#41 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Well, I decided to post classics because I thought nobody would like death/black metal here but.. if someone is interested in unknown names I may switch a couple :P  I have a super-long list ready..

I am sorry, but I won't vofe metal, unless it is classic. Keep classic. I would like to see what it is.
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#42 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Well, I decided to post classics because I thought nobody would like death/black metal here but.. if someone is interested in unknown names I may switch a couple :P  I have a super-long list ready..

I'd like to hear some new, but all I can offer is 1 yt channel, and I'm not even sure if you can call most of its content "classical". Warning: mooch p0niehs https://www.youtube....PonyEveningStar

Deal? :D

#43 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

It all depends on your strategy (yeah, here I come again with that term :P)... suggesting classics probably gives you higher chances of getting high votes; but suggesting other things leads to others discovering new music. With the music contests that I've participated in on other places, the latter soon became more of the norm, and it always resulted in interesting songs being suggested. So it all depends a lot on what you wish to achieve: discovery of music, or victory of the contest. ;)

Posted Image 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
Posted Image Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | Posted Image Community Wish List | Posted Image Base Default Trap Database | Posted Image @alucen

#44 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

...?
We can simply put more links here and tell which ones are for contest.

#45 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

my classic is so classic, you might not even know it.

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#46 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

...?
We can simply put more links here and tell which ones are for contest.

Are you confused about something? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Posted Image 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
Posted Image Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | Posted Image Community Wish List | Posted Image Base Default Trap Database | Posted Image @alucen

#47 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

It all depends on your strategy (yeah, here I come again with that term :P)... suggesting classics probably gives you higher chances of getting high votes; but suggesting other things leads to others discovering new music. With the music contests that I've participated in on other places, the latter soon became more of the norm, and it always resulted in interesting songs being suggested. So it all depends a lot on what you wish to achieve: discovery of music, or victory of the contest. ;)

No, I was just refering to this quote. ^
We can select music for actual contest and share other music, that won't be rated.

Edited by MrKukurykpl, 22 May 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#48 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

Oh yes, of course. As long as it's clear to me which songs are your suggestions :P

#49 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

^ And this cool feeling when you know some songs from other person's list :D

#50 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

The Grand Optimist
City and Colour
Duration - 4:05
https://www.youtube....h?v=WZo31zMAySQ

When the Sun Goes Down
Arctic Monkeys
Duration - 5:33

https://www.youtube....h?v=yUatH8zI6Qc

King Without a Crown
Matisyahu
Duration - 4:52
https://www.youtube....h?v=dsFpUW48Tnc

Take me to Church
Hozier
Duration - 4:02
https://www.youtube....h?v=MYSVMgRr6pw

I thought about putting in more 'known' songs, tactically that would have been smarter but I decided to only include Take me to church out of the ones that I thought people would know of. (I guess some people might know the Arctic Monkeys)

Genres of Songs - I tried to fit in 4 different types of songs for diversity
The Grand optimist -  Melodic acoustic and folk music
When the Sun Goes Down - Indie Rock
King Without a Crown - Reggae + Rap mashup
Take me to Church - Pop

Honourable mention - House of the Rising sun

Edited by Chaos, 22 May 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#51 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Woohoo! Thanks for joining guys. We now have 9 people with full sets of suggestions. I'm excited :D

#52 lio4ik

lio4ik

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationsome where lost in cartoon network

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

at the first 3 days there were just 4 people now there's 9 very nice the more songs the better :)

octAjEe.png

HUUUUUUUUGE Thank You to OnProch97 for making another master peace you guys should really check his art :)

#53 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Woohoo! Thanks for joining guys. We now have 9 people with full sets of suggestions. I'm excited :D

Does the voting week start Sat. May 28th?

That happens to be the day I get back, really good timing.

Edited by Chaos, 22 May 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#54 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

You know, we always can spread contest info on KoT [aaf] group on fb. But it would be time consuming to rate that much songs.

#55 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

You know, we always can spread contest info on KoT [aaf] group on fb. But it would be time consuming to rate that much songs.

All I have to say is that it would be time consuming to rate that many songs.

#56 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

There is a reason that I allocate an entire week for each round to listen to the songs. Currently, if nobody else will join, you will have to listen to 8 tracks from other people each week; since the average song length is about four minutes, this would take like 40 minutes total. Over the course of a week, that's not that much. I doubt it'd be a problem at all if some more people join, so feel free to advertise the contest to other KoT people :)

#57 playerxsd

playerxsd

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationIn an place with no water no trees just an island where you can't survive

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

so we can listen to only 8 songs per day when the round starts or we can listen to all of them per each day?

56jGizp.png

#58 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

When you listen to them doesn't really matter... you could already listen to them now if you want. I simply want you to assemble a vote once each week; and each week you'll have 8+ total songs to choose from. So yes, in theory you could easily listen to all the ~8 songs of the round on the first day and vote and be free for the other six days of the round.

#59 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

sauce god

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts
  • Locationfucking yo thot

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

Wait so do I still have time
I haven't started yet

giphy.gif

#60 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

You can find pretty much any and all necessary information in the OP. Unlike some of you guys, I tend to make my OPs complete. :P

Yes, you still have time. You have time to compile suggestions up until next Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users