#21 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

How was the experience Oliver?

It was a 3 day adrenaline rush. Every gold gem made my pulse go higher, and even skipping was more exciting due to the goal. I played on my way to places, even stole a semiperfect on the tram (hail mobile internet).

The best part were my friends though. At first, just guild cheering. Then as i started to hop guilds, more and more people noticed me in KOK and motivated me to keep on skipping, or wished me luck. In the end, even the AAF telegram group were cheering me on.

I also experienced a little fear. Near the end when i had a decent gap, some people already took me on as the champion. That was of course nice, but after soon realizing its not over yet, gave a huge boost to stay awake till the last minute. I was literally closing my eyes every then and now in the last hour.

Finally the last 10 minutes was the scariest. I knew the others could be hiding gems and could overtake me anytime, even though i calculated the chances of this bieng quite low.

That last ten seconds counting down, and then getting the prizes, however, was a great feeling, a very mixed and complicated one, but it was awesome, if that describes it.

#22 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:32 PM

Only problem is that having KoK for only three days is an incentive to play much more :D

giphy.gif

#23 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

Only problem is that having KoK for only three days is an incentive to play much more :D

The flawless challenge kinda destroyed the bonus feits of my throne. Howver retrieving is awesome, i could get used to the extra hp anyday. :D

#24 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

The flawless challenge kinda destroyed the bonus feits of my throne. Howver retrieving is awesome, i could get used to the extra hp anyday. :D

True. 2 starring those Lvl 30 traps all day every day

giphy.gif

#25 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:14 AM

You inspired me to get KoK. It might take me a while because I have to build up, but I'll definitely try for it now.

#26 Debug

Debug

The Debugger

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Huehue

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:06 AM

And if you run out of orbs? Sometimes math fail :)
Also what pinned means?

Debugger | Level 43 | 1.4M Gems | king art online 2 _ Batatomate | Level 11 | 86K Gems | Brasil team
xplpaqt.png
Signature by OnProch97

#27 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:14 AM

Also what pinned means?

It will remain above any new posts that aren't pinned within this section.

#28 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:44 AM

Oliver youre the true king, well deserved crown. You worked hard to gain the orbs and show everyone its possible without $. High respect for you. Motivated me to go and try win KoK ;)

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

#29 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:49 AM

Oliver youre the true king, well deserved crown. You worked hard to gain the orbs and show everyone its possible without $. High respect for you. Motivated me to go and try win KoK ;)

Lets race?  :P

#30 Infamous

Infamous

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:56 AM

Just a few Questions I have Oliver if you don't mind answering

1) What do you mean by people hiding their Gems/ how is this done and what is the point?

2) What country are you in and what time are you playing to find all these big gems?

3) How much gold coins do you spend in skipping roughly per day would you say?

4) How long would you say you spent skipping in respect of time before you would find a big gem? (For example, you find a big gem, steal it whatever, then you carry on skipping through dungeons - how long would you say it took roughly untill you found another gold gem?)

I think I can speak on behalf of alot of players when I say this but the way in which you've been lucky to find as many gold gems as you have is impeccible.

I just find it absolutley incredible and its completley beyond me as I pretty much follow the same rule of thumb as you do and yet can only find 1 or maybe 2 gold gems.

On a good day I can spend anything up to 2 million coins in skipping yet I only ever find no more then 2 or 3 gold gems. I'd like a clearer understanding as why this is as (no offence) the way you've illustrated it in your post seems too clear cut and very easy on the eye to say the least. I once spent literally 5 hours skipping without any break and didn't find a single gold gem. In this instance, I must of spent around 1.5 mill in coins on skipping so the last question I have for you is, what is it your doing that for some reason the people that are doing the exact same thing arnt able to achieve what you've just achieved?

The secret to discovery is to never believe existing facts

#31 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

Also what pinned means?

That is a big problem then :)
I would advise getting a 50% bigger budget that you calculate you need, or if you spent too many orbs and you feel you are losing and cannot push any harder, consider giving uo and trying again later.

I wanted 4-5k orbs for my KOK run but the circumstances were very promising and i took the risk of running out. Just constantly try to adjust the budget to your strategy.

#32 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

Just a few Questions I have Oliver if you don't mind answering

1) What do you mean by people hiding their Gems/ how is this done and what is the point?

1) hiding gems is a procedure based on one thing. If you lose a gem during a ritual, your delta will decrease. When you retrieve it in the same round, your delta jumps back.

Also stolen gems are placed in your retrieve log and do not occupy a space in your inventory untill they are retrieved.

With this tactic, you can play however you want, for example store 2 semiperfects in your log and retrieve them when you want to show the others.

The one and only purpose of this tactic is psycological warfare. That is why i cannot explain how and when to use it, as it may differ in every situation. I believe it is most effective when there is a strong gap between 1st and 2nd place, for BOTH of the players to consider this as a factor.

2) What country are you in and what time are you playing to find all these big gems?

I am in Hungary, thats GMT +1. Most of europe can ignore time zone differences for this reason. However if you play for many hours straight, then you time zone wont matter, you will just find the same gems at a different timestamp.

3) How much gold coins do you spend in skipping roughly per day would you say?

Since the amount of gold coins i spent is so many times larger than the maximum of 500k, that i cannot count, i made a rough estimate of 10M gold coins spent skipping per day. It could be half or double that number. But logarithmicly i believe that number is quite on the spot.

4) How long would you say you spent skipping in respect of time before you would find a big gem? (For example, you find a big gem, steal it whatever, then you carry on skipping through dungeons - how long would you say it took roughly untill you found another gold gem?)

This is a very interesting question. My belief is that they come and go in groups, so if you steal one, the best thing to do is to keep skipping. In the gold rush hours i often found two gold gems within 10 minutes (max once per day).

However in the mid-day/early afternoon hours i sometimes went 5/6 hours only finding maximum one gold gem.

For this reason i think the system is consistent, as the results probably vary depending on the number of active, online players.

I think I can speak on behalf of alot of players when I say this but the way in which you've been lucky to find as many gold gems as you have is impeccible.

I just find it absolutley incredible and its completley beyond me as I pretty much follow the same rule of thumb as you do and yet can only find 1 or maybe 2 gold gems.

On a good day I can spend anything up to 2 million coins in skipping yet I only ever find no more then 2 or 3 gold gems. I'd like a clearer understanding as why this is as (no offence) the way you've illustrated it in your post seems too clear cut and very easy on the eye to say the least. I once spent literally 5 hours skipping without any break and didn't find a single gold gem. In this instance, I must of spent around 1.5 mill in coins on skipping so the last question I have for you is, what is it your doing that for some reason the people that are doing the exact same thing arnt able to achieve what you've just achieved?

You read my mind. I had the same thoughts also. For example on the totemius league before KOK, i spent millions of gold coins before i finally found a semiperfect that won me the round. One gold gem in 3 days (even though i was trying to clear my gem slots to prepare for KOK).

I have two things that may answer this.

1) Skipping with brute force. If it costs 2M gold to find 1 gold gem, just skip 20M gold to find 10 gold gems. Of course in practice it isnt that simple, but there is a obviously relation between skipping and finding gold gems.

2) mathematical model. Lets say this is the maths problem: player Alice is skipping for 30 minutes. Another player Bob has a gold gem in his totem, but we do not know how long the shield of up to 45 minutes is. Lets say as soon as Bobs shield goes down, Alices next skip will reveal Bobs golden gem. with these over optimistic conditions, no matter how fast Alice skips, she will have a 33.3% chance of not finding the golden gem.
This means that in practice players who play less, and for shorter times, will have some (not 33%!!!) disadvantage to players who skip more other than a mere statistical greater number of skips.

Edited by Oliver666666, 13 March 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#33 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

I think my biggest problem isn't that I don't skip enough, but that I skip too fast. There has been an uncountable amount of good gems that I have skipped just because I fall into a trance. My mind starts to wander as I'm skipping, and I won't snap out of it until I realize the gem I just missed.

#34 Debug

Debug

The Debugger

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Huehue

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

When pressing skip button, slide off the button and release. Problem solved.
Also i noticed you Oliver made a topic about this before and fail. Youre doing it good! :)

Debugger | Level 43 | 1.4M Gems | king art online 2 _ Batatomate | Level 11 | 86K Gems | Brasil team
xplpaqt.png
Signature by OnProch97

#35 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

I think my biggest problem isn't that I don't skip enough, but that I skip too fast. There has been an uncountable amount of good gems that I have skipped just because I fall into a trance. My mind starts to wander as I'm skipping, and I won't snap out of it until I realize the gem I just missed.

Yes thats a big problem for us all. Skip too slow and all the good dungeons will be taken. Skip too fast and you will have a hard time filtering enourmous quantities of information.
Most of the time i have to skip a deep spiked or a giveaway base (with no gems hopefully) to snap out of it and slow down.

#36 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 632 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Coming from another freebie like you, congrats on the awesome achievement !

I'd like to attempt this once, but I think I'll never have the chance of 3 consecutive days to play KoT for 8+hours anytime soon <_<

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#37 Chervey

Chervey

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

Nice guide. Thanks, Oliver ;)

When you create a world, you should survive living in it twice in a row. So...

Enjoy Hardcore.

Lv 67/  10M+ Gems

Official noob player 

chervey-ex1qgzlf.gif

#38 GrriZzly

GrriZzly

Alpha Male

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwooden to gods

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

Cherveys going to make it harder to win orbs now XD

THE HELPER :D

He's the hero the forum deserves, but doesn't need.

#39 Heinz

Heinz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

My plan:

Saving 500 gang pots, 500 slow mo pots, 500 ghost pots , 500 disable trap pots, 500 gold pots and 30.000 orbs. In this case it should be no matter if someone is hiding gems or something else.

My calculations said that to have this power it takes 1 year playing for a normal player, no big problems if you invest around 1 or 2 hours per day. No money of course. But you should also know that your delta will not increase during this year...

#40 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:00 PM

Added 150 orbs from weekly challenges to the section about saving orbs.

Added occasional UG rituals to the same section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users