• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nyx

Nyx

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

I think the matchmaking system is being unfair with me by putting me to play with people with higher levels, it's impossible to save money or craft gems. I'm not saying the game should be easy for me, but now it is too hard, I can't enjoy it anymore. Maybe I reached the ruby league ahead of the time, but it doesn't justifies the stomping everytime I get raided.

Edited by Nyx, 15 May 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#2 Lelu

Lelu

Leader of guild Finland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationAt your chest

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

So what level are you ?

Remember the rules are same for everyone.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniqmcum probates fuerit accipient coronam rex regum

#3 Fosforos

Fosforos

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I experienced same problem once I got to level 20 first time, it was pretty frustrating and I even threw my phone to floor cause of rageing and screen cracked pretty bad, then lost save when I was something 22 level, started over again, it was unbeliavably fun, got to level 31 with about 970.000 gem score at Orboseus league, and I lost save again. Now I'm starting once again with mistakes learned, skills practiced I'm stocking on orbs and potions from rituals, camping halfly with strategy in mind. 

Starting over is fun. 

Edited by Fosforos, 15 May 2016 - 07:06 PM.

9xheMfv.png

#4 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

I think the matchmaking system is being unfair with me by putting me to play with people with higher levels, it's impossible to save money or craft gems. I'm not saying the game should be easy for me, but now it is too hard, I can't enjoy it anymore. Maybe I reached the ruby league ahead of the time, but it doesn't justifies the stomping everytime I get raided.

Once you reach level 45 you can raid and be raided by everyone over level 45, I suggest you focus on upgrading your traps for a while then continue playing, also watch some videos on king of thieves techniques and/or join a good guild that can help you with retrievals.

There are also strategy guides on this forum such as this very helpful one by Aluce - http://KotGuideByAluce/

Or this great one by Oliver666666 - http://KotGuideByOliver/

Edited by Chaos, 15 May 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#5 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

While I do wish there was a warning or list in-game that showed what tiers people would be grouped into by level, it is still sad to see all the people coming on the forum complaining about the learning curve of the game. Just picture people like Yuhan or berndt designing a base with a superjump in it...

#6 Fosforos

Fosforos

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'm gonna ask this there. It was not nice surprise for me to know only at Orboseus league you can't get demoted from there anymore, so my question is can you be demoted freely from other leagues, for example from emerald-ruby league to wooden-golden league? Like when the all icons for leagues change? 

9xheMfv.png

#7 Allen

Allen

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn front of a bright screen

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

I'm gonna ask this there. It was not nice surprise for me to know only at Orboseus league you can't get demoted from there anymore, so my question is can you be demoted freely from other leagues, for example from emerald-ruby league to wooden-golden league? Like when the all icons for leagues change?

From what i understood from your question, I think it would be too OP for demotions to happen because of the orb and cash prize for the too 3...(you win in top 3, get demoted, win again, get demoted)

yO42gtt.png
In Game Name: G4mingReaper                             Special thanks to OnProch97 for the Signature

#8 Bryce

Bryce

The Veteran

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

No. Once you reach one of those leagues, you stay there until you place within the top 3.

#9 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

that would be dumb, since the emerald ruby leagues are based off of total gemscore not delta. You could litterally jump between orbessious and diamond, if you have high gemscore, let the game take care of itself, then get 100 free orbs in 30 days!
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#10 PureDefender

PureDefender

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

so here's the thing: spend all your time upgrading traps before you even attempt to get into any of the higher up leagues (totemius, orbeseus, etc.) Otherwise you get destroyed by other players. i didn't even get to these leagues until around level 100 and that's how it should be because if you rush through the rankings too fast you follow an extremely high learning curve on dungeons that take a lot of game experience to learn how to jump or how to read a base

#11 RandyZ524

RandyZ524

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationStill looking for the first post on the forums...

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

so here's the thing: spend all your time upgrading traps before you even attempt to get into any of the higher up leagues (totemius, orbeseus, etc.) Otherwise you get destroyed by other players. i didn't even get to these leagues until around level 100 and that's how it should be because if you rush through the rankings too fast you follow an extremely high learning curve on dungeons that take a lot of game experience to learn how to jump or how to read a base

Nah, you can reach totemius very easy. What you shouldn't rush into is the 45+ pool.

#12 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

You can easily get into totemius with lvl 15 traps; you just have to start the round with tons of totem space.
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#13 Nyx

Nyx

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

Thank you for all your replies, I think I was just frustrated with the game, I just needed to put it out.

Once you reach level 45 you can raid and be raided by everyone over level 45, I suggest you focus on upgrading your traps for a while then continue playing, also watch some videos on king of thieves techniques and/or join a good guild that can help you with retrievals.

I didn't know that. That was some good information.

Thank you all again, I'll try to follow all your sugestions.

#14 RandyZ524

RandyZ524

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationStill looking for the first post on the forums...

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Thank you for all your replies, I think I was just frustrated with the game, I just needed to put it out.

I didn't know that. That was some good information.

Thank you all again, I'll try to follow all your sugestions.

If you feel like you're not prepared for level 45+ (ie minimum level 20 traps, near-maxed castle, level 3 or above foreseer) I would recommend restarting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Difficulty level, Problem, Unfair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users