• Watcher
  • 2121 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

Want to see this dialog pop up?

DiPJ3fa.png

Then I have a message for you:

You can do it!

You dont have to be a top spender to be the King of Kings. King of thieves is play to win. I have succesfully taken the throne two times (March 2016, February 2017), and I will write down some tips to anyone who would like to take on the crown. Note that some things may have changed over almost a year, so I will try and keep the numbers & tips up to date. 

First, i will post my preparations, and my main tactics used to win my KOKL (King of Kings League). Then in my next 3 replies, i will talk about actual stuff that happend in that battle.

Preparations

1) Save up some orbs. My first round cost me only 2500 orbs. Its not hard to save up. I ran for KOK with a budget of 3.5K orbs, and had leftovers. On my second round, I used up 9000 orbs, because i was fighting another top player for the throne. However 3000 orbs is still an up-top-date number and should be more than enough as long as you follow some other guidlines.

I estimate farming of 750 orbs a week is possible for freemium players. Without any effort, its easily around 500.

• 200 from winning a gods league and demotion next round (that 7th day fills in for using smaller gods leagues to win instead of totemius)
  • 150 from weekly challenges
  • 60 from winning guild battles (again, that 7th day fills to calculate lost battles)
  • 210 = 30 orbs a day (up to around 30-50 is possible i believe) from doors = 210
  • 15 orbs for leveling up 3 times
  • 20 orbs a week by watching just 3 ads a day (i dont do this :P [ads for one free orb were removed :( ]
  • 45 orbs by putting in a Unique gem for the last few minutes of a ritual and bieng online for that time. (Cant do it with every ritual, but works frequently)
  • 50 orbs a week from the maze if you are lucky

Keep in mind you can also earn 5-7 potions a day from doors. thats also around a value of 300 extra orbs a week!

I stacked around 20/20/50/20/10 and used almost all of them (except ghost pot lol), saving me around 600 orbs
This is why you should always pop keys into doors. If you dont want to raid much, just retrieve a few gems.

Also, although it was reduced, guild seasons still gives a few orbs, up to 500 a month for the top prize.

2) Pick a date (Sounds simple, but this is actually very critical.)

For example, my week schedule enables a Wednesday-Friday time where i could play a lot. Thats why it was obvious i will only go for KOK when it falls into this range. Leagues are 3 days long, so a league starts on the same day every 21 days. thats once in every 3 weeks. Only settle for the best time.

(Note: if you assume you play the win totemius/lose totemius role to farm orbs, you may have to stay in league once without promotion/demotion so you get into the KOK league you want to participate in. Or if you can play a lot, the top 30 in KOKL are not demoted after the round ends.)

3) Do your Homework (Literally, and figuratively)

3/a) Work ahead as much as you can, so you can play more. More time = more gems  :)

3/b) Lookout for potentiol competition. Do research, ask around in your guild, and check in telegram applications' and FB AAF rooms, You DO NOT want to go for KOK when a person with 30k orbs is about to go for KOK. You have to bail in time so you dont lose much. If you are well informed, pulling back won't cause a lot of wasted effort.

For example, there was a guy in the telegram chat room, who posted he has 30k orbs, and that he wants the KOK outfit a few hours before KOK league starts.
To my best of luck, I noticed he was still in totemius, and when I checked every name in KOKL, he wasnt there. The poor guy lost totemius. That was my green light in the morning to go for KOK. Untill I checked every name in the league, it would have been a mistake to even try.

3) Investigate the guild battles of the top guilds. When top guilds are put together in a guild battle, they will play harder to beat each other. This will both create indirect competition in KOKL, and also these guilds will vacuum up som gold gems.

A lazy way to do this is to check the scores about 12-24 hours after the league starts. If you see multiple players from the same guild in the top 5-10, that indicates potential competition. (If anyone has a significant lead, it may not neccesarily mean they are going for the throne. Sometimes players are lucky and snatch up remaining giveaways, so dont be afraid to try and beat them.)

Tactics

1) Make a budget. you should divide your orbs in to categories. For example, i estimated my budget to be:

• 1500 orbs for respins (Wouldn't want to leave any gold gems out there ;) )
  • 1500 orbs for insta rituals. Thats right, a mere 15 instant rituals should be sufficient.
  • 500 orbs mostly for potions, and backup

A Budget plan is most important. it lets you see what are the smallest gems you will raid, and what gems to go for. My budget plan told me, it would be a most awful approach to raid for deep spiked silvers, as it would cost a tremendous amount of orbs to free up the slots afterwords. (On my second run, I raided for deep spiked silvers also, and that showed on the total spendature of 9K orbs)

Due to the cost of orbing rituals, raiding for deep spiked gems equals around 1k orbs/1M gemscore. Whereas if you skip more, you can steal a potencially semiperfect for around 50 orbs. You do the math.

My approach was:

• Raid the easy deep spikeds, but dont really bother for them. Skip any base you can't 3 star with one or two potions.
  • Minimum one star anything bigger.
  • Max spin = 80 orbs (5 respins) on deep gold, one star, 320 on higher star ratings.
  • Max spin = 40 orbs (4 respins) on small gold, one star, 80 on higher star ratings .

As you can see, for a low budget, its obvious: Raid for gold gems only. Pick up the deep spikes with minimal orbs though if they are easy to steal though.

Potencially, you could get 1 semiperfect for every 100 orbs or less you start with. If you get just a quarter of this value in practice, you are in a good spot.

2) Gem hiding (be aware of it)

You dont have to use this ttactic. However you must assume others could be using it.

Commonly, people may intentionally lose a gem, to lower their deltas. this is scary because:

• You dont know that the person in second place could be hiding semiperfects, and pretending to have given up, with the intention of retrieveng them last second and beating you.
  • You dont know if the current leader is ahead by the difference in your score, or more.

Long story short, I just did my best not to lead by just under a constant of X times 999,999.

Example:

1st place: 4M

2nd place 3.2M.
In this case, player 2 could always stay behind by a few 100k, and retrieve a 1M gem near the end to beat player 1.

If this case applies near the end of round, start panicing and steal a few smaller gems that you would ordinarily not steal.

How to counter it? Just take a lot of screenshots of the top 10 people in the league, and make sure nobody is consistently dropping 1-2 million gems. 

3) Skipping time

Pay attention to what time of the day you are skipping. Sometimes I would steal millions in the morning, and then nothing for 6 hours. Make sure you are there to skip when the golds feel more likely.

For this reason, I made sure to wake up 30-60 minutes early on the second & third day (and yes it really paid off).
I assume that this was a time of day, when fewer players were active globally (or just on the same continent), and early skipping could get you to your gold gems more easily without as much competition.

Also keep in mind there are much more players on weekend usually! That is why i prefer pulling larger scores on weekdays.

4) "Tired competitors"

I made this tactic up, and it has worked so far. go to the hall of fame:
http://forum.kingoft...9-hall-of-fame/

Now notice, (if there is no competition between top players,) then after a battle ends with a 10M+ winner, the next one is usually much lower. Thats almost a 40% drop in gemscore required relatively. It is quite rare for the same player to go for KOK twice in a row (although possible), since it can be very tiresome in some cases.

This probably doesnt matter much, but it gave me some extra confidence.  :D

5) Watch out for login offset

After playing the game for 6 hours without taking a 3 hour break, you will be forced to take a 3 hour break. Time this so you don't get kicked out at times you could spend skipping. The easiest way to avoid any issues is taking a 3 hour break in the middle of the day. This is priceless, since getting kicked 1-2 hours before the league ends could cost you a victory. 

6) Take small breaks

Skipping is tiresome. skipping 6 hours in a row is even more so. If you fall into the zone, and just end up skipping with your brain half asleep, you could end up skipping 999k gems. With a fresh mind, you can avoid some of these situations. I tend to take a 10-15 minute break if I havent found even a deep spiked silver gem in the last 10 minutes and start seeing the same names over and over again, since when you continue skipping after the break, you will probably start finding different players.

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 09:59 AM.
updated

Some of my Images in older posts may be broken. If you see any broken images, please PM me to help find them and fix it. Thank you!

CN51gVj.gif

Zeptolab Support -- Community Wishlist -- Comprehensive KOT guide (Aluce) -- The (Pixel) Perfect Guide

How to post images -- A Freebies' guide to King of Thieves -- A Freebies' guide to winning KOK

#2 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

My Personal experience: Day 1

keep an eye on how slowly the orbs disappear! 

Morning: 

DEmSWcf.png

rough start to the league, jelly platform with the bounce-off-the-corner-into-the-totem-glitch jump.

txMIjVB.png

This one was a strong design in a casual base. Didnt die on the spinner first time, so it was really tough to dt the spinner AFTER dying to another trap first. I passed the spawn jumps enough times, and managed to dt the spinner in about 4 tries

CIVkm6q.png

Again a decent base. you had to slide a little before perfect corner jumping to avoid the homing. After dying to the spinner i used a combo of time slow pot, and strategically suiciding milliseconds after i failed the corner pop. Managed to dt the homing cannon and reach the totem with 6 deaths. 

Ho5ovgZ.png

A decent start to the battle. Ethan already played strong from the first minute.

A0qIWdx.png

This picture illustrates why you should go for the easy deep spiked gems. almost a baby gold. 

Mid-day:

XYED2p4.png

This base had a long runway perfect corner jump. i passed it on my first try. It hurt when i was approaching the rg again and realized i was about to fail. 

lXggywX.png

very OP platform base, i was happy to reach the totem at all. Spinner likes to be a big troll. didnt get it on the 40 orb respin so i stopped.

Afternoon:

rEMQHQi.png

Hard timing jump, i messed it up unfortunately. Statistics paid off luckily and got it.

sCWJM6A.png

My easiest raid in the battle. 110k :D

Notice how my dt 2x pots are almost all gone by the end of day 1. 

IEtMZDv.png

End of day 1 (I had a 500k hidden). KOK isnt that easy.

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 10:05 AM.

Some of my Images in older posts may be broken. If you see any broken images, please PM me to help find them and fix it. Thank you!

CN51gVj.gif

Zeptolab Support -- Community Wishlist -- Comprehensive KOT guide (Aluce) -- The (Pixel) Perfect Guide

How to post images -- A Freebies' guide to King of Thieves -- A Freebies' guide to winning KOK

#3 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

My Personal experience: Day 2

Morning:

x1ZvVhY.png

At first i was sad, but then it was a 300k. Easy base with pots :D

IO1H2JQ.png

Again the nearly impossible jelly base. quantity of raids over quality :D

JLauh4S.png

Good start to the day, the fight was intense here.

Mid-day: Didnt find much here, even though i spent hours skipping.

Afternoon: 

One starred a baby gold, no pic. sometime that stuff happens, i didnt even screenshot some of the others i one starred.

YnetvVn.png

After multiple hours of skipping, the first gold gems i found. skipped it. :(

99.9% triple semi. 

ivmg8Qa.png

KOK near the end of the day. Due to the times i find gold gems, i decided to stay up late for the night. Couldnt let him have such a big lead.

Late Night (didnt sleep much):

lmO0ueE.png

This one wasnt too hard with a dt. I think it had an upgrade cloud, but not sure.

uev1EBf.png

I have no excuse for this. lvl 22 traps, one in the wall. 8 deaths.... Well at least my noob luck was with me.

a9mJq75.png

Nothing much to talk about hare, move on.

LaItFwZ.png

Last raid of the night. hate that saw jump, couldnt dt the saw. No respin on this one though lol

End of day 2. 

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 10:10 AM.

CN51gVj.gif

#4 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

My Personal experience: Day 3

Morning:

kWpMV8y.png
Upgrade cloud on the edge of the long gravity jump. Not easy at all. 6 deaths = Awesome!

iPsiK9t.png
The last semi-perfect was the deal sealer for me. some competitors pretty much gave up around here.

0pg5hbZ.png
Yeah, missed some baby golds, not that important. One starred 1-2 others.

tWXa9FX.png
Last big steal of the day. not a too easy base but i made it.

From here i was pretty much just hoping that nobody was hiding 3 semiperfects to overtake me last second.

Conclusion:

• King of Kings won
  • Just under 7M delta (oh well, 6.9M is cool number :P )
  • 52M total gemscore (my favourite number)
  • level 200

tWrTCZP.png

Statistics:

• Deep golds stolen on 3 star: 1
  • Deep golds stolen on 2 star: 3
  • Deep golds stolen on 1 star: 4
  • Deep golds missed on any star rating: 3
  • Deep golds skipped: 2
  • Baby golds stolen on 3 star: 2
  • Baby golds stolen on 2 star: 2
  • Baby golds stolen on 1 star: 0
  • Baby golds missed on any star rating: 7
  • Baby golds skipped: 2

Rituals Orbed:

Every gem i stole, i fused into a semiperfect in one ritual (Usually 600k + 2 baby golds, or 800k + baby gold + deep spiked). This saved me a lot of orbs.

If i calculate well i finished 7-8 rituals with orbs, and 5 without orbs during that time, so thats around 800 orbs (i got a few times 15 orbs back by fusing unique gems into the mix).

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 10:15 AM.

CN51gVj.gif

#5 Magletavle

Magletavle

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

• Raid the easy deep spikeds, but dont really bother for them. skip any base you cant 3 star with a pot or two.
  • minimum one star anything bigger

I like the fact that you raided my 3 deep spikes with 11 deaths before quitting yesterday, though :D Anyways, gz with the title!

#6 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Where about in the world do you live (i.e: Which timezone)? It may help also.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

Please help me with my SMBX Project: Super Mario World at War

#7 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:20 AM

Where about in the world do you live (i.e: Which timezone)? It may help also.

EU, GMT+1 

Thats a big player pool that can be completely avoided by playing at unusual times :D

CN51gVj.gif

#8 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

So this looks like a convenient time really. But will be in about 2 weeks. Looks as if any lvl 45+ player could do this. It also helps that we can view the KoK league can be viewed once you reach the God's leagues.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

#9 Aniket

Aniket

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

i think you forgot to mention 'how many you orbed'

#10 DJBazz

DJBazz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

How the #!*# do you find that many golden gems? I find one in like 3 days.
How much skipping did you do?

#11 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

How the #!*# do you find that many golden gems? I find one in like 3 days.
How much skipping did you do?

I used a dt pot and 2x pot almost every half hour, to fill up around 400k-500k gold.

Saying i skipped around 8 hours a day, thats about 30M gold over 3 days. (Rough estimate)

So my answer is about 10,000 skips over 3 days.

CN51gVj.gif

#12 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

Is this pinned yet? 

AMAZING JOB, OLIVER.

Level 192, Gem Score: 21,600,000, proud member of Brown Bear
giphy.gif

#13 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

i think you forgot to mention 'how many you orbed'

True point there!

Every gem i stole, i fused into a semiperfect in one ritual (Usually 600k + 2 baby golds, or 800k + baby gold + deep spiked). This saved me a lot of orbs. If i calculate well i finished 7-8 rituals with orbs, and 5 without orbs during that time, so thats 800 orbs (i got a few times 15 orbs back by fusing unique gems into the mix).

Edit: i will add this to the guide section of the thread as it may be usedul! Thanks for asking

Edited by Oliver666666, 12 March 2016 - 05:37 PM.

CN51gVj.gif

#14 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

My Personal experience: Day 2 Day 3 I mean

Morning:

kWpMV8y.png
Upgrade cloud on the edge of the long gravity jump. Not easy at all. 6 deaths = Awesome!

iPsiK9t.png
The last semi-perfect was the deal sealer for me. some competitors pretty much gave up around here.

0pg5hbZ.png
Yeah, missed some baby golds, not that important. One starred 1-2 others.

tWXa9FX.png
Last big steal of the day. not a too easy base but i made it.

From here i was pretty much just hoping that nobody was hiding 3 semiperfects to overtake me last second.

Conclusion:

• King of Kings won
  • Just under 7M delta (oh well, 6.9M is cool number :P )
  • 52M total gemscore (my favourite number)
  • level 200
tWrTCZP.png

Statistics:

• Deep golds stolen on 3 star: 1
  • Deep golds stolen on 2 star: 3
  • Deep golds stolen on 1 star: 4
  • Deep golds missed on any star rating: 3
  • Deep golds skipped: 2

• Baby golds stolen on 3 star: 2
  • Baby golds stolen on 2 star: 2
  • Baby golds stolen on 1 star: 0
  • Baby golds missed on any star rating: 7
  • Baby golds skipped: 2

You should correct

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 10:15 AM.
updated quoted image links

BYE KOT

electriking.png

#15 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

You should correct

Im sorry but i cant find the mistake :)
Do the statistics not match anything? (if there are more items on the stats than pictures, then thats intentional)
Or was it something else?

CN51gVj.gif

#16 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

Im sorry but i cant find the mistake :)
Do the statistics not match anything? (if there are more items on the stats than pictures, then thats intentional)
Or was it something else?

You said day 2 instead of day 3 for day 3

BYE KOT

electriking.png

#17 xXx91

xXx91

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationIn the heart of Thrace

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Congrats Oliver ! :)

You stole that one from me by the way :) . This was the second time sb stole it on 1 star.  I'm glad it meant sth to you at least :)

Screenshot_2016_03_09_18_25_18_zpsulunxe

Screenshot_12_03_2016_19_44_46.png

By the way i found 5 golden gems(3 deep, 2 small) during that round but i didn't compete for anything( was in Invicius). 2 of them i skipped(2 semi-perfects perhaps),  1 i didn't get to spin for(900K one) even tho i 3 stared the base, the other 2 i stole, sadly they were the small ones.

Edited by xXx91, 12 March 2016 - 05:57 PM.

Dare to see ?

Spoiler

#18 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2121 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

You said day 2 instead of day 3 for day 3

Thank you very much!
I overused ctrl c and ctrl v :)
Corrected

I will read it later today for other typos.

CN51gVj.gif

#19 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2904 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

This will be a good reference for people that QQ with p2w haha... Good job man.... Grats on your crown ;)

#20 Kupoftea

Kupoftea

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the southern hemisphere :/

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:01 PM

How was the experience Oliver?
Dn6xE3h.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users