Photo

WTF Zeptolab!? Can you please explain this?!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

Look at the timestamps and read the guesses.
I was the most accurate and I posted before THREE of the winners!

Also, as you can see, my post was NOT edited.

So, I should've been a winner.

WTF?

AGLyohg.jpg

#2 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

Maybe the winners were chosen randomly

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#3 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:50 PM

The post said:

"Five people who guess exactly what trap will be added (or at least will be very close to the truth) will get 500 orbs."

‚ÄčIt didn't say anything about a random drawing.

The five CLOSEST guesses were the winners.

If anyone guessed EXACTLY what it would do, it would be me.

Why should "fire canon" or "it will kill you by fire" deserve to win over my guess?

How is that fair?

#4 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

Assuming you're Stefano, it will have been because you had numerous guesses, rather than one, which automatically gives you an unfair advantage. Naturally, I could have given 350 attempts, all unique, and one may have been right, but one person, with one logical assumption would deserve it more than I do - that's my $0.02, anyway.

If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#5 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

You can always complain to zeptolab. Were you the one who put in multiple guests? That may explain the fact you had no reward.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#6 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

Nope. Has nothing to do with multiple guesses. 

First of all, look at the last winner, he had multiple guesses. He also guessed "tracker missile".

But, secondly, observe the highlighted portion of Zeptolab's FB post:

srrhJNJ.jpg

#7 Segaco

Segaco

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

The post said:

"Five people who guess exactly what trap will be added (or at least will be very close to the truth) will get 500 orbs."

‚ÄčIt didn't say anything about a random drawing.

The five CLOSEST guesses were the winners.

If anyone guessed EXACTLY what it would do, it would be me.

Why should "fire canon" or "it will kill you by fire" deserve to win over my guess?

How is that fair?

Pretty sure they took a few names that guessed the trap and used random.org to decide the winners

#8 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

Pretty sure they took a few names that guessed the trap and used random.org to decide the winners

That wouldn't be the least bit fair.

As I pointed out, the post said that the 5 EXACT RIGHT or CLOSEST guesses would win.

Clearly mine would've been the most exact guess.

Also, why would it be fair to randomize the winner, when all the late posters do is copy the guesses of those above them?

It's only fair to give the win to the five closest guesses in the order in which they were guessed. 

Edited by zaepian, 11 March 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#9 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2949 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

Either they selected them randomly or considered you were as close as a "bird spewing fire" or a "fire cannon" with your "flamethrower" since thechnically, it's a dragon.

#10 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

Either they selected them randomly or considered you were as close as a "bird spewing fire" or a "fire cannon" with your "flamethrower" since thechnically, it's a dragon.

Again, random selection was not specified and would not be at all fair.

And, if they considered me "as close as" the other guesses, then I still should've won because I posted before 3 of the winners.

So, with what you're saying it would've had to have been BOTH me considered an equal guess AND random selection for me to loose.

If that were so, why would that be fair?

My guess was definitely closer than anyone else's and submitted before most other people.

I think we can all agree my guess deserved to win.

I'd like to hear from Zeptolab why it didn't.

#11 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

You'd be better off sending an email to support if you don't want to hear our input and only Zeptolab's, you're more likely to get an official response there. :)

If, in a situation of injustice, you choose neutrality, you're choosing the side of the oppressor.
The problem with most of us these days is we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Posted Image

#12 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

You'd be better off sending an email to support if you don't want to hear our input and only Zeptolab's, you're more likely to get an official response there. :)

I never said I didn't want the communities input. (Although, so far I haven't yet read a solid counterpoint - and didn't necessarily expect to. Figured the community would see the obvious and agree on the subject)

But what I said was, I want to hear what Zeptolab has to say about the matter.

That was in addition to, not in lieu of.

#13 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

Still, I'd recommend emailing support, even if it's in addition to the thread, as it's still likely you'll get a much faster response there. :)

Posted Image

#14 zaepian

zaepian

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

Still, I'd recommend emailing support, even if it's in addition to the thread, as it's still likely you'll get a much faster response there. :)

Yeah, I've already done that as well as start this thread and post on FaceBook.
I went down every avenue at my disposal - Twitter being the one exception. 

I don't like tweeting much.

#15 Buguinho

Buguinho

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

Veeery sorry for you.
But I think one of the winners should be whomever suggested a fire cannon eons ago

e0j1xtN.png

Keep calm and
Design new dungeons...

#16 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2158 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Ive seen bigger problems. Once they gave out prizes saying the people who recieved prizes were the only ones who guessed correctly. Other people got it right also, causing a little trouble.

However you have the evaluation wrong. In this case they stated 5 people who guess correctly or near correctly will recieve a prize. And thats what happened. They did not say its random. They did not say the closest guesses will get prizes. For all we know they might have cut up pieces of paper, spread them on the floor, and got a dog to step on them, choosing winners this way.

#17 JackBowe

JackBowe

The Guru.

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

Ive seen bigger problems. Once they gave out prizes saying the people who recieved prizes were the only ones who guessed correctly. Other people got it right also, causing a little trouble.

However you have the evaluation wrong. In this case they stated 5 people who guess correctly or near correctly will recieve a prize. And thats what happened. They did not say its random. They did not say the closest guesses will get prizes. For all we know they might have cut up pieces of paper, spread them on the floor, and got a dog to step on them, choosing winners this way.

Can we just appreciate how amazingly creative that way of choosing winners is.

Posted Image

#18 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:31 AM

Can we just appreciate how amazingly creative that way of choosing winners is.

Jack does have a point...

#19 Segaco

Segaco

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

So basically, RNG

#20 Stiv

Stiv

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 64 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

Hi guys.

Each time when we have a guessing contest, we receive a lot of correct (or "close to the truth") answers. And among all the correct answers we need to choose a few winners.
Please, let's make it a rule that if there is no other conditionals in the post, winners are choosing randomly among everybody who guessed the answer (or was very close to it). To avoid this situation in future, we will try to mention it in future.

Sorry you feel offended, zaepian. Contest should be fun and interesting, they shouldn't be offended. 

P.S. Unfortunately, we don't have a dog in our office, Oliver. But if we have it in future, now we know what it will do :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users