• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RandyZ524

RandyZ524

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationStill looking for the first post on the forums...

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

I had this idea for a unique gem that could be won in a special challenge. I call it the Shield Gem.

The challenge it can be won from is called Impenetrable Defense. The goal is to get as many 0 stars on your base as you can.

The gem won has the properties that when it is placed in a ritual with 2 other gems, at the end of the ritual the 2 gems will remain in the totem and the shield gem will gain no value.

You also get a new potion called the shield potion. This potion can be triggered once you start a ritual, and lasts for however long the ritual lasts for (usually 12 hours). During this time, everyone who reaches your totem will find that the probability for stealing your gem at all stars is halved (50% to 25%, 5% to 2.5%). Of course, it cannot be retrieved if stolen.

If your ritual is interrupted, the potion's effects will also stop and must be continued if you resume the ritual. The time remaining on the potion's effect will exactly match the time left on the ritual. Note that this will also take into account the Ritual Berserker.

This special defense potion can be found in fake keyholes at a third of the probability of finding other potions, and can also be bought for 21 orbs if you have none.

rvyctzo.png

Thoughts?

#2 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Here are some problems:
A: 5% is minimum. The spinner is not capable of 2.5%
B: the challenge would be unfair. The best layouts would win
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#3 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

Well, I like the challenge and the gems physical appearance, but I'm not sure it's ability makes sense to me. The challenge, while stated by Plznopotions, could be unfair, but if you wanted that gem, then you'd make a good base.

giphy.gif

#4 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Well, just saying, that kind of challenge makes you need to be offline, also
Spoiler

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#5 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 999 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

The main problem I see is that high level players in friendly guilds who find each other can deliberately 0-star their friends' base with no repercussions. Being rewarded for building an epic base isn't a bad thing, although in some layouts, of course, there is more room for the creation of insane bases than in others.

What exactly is the power of this shield gem? If it doesn't even fuse... then its value remains constant, and it costs you a totem tooth for no profits, only a magic ingredient. If the power is that you get the potion you speak of... well, I don't think it's worth a ritual especially since 5% is the minimum chance. In particular, the gem will clog up inventory space if you can't actually increase its value.

I would take this gem for free, so that I can use its power maybe once for a big ritual, but then sell it. :P

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unique, gem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users