Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

What I wish I knew when I started KOT

new player how do I what should I upgrade saw jumps traps rescources guild perfects

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

correct, as long as you died to a trap and didn't suicide/start over. 

It took me a few weeks of experimenting with DT to figure out that it works like that. No one ever posted about it on the forum either back then, so you had to figure it out for yourself.

#22 Astaramis

Astaramis

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationTraveling around the world with LSD&Co.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

I wish I knew all those things when I was a newbie xD
Still now some of them are helpful, thanks :3

Sometimes I make weird comments out of grammar or context, or, simply, I misinterpret the whole thing. Forgive me, I try as well as I can  ( ̄∇ ̄")

#23 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I Belong

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:52 AM

Something everyone should know:

Upgrade traps like you sad

AND getting prepared for level 45

You can't blame people who weren't prepared, it isn't stated anywhere, and not everyone goes to the forums for tips, at least outside of english speaking countries.

I think that would be fine.

Good luck and have fun!

---Max from ThunderCatz Guild (Profile pic made by Chaos)

ThunderCatz%20Banner_zpse526sxdd.png

#24 RyanBaker

RyanBaker

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:17 AM

I don't know abot you guys , but i'm a level 30 with keys at level 11 and lock at past lvl

#25 RyanBaker

RyanBaker

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

And If you stay 2-5 hours in this game , it Will be easy for you

#26 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGeffi's Training School

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

It took me a few weeks of experimenting with DT to figure out that it works like that. No one ever posted about it on the forum either back then, so you had to figure it out for yourself.

The other thing related to the disable trap potion that took waaaaay too long to learn (and wasn't ever posted on the forums that I know of) is about how each trap set in a dungeon has a "main trap".  If you use a DT potion at the start of a raid (without having died yet), the trap that gets disabled isn't always random as the potion description would suggest.  The one that gets disabled the large majority of the time is the main trap.  

To figure out which is the main trap of your dungeon, go to dungeon edit mode, and place all three traps on top of each other in the same square.  The trap that is on the "bottom" of the pile, the one in the background of the other two, is the main trap. To confirm, when all three are on top of each other, touch that square to move one trap off the pile. Whichever trap moves is the main trap.   

You can use this to your advantage a little bit.  Most skilled/experienced players will only use a DT potion after dying to the trap they want to disable, but less experienced/skilled players are probably more likely to use a potion at the start.  So make sure that your "main trap" as determined above isn't the most crucial trap in your defense or makes the dungeon significantly easier.  Also, keeping track of which trap is the main trap in which dungeon as you play through different dungeons can also be used later if you've got a good memory. 

Edited by Scoot, 17 March 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#27 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

The other thing related to the disable trap potion that took waaaaay too long to learn (and wasn't ever posted on the forums that I know of) is about how each trap set in a dungeon has a "main trap".  If you use a DT potion at the start of a raid (without having died yet), the trap that gets disabled isn't always random as the potion description would suggest.  The one that gets disabled the large majority of the time is the main trap.  

To figure out which is the main trap of your dungeon, go to dungeon edit mode, and place all three traps on top of each other in the same square.  The trap that is on the "bottom" of the pile, the one in the background of the other two, is the main trap. To confirm, when all three are on top of each other, touch that square to move one trap off the pile. Whichever trap moves is the main trap.   

You can use this to your advantage a little bit.  Most skilled/experienced players will only use a DT potion after dying to the trap they want to disable, but less experienced/skilled players are probably more likely to use a potion at the start.  So make sure that your "main trap" as determined above isn't the most crucial trap in your defense or makes the dungeon significantly easier.  Also, keeping track of which trap is the main trap in which dungeon as you play through different dungeons can also be used later if you've got a good memory. 

Why did you tell that to me? I've been playing the game for over a year, I know how DT works.  :lol:  :lol:

#28 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Why did you tell that to me? I've been playing the game for over a year, I know how DT works.  :lol:  :lol:

It wasn't directed at you, I know you've been playing since the beginning. Just quoted it since it was a related topic...

#29 deniss168

deniss168

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:52 AM

I wish I never gathered xp too fast. I'm level 45 with traps that max level is 8.

That means if you have lvl 41+ everyone level above can raid you. 

#30 Hannes

Hannes

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

I wish I knew that as long as you are online no one can raid you. Figured that out when I already was playing for some weeks. I restarted the game though and with the tips I read on the forum it's much easier and more fun for me now,

Another tip from me to the new players: Don't upgrade the max limit of gold for you're mine at the beginning, specially when you play much. Try to upgrade the max amount of keys and the upgrade to reduce the time for new keys instead.

Also try to upgrade you're traps asap. To get gold, raid as much as you can, that way you get much more gold you can use for other upgrades.

#31 Fosforos

Fosforos

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:12 AM

I'm just gonna point out few things

*Preference blue & red gems especially at start, start full ritual of red/blue gem and finish it, you will get Gang of Thieves or Trap Disable potion. This is easier done in the beginning stages of game, when gems are pretty easily stolen from noobs and pretty low ritual times. 
*Preferably don't waste alot of potions in the beginning stages of game. Once you get to about level 25 you will start seeing better gems that silver lining, and you want them, and usually at this stages dungeons will get actually hard.
*Orb your biggest ritual atleast once after league, it will save alot of inventory place and you may get higher delta rating. (if you don't use money)
*Raid only when you really need gems/coins, don't raid when your inventory is full of good gems, hunt for better gems always with silver lining once they start appearing in your level.
*If you have too much keys, retrieve guildmates gems and do single player, preferably just 1 star 7 death them. You can later get 3 star and full coin reward is about 5000-7000 from last levels, 3 star them when you need money. Also every gem mine is 1000 rating more and it is very helpful. 
Don't max ritual with your best gems and leave it so. Your dungeon will be raided ASAP with every pot possible and you can be sure they will respin as long they have orbs. Do rituals something like this so theres not much risk: 1 good gem, 1 less better gem and 1 scrubby gem. This way only rare few may risk to use potions on raid. 
*Practice your guildmates dungeons. This will help to intuitively know traps and paths alot better and maybe even see dungeon solution just by looking it. 
*Upgrade your traps without preferably orbing, leave scrubby rituals maybe with one good gem, so if less better gets stolen you may replace it with even better gem. Good tactic is to start upgrading your traps as your ritual is at the end, so raider may get that scrubby gem and you replace it with even better. With this you will save inventory place, progress faster and gain higher rating.
*Try to get fast as possible atleast 7. level traps. Every trap is effective if used correctly. 
*Upgrade your thrones ASAP for higher hp so 7+ death 2 star dungeons easily with low level traps.
*Prioritize only Revitalizing Heartbeat. Get 1 level master lockpicker & totem tooth, upgrade them if you are missing tears for Revitalizing Heartbeat and out of money if you want. Don't buy Ritual Berserker if you don't use money alot. 2 minute from ritual per raid is just nothing after beginning, getting 200 tears takes so long that you will be in middle game until so. 
*Don't upgrade your locks, chest size, money regeneration, only maybe few first levels cause they're so cheap, but they're pretty much useless IMO. Your dungeon will be raided anyway by even a better player than the other noob with low keys. You want to welcome noobs to your dungeon with low level locks. Also you will save money and time. 
*Seek active & skilled guild from forums preferably, the ones that game suggests are usually bad, in-active and low skilled. You want to be in skilled clan so your gems may be retrieved with higher chance, and of course active. 

Hope this helps somebody, didn't look other posts if I said some same things. 

Edited by Fosforos, 10 May 2016 - 03:28 AM.

9xheMfv.png

#32 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

Don't max ritual with your best gems and leave it so. Your dungeon will be raided ASAP with every pot possible and you can be sure they will respin as long they have orbs. Do rituals something like this so theres not much risk: 1 good gem, 1 less better gem and 1 scrubby gem. This way only rare few may risk to use potions on raid. 

I would disagree with this, especially as you level up.  At higher levels, almost everyone has a throne with a decent/good Best Gem Pick chance, so the majority of the time your best gem is going to get stolen out of the totem.  Not always, but more than the smaller two gems.  

And people are going to throw potions at the dungeon regardless if there's one good gem or three good gems.  

IMO it's better to do as close to equal rituals as possible.  All silver lined, all small spikes, all deep spikes, etc.  Try to avoid having large discrepancies in the gems in the totem.  For example, I would rather ritual three 15k gems [Total of 45k] instead of 10k, 10k, 25k [Total of 45k also]. Because in the second example, the 25k is going to get stolen the majority of the time, and you're risking 25k of 45k [55.5% of the total] vs. risking only 15k of 45k [33.3% of the total] in the first example. 

Edited by Scoot, 12 May 2016 - 06:12 PM.

#33 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:06 AM

I would disagree with this, especially as you level up.  At higher levels, almost everyone has a throne with a decent/good Best Gem Pick chance, so the majority of the time your best gem is going to get stolen out of the totem.  Not always, but more than the smaller two gems.  
And people are going to throw potions at the dungeon regardless if there's one good gem or three good gems.  

IMO it's better to do as close to equal rituals as possible.  All silver lined, all small spikes, all deep spikes, etc.  Try to avoid having large discrepancies in the gems in the totem.  For example, I would rather ritual three 15k gems [Total of 45k] instead of 10k, 10k, 25k [Total of 45k also]. Because in the second example, the 25k is going to get stolen the majority of the time, and you're risking 25k of 45k [55.5% of the total] vs. risking only 15k of 45k [33.3% of the total] in the first example.

I agree with both; Scoot, you are correct for every level above 5.
However, I have experienced on an alternate account that levels 1-5 will use triple potion no matter what. I had traps upgrading, 2k in totem and no gems, and three raiders used potions. Noobs do what the tutorial tells them, and often in your first ten raids, the game tells them to use potions.

Level 192, Gem Score: 21,600,000, proud member of Brown Bear
giphy.gif

#34 Chervey

Chervey

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Nice guide.

When you create a world, you should survive living in it twice in a row. So...

Enjoy Hardcore.

Lv 67/  10M+ Gems

Official noob player 

chervey-ex1qgzlf.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new player, how do I, what should I, upgrade, saw jumps, traps, rescources, guild, perfects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users