Making Apple TV experience betterAppletv
Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:01 AM
1. When collecting skulls, clicking either one of them will collect them all. Therefore there is absolutely no need to let me cycle through each individual skull with my pointer when all I'm trying to do is navigate through the menus, it just makes it so that I have to swipe 50 times to reach the attack button. Pick a single selectable skull and highlight them all when I'm over it to let me know that I'm about to collect them.
2. Typing via apple tv remote is painful, so I typically stay quiet in the chat (I wish apple allowed the mic button to input text, not just invoke siri), but I still want to be useful to my guild mates. One of the easiest ways to do so is by solving their mazes, however then I have to bring up the awkward keyboard and type "player1 ez base", and even that takes a good 30 seconds. It would help a ton if the game automatically tracked who beat the maze and put it in chat as well. For example, say I test the base, perform 5 attempts and beat it on the 4th and 5th try. The game could then output to chat "ubernoober beat daisy's base 2/5 times" which would let daisy know that she needs to work on it more.
3. The swipy apple tv directional controls work ok on typical apple tv menus with few large options. In KoT, with many smaller options on each screen they're painful and some options can be very hard to get to, especially when the game decides to toggle between 2 other options that happen to be nearby (skulls being one such example). I don't have a perfect solution for this but I've noticed that it's typically the more important/permanent option that suffers from this (i.e. scroll arrow being obstructed by "test the player's dungeon" button). Perhaps detecting the swiping speed and allowing faster swipes to reach the more permanent controls, skipping over the clutter, would solve this while retaining the current level of precision with slower swipes. Or alternatively separate choices into relevant groups and have slow swipes only stay within the given group, while fast swipe exit to a different group (i.e. Potions are a group, gem slots are a group, sell gem option is a different group, keyholes are a group so I don't accidentally quit the lockpick screen after unlocking half - did you know that doing so will reset the lockpick counter for the flawless status and screw the player out of lock picks?)
4. When I'm at the bottom/top of a chat window (or the world map screen) and scroll in the same direction, the cursor just moves focus to whatever the closest nearby selectable element is. If I'm lucky, it will be the down/up arrow that will let me scroll in that direction. If I'm not, it will do the annoying toggle loop I described in #3. Why not simply make the chat/map scroll in that direction automatically when I'm already at the bottom and continue swiping further down?
5. Since apple tv makes it much easier to fat-finger unintended options (I've already lost multiple orbs accidentally respinning at 5% chance gem when I didn't mean to) can you add an additional confirmation prompt to destructive options like that on apple tv?
That's all that comes to mind for now.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:27 PM
Edit: side note I appreciate your comments and suggestions for Apple TV app improvement. You should submit official feedback to Zeptolab because it may not be read or acted on only from this forum post.
I only played in on the aTV a few times and while fun it's not the same as on the phone. Especially when trying to get out of the blue spinner spawn trap!
Edited by Dub, 27 January 2016 - 03:29 PM.
- محمد اتشو likes this
Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:31 AM
Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:25 AM
How do you update the LEVEL of each individual trap item in your dungeon, when you are in EDIT mode?
It seems to only work at random, and I am unable to update the level of each trap item in my dungeon. Until I can purchase a better gaming remote, is there an easier way to do this on the Apple TV remote (newest generation of Apple TV). Thank you!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users