Photo

Comprehensive KoT Guide (De Rege Latronum)

guide probability odds chance spinner throne upgrades data pdf

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

For most people, perhaps only the interrupt chance tables are relevant. But I plan on adding more, especially about strategies; an answer to the question "Given that I can obtain roughly x orbs per two rounds, what is the most efficient way to spend (all) those orbs?". The interesting part about the question is that the proper usage of those orbs may increase the expected income of orbs. But it will take me some thinking and working things out, and I'll only start having the time for that in about a week from now.

However, quite soon (probably tomorrow) I'll update the document with a table showing which trap levels bring which thrones to 1 star after seven deaths.

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#22 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

!!! I am proud to announce that I have worked on and expanded the document. It now includes the following:

• I have written a program in Python that simulates the spins for ingredients, where respins may be made for mushrooms and eyes until enough ingredients are farmed. Respinning a mush (or eye) is included in this algorithm, when there are already enough mush (or eye) available. I let the program simulate one million players using different respin strategies for ingredients and captured the results in tables complete with time saved vs. orb usage information.
  • I have added a table that shows which trap levels are necessary to get any throne to one star after seven deaths. The text also includes the fact that level 11 traps are needed to get KoK to two stars after 7 deaths. I may include a small extra table showing which level traps get KoK to two stars after n deaths (n<7) if this is desired.
  • I added descriptions of the future orb spending strategies and general strategies that I intend on implementing in this guide. As they are future additions, they are bounded in a blue box.
  • I greatly expanded on the section about statistical tests, making things more clear. I've also elaborated the table (and made two of them) with more information for larger sample sizes.

I hope you enjoy. And again, please tell me any and all of your suggestions, remarks and criticism!

The link to the file is the same as before. It can be found in the OP as well as here: LINK

Edited by Aluce, 24 March 2016 - 06:38 PM.

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#23 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

I still get an "about:blank" site :(.

Spoiler

#24 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2154 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Spoiler

Same here on android. Opens fine on my pc but not on my phone

#25 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

That's odd. It works fine on my phone. Perhaps right clicking and using Saving As instead of just trying to browse to it will help?

I can convert the file to a series of png's but that sounds inconvenient for browsing.

Also, if your browser or phone doesn't support the viewing of pdf, maybe that could explain it. My Android phone can open them just fine though.

Edited by Aluce, 25 March 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#26 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2154 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

That's odd. It works fine on my phone. Perhaps right clicking and using Saving As instead of just trying to browse to it will help?
I can convert the file to a series of png's but that sounds inconvenient for browsing.

Also, if your browser or phone doesn't support the viewing of pdf, maybe that could explain it. My Android phone can open them just fine though.

Good tip, add it to the op: downloading on phone fixes the bug when the browser cant open it

#27 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

I'm glad it worked! I've also updated the OP with a list showing what's currently in the file.

#28 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

That explains it, being a pdf file and safari/iOS being so cool just because... It won't open nor can download it haha I'll check on pc then :).

Edit: And since it's that cool that it makes me look stupid when it wants to, I long clicked the link and isntead of opening, I pressed open in a new tab, and it worked! :lol:

Edit2: It's very funny how I expected quite a lot from it and I'm still mindblown haha I can't even find a word for how amazing that is.

Edit3: Pinned :)

Edited by DanFariasM, 25 March 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#29 Dub

Dub

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

Spoiler

Same here but if you copy the link and paste it into safari bar it opened fine

Errr I see you were already able to open.

Edited by Dub, 25 March 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#30 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

Does anyone know the exact orb rewards for all the leagues? I've been searching around, but I can find no proper source.

All I know is that the God's Leagues give 125, 175 and 200 orbs respectively (and KoK gives 1000).

I'm doing some basic work on orb strategies, but knowing the orb incomes from the lower leagues is essential to form a strategy for lower level players. I suspect that all Old Kings leagues give 150 orbs, but I'm not completely certain.

Thanks!

#31 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:22 AM

I might have some old pics but I'd have to look for them, still not sure if rewards have changed ever since, don't really think so but well :P I'll look for them tomorrow and PM them :).

#32 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Does anyone know the exact orb rewards for all the leagues? I've been searching around, but I can find no proper source.

All I know is that the God's Leagues give 125, 175 and 200 orbs respectively (and KoK gives 1000).

I'm doing some basic work on orb strategies, but knowing the orb incomes from the lower leagues is essential to form a strategy for lower level players. I suspect that all Old Kings leagues give 150 orbs, but I'm not completely certain.

Thanks!

I'm 90% certain that all the leagues before the new God leagues are 150, and old King's league was 175.

EDIT: Typo and corrections

Edited by Bryce, 28 March 2016 - 03:32 AM.

#33 Snowball

Snowball

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOn top of your totem, staring at the semi-perfect gem I just stole.

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

Very well written!

Current Guild: Invisibility

f3r7fVa.jpg?1

Signature by TinyPixel

#34 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1048 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

Thanks!

I have a few screenshots and a couple of alt accounts here.  I can tell you that onyx and sapphire are both 150 orbs.  Stone league is 75 orbs.  Bronze league is 100 orbs. 

The old Kings League, according to screenshots here on the forum, was 175 for 1st, 125 for 2nd, 75 for 3rd, 20 for 4th, 5th, 6th...  I'm sure you can dig up a lot of other screenshots using the forum search.

#35 Trabantt

Trabantt

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIn the disable trap-potion factory of the guild oWn.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

I still don't understand where is Aluce's zeptolab orb prize...

Me is awesome, me has gems, me has money, me has good traps...

Me loves forums, me loves games, me loves funny stuff...

Me loves King Of Thieves!

#36 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

I'm doing the community a favour, not Zeptolab. :)

Although of course I wouldn't say no to free orbs. :P

Edited by Aluce, 29 March 2016 - 10:48 PM.

#37 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

Put this in beginners guide, and pin it. It is better than the dictionary.
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#38 Sorry Dude

Sorry Dude

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

found a small mistake: the cost of the respin after the 640 spin is 1080 (then 2160, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320.................)

izBFHC2.png

Brazucas Way #4 (03/15/2017)

#39 Grane Duke.

Grane Duke.

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationA white bag with glowing red eyes lurking in the dark

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

found a small mistake: the cost of the respin after the 640 spin is 1080 (then 2160, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320.................)

found a small mistake: the cost of the respin after the 640 spin is 1080 (then 2160, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320, then 4320........UNTIL YOU ARE BANKRUPT...... :D  :D )

Edited by Grane Duke., 01 April 2016 - 10:28 PM.

TxXGNoM.gif                                                                                                                                                                

A Proud Leader Of SAVAGE KINGS

A guild of Valiant Soldiers

#40 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

Thank you for the information. I've heard the 1080 bit once before but brushed it off. I've verified that 1080 is indeed the cost after the 640 spin (but, of course not by first hand!  :D). I'll probably exclude the ridiculous spin from the file as they are in no way relevant for an actual strategy.

There is in fact an update coming soon. The new content will mostly consist of strategies related to orbs and rushing Foreseer 5, general tips, and some global information about KoT. Stay tuned!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, probability, odds, chance, spinner, throne, upgrades, data, pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users