17 replies to this topic

#1 Macpiraz

Macpiraz

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Hi there,

recently I wasn't able to fine any high value gem to steal even in top players dungeon. So I sat a minute and found something weird: if I look at the dungeon of a player who attacked me through the log defense I see different gems than the ones I see looking for the player in the guild list. In the example below the two screenshots are taken seconds apart. Obviously the one I see in the log and attack section are useless, otherwise I wouldn't be here complaining :)

As seen looking for guild/member:

3PhIhr0.jpg?1

As seen in the log:

vzSH60x.jpg?1

What is going on? Usually these players run gold rituals and I've seen many of them running golds in the guild list and useless spikeless in my log, that's disappointing..

Thanks

#2 Allen

Allen

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn front of a bright screen

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

I think its a duplicated dungeon created by the server...heard it somewhere but forgot the reason why it happens

yO42gtt.png
In Game Name: G4mingReaper                             Special thanks to OnProch97 for the Signature

#3 Macpiraz

Macpiraz

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Hi Allen! Duplicated dungeons appear whenever there's a small number of available dungeons with gems to raid. They are existing dungeon with non existing gem if I recall correctly. In this case the player is directly in my log, so I don't get why this trick should be triggered..

#4 Allen

Allen

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn front of a bright screen

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Which of the pictures is the one from revenging(logs) and from Attacking?

Edited by Allen, 11 May 2016 - 05:22 PM.

yO42gtt.png
In Game Name: G4mingReaper                             Special thanks to OnProch97 for the Signature

#5 Macpiraz

Macpiraz

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

It's captioned above each one. Second from logs, first looking for his/her guild and then viewing his/her dungeon

#6 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

There are 3 different cases.

1. You look from revenge, you don't see real gems if they are over 15k. This is because players would otherwise trade gems.

2. You look from guild list, you see real gems

3. You look from find a match you can see either:

a ) real gems if player is really available to attack

b ) fake gems, if there arent any players to attack so player with shield is taken or some other player who has been inactive long time

Edited by Lelu, 11 May 2016 - 07:50 PM.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#7 AnonymousGamer

AnonymousGamer

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAt our dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

Wait, hold on a second, DOES THAT MEAN WE COULD GET RAIDED EVEN WHEN OUR SHIELD IS ACTIVE?!  :wacko:  :blink:

Subscribe: bit.do/SpecOpsMC5

#8 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

Hypothetically, yes. But you won't lose gold or gems, and you won't receive skulls. So you really don't get raided.
B)
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#9 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1048 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:03 AM

Lelu is correct.  The only thing I'd add to that is that the fake gems you may find while you are raiding (not revenging) are placed in empty totems.  I'm fairly sure real gems don't get replaced with fake ones during normal match making.

#10 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

I think there are less gold gems available now that the revitalising heartbeat has come.
And yes, gems are fake in revenge attacks and also fake bases.

Edited by King of Eterity, 12 May 2016 - 03:52 PM.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#11 Macpiraz

Macpiraz

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

There are 3 different cases.

1. You look from revenge, you don't see real gems if they are over 15k. This is because players would otherwise trade gems.

2. You look from guild list, you see real gems

3. You look from find a match you can see either:

a ) real gems if player is really available to attack

b ) fake gems, if there arent any players to attack so player with shield is taken or some other player who has been inactive long time

Thanks Lelu!

Actually 1. is not correct in my experience. I've found many players with deep spike gems in the past, not sure when was the last one though so maybe it changed.

I should always look for player in the guild list? That's really disappointing. First of all it's beyond my patience time consuming, furthermore many guild name are written in non-latin alphabet and I have absolutely no idea how to look for them.

Waht about gold displayed? Why is it different in the scenarios pictured above?

#12 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 998 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Waht about gold displayed? Why is it different in the scenarios pictured above?

I've never actually noticed this kind of difference. It's striking to me that the ratio is almost precisely 1.6. Perhaps during guild view, the throne bonus for gold is already added to the chest (in contrary to other scenarios). That's just a hypothesis though. :)

thief1.png 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#13 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

I've never actually noticed this kind of difference. It's striking to me that the ratio is almost precisely 1.6. Perhaps during guild view, the throne bonus for gold is already added to the chest (in contrary to other scenarios). That's just a hypothesis though. :)

Yes it is. While looking at bases through the guild view, the throne bonus gets added right away.

#14 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

Lelu is correct.  The only thing I'd add to that is that the fake gems you may find while you are raiding (not revenging) are placed in empty totems.  I'm fairly sure real gems don't get replaced with fake ones during normal match making.

Yes, I should've been more precise :)

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#15 RandyZ524

RandyZ524

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationStill looking for the first post on the forums...

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

In revenge, gems that are larger than a certain value (still to be determined) are replaced by fake ones, and some sources say that all gems are replaced if one is over the limit.

In normal matchmaking, empty totems are often filled with fake gems. These gems are created on the spot and don't actually reflect the ritual the defender is running.

Once all available bases have been skipped, the game starts showing the bases of real players with shields, but these dungeons are virtual. I'm pretty sure that the gems in the rituals are replaced with smaller ones, just like revenges, to prevent for the mass duplication of large gems.

#16 Macpiraz

Macpiraz

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

Ok thank you all for your answers!

#17 baccha

baccha

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

In revenge, gems that are larger than a certain value (still to be determined) are replaced by fake ones, and some sources say that all gems are replaced if one is over the limit.

If the large value gems are replaced by fake ones, does it mean if I steal a gem from revenge, I will get the fake one and not the high value gem? In fact, I did steal a gem a few hours ago, and it was not high value (although the it showed higher than 30K)

#18 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2943 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Are you sure it was a revenge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users