Photo

Comprehensive KoT Guide (De Rege Latronum)

guide probability odds chance spinner throne upgrades data pdf

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Snowball

Snowball

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOn top of your totem, staring at the semi-perfect gem I just stole.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:43 AM

Yow, nice!

Current Guild: Invisibility

f3r7fVa.jpg?1

Signature by TinyPixel

#42 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Glad to see this pinned. Might be confusing for noobs, though
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#43 SharkAttack

SharkAttack

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

BEST! THING! EVER !

Btw, I study IT at uni, so anything related to programming / maths it's wonderful for me (OCD, right? ahah). And this, sir, deserves a perfect gem :P

Edited by SharkAttack, 15 April 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#44 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

!!! I am proud to announce that I have updated my document with some extra information. The new content includes the following:

• A table showing what level traps gets thrones to one star after 6 hits, so that one trigger of the new Revitalizing Heartbeat upgrade may be accounted for; if people want me to compile another list for 5 hits to account for two triggers of the heartbeat, let me know;
  • An entire section dedicated to orb-sustainable strategies to craft thrones as quickly as possible, under subtle assumptions of a minimal orb income from leagues and guild wars;
  • A list of general tips and tricks that aren't explained in-game, for lower level players to get the most out of their game.

In the future I want to implement Dried Tear costs for the new upgrade tree, but I have too little information about that now to already include it.

Again, any and all suggestions are welcome! I want to make this document as complete and handy as possible. :D

The link is, again, the same, and can be found in the OP as well as HERE.

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#45 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 644 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

You may want to add a little chapter about the maze spinner

Just a quick math I did for myself :

Assuming the chances are 40% for gold, 40% for keys, 10%for 30tears and 10%for 50orbs. How much is it worth to respin( assuming that you get keys/gold)?

1) first respin, 5 orbs. You use 5 orbs for a 10% chance of getting 50orbs. This is obviously gonna compensate itself in the long run, but you have to factor in the chance to get the tears, which are even more valuable than orbs.

So the 5orb respin is completely worth it, in any case.

2) second respin, 10orbs. Same strategy as before, 10% chance of getting 50 orbs and 10% of getting 30 tears. If we assume that the value of 30 tears is superior than 50 orbs, we can assume that we have a 20% chance of getting ATLEAST 50 orbs.

So, if you find that 30tears are worth more than 50 orbs, you should definitely go for the 10orb respin.

3) third respin, 20orbs. Usual thing, but now the value of tears starts to skyrocket. We need 30 tears to be worth more than 150orbs to justify the third respin.

Not sure if this is worth it. The game makes us pay 240 orbs for 15 guaranteed tears + a chance at the spinner. If you are going to buy daily quests with orbs, you are probably going to want a third respin.

4) fourth respin, 40 orbs. As usual, now 30 tears should be worth more than 350orbs.

Not recommended

You may want to factor in the orb price of the keys, but I decided to exclude this for myself since I never buy keys with orbs

Edit : nvm

Edited by Skydancer, 07 May 2016 - 05:54 PM.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#46 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for your input! Yes, I'll include some things on the maze. I'm also going to add tables with probabilities to get a 7-death n-star raid given ws5 and level26+ traps, and variable Heartbeat upgrade (as these settings are the most controversial right now), along with a few other small things that have been added in the newest update. It'll be a little while before I can find enough time to do so though :)

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#47 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

The guide looks ok, but requires some knowledge of probabilities and such to be able to understand it well. You should add some conclusion parts after every part like Bryce also mentioned to make it more appeal and understandble for younger generation.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#48 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

!!! I am proud to announce that I have updated my document with some extra information. The new content includes the following:

• Added a table for 5 death one star raids as to account for two Heartbeat triggers;
  • Added a general throne crafting and upgrading strategy;
  • A table showing the odds to have the possibility for a 7 death n-star raid, assuming Foreseer 5 and Level 26+ traps
  • Began on an entry on the Maze and its rewards, showing a table depicting tear bonus chance;
  • Fixed a few typos and minor issues (thanks to Scoot for pointing one out);
  • Added some conclusions to sections to make more clear how the tables and probabilities should be used, as to make the paper a bit more readable and applicable for everyone.

Again, any and all suggestions are welcome! I want to make this document as complete and handy as possible. :D

The link is, again, the same, and can be found in the OP as well as HERE.

#49 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2158 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

Aluce, there seems to be an error in the tables on page 28/29 in the max orbs colums

respins are

5 10 20 40 80 160 320 640 1080 2160 4320 4320 4320 ... 

(could you add these somewhere in there?)

so the cummulatives that you need should be

5 15 35 75 155 315 635 1275 2355 4415 

#50 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

Ah! Yes! Someone has once, long, long ago pointed me at the fact that orb respins eventually aren't twice the price of the previous spin. I had adjusted tables in the past to correct for this. Thank you. Next edition will see this fixed.  ^_^

#51 Buguinho

Buguinho

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

Now I managed to open it :)
Impressive work, Aluce! Do you think about including an analysis on lock-picking probabilities? It might not be exactly relevant for strategy but it's still data after all

e0j1xtN.png

Keep calm and
Design new dungeons...

#52 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

What do you mean? Lock picking probabilities are so straightforward that it doesn't need a table.

#53 CounterKitty

CounterKitty

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

This is a nice guide, even tho most people probably see it from your posts, can i link this in my own signature?

#54 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Of course. The more people who are aware of it, the better. ^_^

#55 CounterKitty

CounterKitty

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

ok, going to do that then :)

#56 TKK

TKK

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

I've been using this since I started playing the game, never officially said thanks. So here it goes... Thank you Aluce for this amazing guide. 

Small suggestion, page 10-12 of the PDF ( the castle upgrades), could you add the actual values (eg, upgrades to xx keys per hour, upgrades to max gold capacity to XXXXX) an the time taken for them as well ?  

#57 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Thank you very much.

Good suggestion. I'm not entirely sure if I can find all this information, but I will try. :)

#58 Frillidrilli

Frillidrilli

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationOn the EARTH....

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

Nice job Aluce! 

:ph34r:  :ph34r: Feel The1ppeOEi.gif?1Fear.... :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

#59 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

So... Aluce, we will need to fix the trap level from 31 onward.
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#60 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Definitely. The Heartbeat section will need a revamp as well. It is noted. Thank you :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, probability, odds, chance, spinner, throne, upgrades, data, pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users