edited by Heinz, 02 January 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#13 nillynils

nillynils

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

I think it would also be nice to see how many people attacked your base as part of a retrieval. We should get gold from the skulls at least

#14 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

From what I've heard, your last suggestion won't work. Since the locks work server-side so that you can't cheat to know which one is the good one, the game basically chooses a number between 1 and the maximum number of locks and you will have to open that many. The position of the locks doesn't matter at all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is true. However i do not see it impossible to alter the encrypted data in a way that you have to open that specific lock. I do see a chance that it would require communicating with the server after pressing each lock. The programmers probably know what they can and cant do anyway, so theres no harm in leaving the idea there

#15 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

I think there were threads about increase the chance to retrieve a stolen gem which is very agreeable in my opinion. You finish the dungeon flawless respin multiple times and didn't get anything. That's not fair

And live attacks would be great as well

Could you link in the retrieve bonus threads? Even pm would do. I know there were many of them and a little organization would help a lot. I added it to the questionable section but i need your help if you want it to stay permanently.

As for live attacks i remember we concluded it would lag the attacker, and discarded it. Correct me if im wrong

Edited by Oliver666666, 31 December 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#16 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

as far as i know it is my new idea lol haven't seen a thread about it...

I'm thinking either you get your retrieved gem after your current ritual is over (either in a gem slot or in an empty totem slot)
or you have the option to get gold for it, instead of it automatically being turned into gold if you have no slots for that gem.

does that make sense?

I think i got you, but i would open a topic in "ideas" section and post it there. It should undergo discussion, and i think with tweaking, the community would like it. A lot of people probably have something to say about that

#17 NotANewb

NotANewb

I am so unlucky, if I bought a cemetery, people will stop dying

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationIn the Milky Way, In the Solar System, On Earth, In North America, In Canada, in B.C., but I can not tell you any more

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

How about a 2 slots where we put gems to put in the totem automatically if a gem gets stolen and the person is offline? ---->http://forum.kingoft...al-re-starting/

Also for the dungeon upgrade cancelling but 0% refund, how about we can cancel the upgrade only in the first 30 secs of purchasing and 100% refund--->http://forum.kingoft...eling-upgrades/
(These have been discussed if u have questions^)

Edited by NotANewb, 01 January 2016 - 05:34 AM.

Rvauki6.png

Compliments to OnProch97

#18 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

How about a 2 slots where we put gems to put in the totem automatically if a gem gets stolen and the person is offline? ---->http://forum.kingoft...al-re-starting/

Also for the dungeon upgrade cancelling but 0% refund, how about we can cancel the upgrade only in the first 30 secs of purchasing and 100% refund--->http://forum.kingoft...eling-upgrades/
(These have been discussed if u have questions^)

Added the second, and the first one is getring a lot of positive chatter, ill add that top when it cools down :)

Edited by Oliver666666, 01 January 2016 - 08:28 AM.

#19 Gian

Gian

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

My idea is getting a lot of positivity (and only 1 negative feedback). But i think you should add it to the questionable:

http://forum.kingoft...35-thief-races/

Luck and skill equals to fortunium, which is an element that makes you very awesome in games IF IT EXISTED...

~Gian

#20 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2105 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

My idea is getting a lot of positivity (and only 1 negative feedback). But i think you should add it to the questionable:

http://forum.kingoft...35-thief-races/

Added, and since it effects gameplay so much it indeed fits the category. Separating challenges from normal raiding is not a bad idea at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users