11 replies to this topic

#1 XxXSoNGoKuXxX

XxXSoNGoKuXxX

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hello All  !

So am writing about a serious problem am facing in KOT for a long time and finally am writing about it.

The problem is :

Lets begin with the recent scenario happened 16 min ago --->

some "dump" thief visited my dungeon and snatched my 24k gem(2 stars ,level 20 gem defense) , so i try to retrieve it and i fail(yeah it suck i know), so i have one last chance to get that "dump" by "REVENGE" option , when i choose to revenge i found a 1k gems in his totem doesn't even worth to be stole right?? ,BUT when I found him by his guild name , I found a 60k, 40k and at least 20k gems!!! sparkling in his totem waiting to be stolen by some brave man(me) , So whats the deal here???

SO HOW CAN I REVENGE FOR 1K GEMS , WHILE HE IS PUTTING 60K GEMS IN HIS TOTEM?????

#2 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

That's a game mechanic to prevent "gem trading / gem swapping". You can not see gems if they are over 15k

Edited by Lelu, 01 March 2016 - 08:45 PM.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#3 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Real gems in revenge = abuse
Discussed plenty of times already.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#4 XxXSoNGoKuXxX

XxXSoNGoKuXxX

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Real gems in revenge = abuse
Discussed plenty of times already.

it happens with me .. i revenged someone who stole me and i got from raiding his dungeon an 69 k Gem And that was in his totem -_-

Edited by XxXSoNGoKuXxX, 01 March 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#5 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

OP is probably unaware of the concept of gemswapping, so I'll elaborate.

The reason that you cannot steal gems bigger than 15k from a Revenge is because when a gem is retrieved, it is not actually stolen back; instead, a duplicate is produced. If it were possible to steal large gems during Revenge attacks, two friends could continuously attack eachother and duplicate their big gems arbitrarily often, breaking the game. Therefore, any gems that are generally considered "big" (which is at over 15k) will be replaced with a smaller virtual gem during the revenge.

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#6 XxXSoNGoKuXxX

XxXSoNGoKuXxX

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:32 PM

-__- as i stated before I REVENGED before and got a 69K gem from a guy who stole a 12K gem from me, I remember this because it happened recently and it wasn't the first or only time, so plz do not answer WITHOUT READING MY WHOLE RESPONSE ... thx :) 

#7 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:37 PM

I did read your whole response, and people answering you is right, it's not possible to get gems higher than 15k on a revenge since it was made that way after some "clever" thieves started to find each other and duped very high gems.. So unless we're talking about april 2015 or like 2 hours around october or november that script went bugged, no, you didn't find a 69k on a revenge.

#8 TinyPixel

TinyPixel

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDhaka

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

Oh the irony... Thieves are expected to be honest and fair.  :lol:

A8jx4Cn.png?1

Take a break, view some art, or show some love.

#9 Talon

Talon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWow, you looked at my location. This is why I don't speak to stangers.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

I did read your whole response, and people answering you is right, it's not possible to get gems higher than 15k on a revenge since it was made that way after some "clever" thieves started to find each other and duped very high gems.. So unless we're talking about april 2015 or like 2 hours around october or november that script went bugged, no, you didn't find a 69k on a revenge.

It seems like Zeptolab are completely lying to us, it makes the game seem wrong if the gems we steal back from revenge arn't actually real...

#10 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

It's even more wrong to let people exploit game mechanics which is why fake revenge gems exist in first place :P and it was officially stated in the forums by the time they were implemented.

#11 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1050 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Back in November I stole a 25.5k gem in a revenge.  I know that's what it was because I checked my chat logs.  Not sure if it was a real gem and the cap for replacing gems was raised, or if it was a fake gem and the cap for the value of fakes was raised.  Also not sure if the cap for either may have been higher for a time and has changed since then.

#12 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

Back in November I stole a 25.5k gem in a revenge. I know that's what it was because I checked my chat logs. Not sure if it was a real gem and the cap for replacing gems was raised, or if it was a fake gem and the cap for the value of fakes was raised. Also not sure if the cap for either may have been higher for a time and has changed since then.

Fakes were raised to 30k a while ago, but I'm not sure that affected revenges, so I stick with the 15k since I've not seen otherwise. There was a small period of time where you could find deeps as fakes but if I remember well, they capped at 50k and never got to see one in a revenge, hence that's why on the first idea I think values from fakes in raids vs fakes in revenges might differ, but in any case, unless it was 2.0 or that wacky morning where revenging would show you the real gems, I've never seen yet a deep in a revenge ever, even less a 50k+ one...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problem, gems, totem, ritual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users