37 replies to this topic

#1 DJBazz

DJBazz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:03 AM

Does anyone know how the guild season rewards are divided amongst its members?
Do all (25) members get the same share? Or only the top x members? And what if someone joins the guild in let's say round 8?

#2 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2143 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:46 AM

Dont take me for my word but heres what i heard so far.

Unlike the 300 orbs split in a guild battle, everyone in the guild gets the (ie gold reward earned) 2500 orbs, 2500 tears, and costume.

Players can rejoin the guild up to the 9th battle, so players who join in the last guild battle will not be eligable for rewards.

-------
Keep in mind that this info may be incorrect. Im having trouble believing the 2.5k orbs and tears myself

Edit: i will use my alt account to see what happens if you hop guilds to confirm the second part

Edited by Oliver666666, 20 May 2016 - 05:47 AM.

#3 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 995 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Oliver is correct. The prizes are not split, and given to each member of the guild that was active in the last round of the season. So it is possible to swap guilds in the ninth round and still get rewards.

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#4 Symedia

Symedia

Eye of the Darkside

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

All members will get the same prizes

Join King of Thieves FB group 10.000+ members
Telegram chat: https://telegram.me/KOTAAF

Telegram Channel: https://telegram.me/kotaafchan
>> how to post picture on forum <<
For Support: https://zepto.helpsh...ing-of-thieves/

Posted Image

Beware ...

Spoiler

#5 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 637 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

My thoughts..? it's nice to have more orbs and tears for free ( I mean, the 5 win mark should be available to everyone), but I believe that there is too much difference between the 7win prize and the 9win one. No guild except the top ones will have the required 90% winrate..

Also, I believe that the costume should be more accessible. I don't know if someone here plays hearthstone, but in that game you get the seasonal prize just if you play a single ranked game in that season. Something just to proof "hey, I was there in season 1".

But other than that, free resources are always welcome, and also the huge prize will encourage cooperation in guilds, so I like the update :)

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#6 DJBazz

DJBazz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Doesn't that introduce guild hopping in the end again?

#7 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 995 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

My thoughts..? it's nice to have more orbs and tears for free ( I mean, the 5 win mark should be available to everyone), but I believe that there is too much difference between the 7win prize and the 9win one. No guild except the top ones will have the required 90% winrate..

Also, I believe that the costume should be more accessible. I don't know if someone here plays hearthstone, but in that game you get the seasonal prize just if you play a single ranked game in that season. Something just to proof "hey, I was there in season 1".

But other than that, free resources are always welcome, and also the huge prize will encourage cooperation in guilds, so I like the update :)

The seasons encourage cooperation in a guild and an increased comptetition with other guilds. 30 orbs isn't that much, and for some guilds, the amount of medals no longer matters (as they either have enough or are already level 20). This gives something new to fight for. Making it more accessible would defeat the purpose.

Also note that top guilds are more likely to only have (roughly) a 50% win rate, as they will be matched against other top guilds, which will be about as good. The guilds that will benefit the most will be the small and new guilds, which are more likely to be matched against bad or dead guilds.

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#8 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

Yes absolutely agree with aluce. I'm guessing the best chance to win season rewards, would be to put top players in a new guild, and sweep 10-0
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#9 Serboy

Serboy

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

Around round 8-9 there will be lots of guild hoping. Something has to be done to prevent that. For example: Members joined more than 5 rounds should get the prize.
  • Kix likes this

#10 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGeffi's Training School

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

Around round 8-9 there will be lots of guild hoping. Something has to be done to prevent that. For example: Members joined more than 5 rounds should get the prize.

I think this is where it will help to have an active guild leader to police this kind of thing.  The good thing is that the prizes are for each person, not split amongst the guild.  Yeah it sucks if player X enters in the 9th round, doesn't contribute in the 10th round and gets the prize, but at least they're not actively hurting the long standing and contributing members of the guild by taking a portion of the prize from them...

#11 Sableye

Sableye

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

I think this is where it will help to have an active guild leader to police this kind of thing. The good thing is that the prizes are for each person, not split amongst the guild. Yeah it sucks if player X enters in the 9th round, doesn't contribute in the 10th round and gets the prize, but at least they're not actively hurting the long standing and contributing members of the guild by taking a portion of the prize from them...

It does, however, mean that you now have someone in your guild who only joined for the loot. This can be stressful to a guild leader knowing they will jump ship at a moment's notice and without warning.
  • Kix likes this

#12 Debzzi

Debzzi

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn a universe far far away.........

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

As a guild leader I'm seriously thinking of upping the guild delta join requirement really high for the 10th round to stop freeloaders. Most of my members are loyal but if they want to go in search of bigger rewards then we are probably better off without them. It should add more interesting strategy and will probably all settle down in the long run anyway.

#13 Kix

Kix

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:04 AM

It does, however, mean that you now have someone in your guild who only joined for the loot. This can be stressful to a guild leader knowing they will jump ship at a moment's notice and without warning.

I agree.

As a guild leader I'm seriously thinking of upping the guild delta join requirement really high for the 10th round to stop freeloaders. Most of my members are loyal but if they want to go in search of bigger rewards then we are probably better off without them. It should add more interesting strategy and will probably all settle down in the long run anyway.

And I will probably do the same.

#14 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 995 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:05 AM

Plus, guilds that are about to win a season with 5+ wins are almost guaranteed to be full already anyway, since nobody in their right mind would leave at that time. So guild hopping probably wouldn't even be all that effective. I think that the only guilds you'd find in round 9 that have spots available are guilds that are losing the season, are inactive, or are on 4 wins and losing round 9 so they're kicking their worst members in the hopes of finding a new guy who can score well in the last round in order to get season prizes. But then such a guild would kick people who don't contribute in the last round anyway. So guild hopping only for the sake of farming loot is only effective if you're actually contributing to the last round after all, or if you find some bad/inactive guild that had been paired with inactive guilds and somehow got enough wins in the season.

I'd probably let anyone in on round 9. It doesn't matter if they come for the loot, as long as they contribute to the guild. And if they won't contribute to round 10 I'll kick them so they get no season rewards whatsoever. It would be their loss... :P

#15 Fosforos

Fosforos

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

Did guild matchmaking system change and what is it now exactly? 

9xheMfv.png

#16 Allen

Allen

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn front of a bright screen

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Will the game announce the guilds who won 9+ battles?

yO42gtt.png
In Game Name: G4mingReaper                             Special thanks to OnProch97 for the Signature

#17 NextPhazE

NextPhazE

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn a dungeon near you

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

Here are my 2 cents on the new Guild Seasons: 1. From the start, I want to say that I think it is very bad game design to let people switch guilds in the 9th round and get prizes. Why: - it is too tempting for people to switch guilds in order to get the 2500/2500 prize instead of the 1000/1000. the prize difference is too big and it is only logical that players will try to maximize their wins by switching guilds. - this will lead to a strange phenomenon: smart players will make a lot of alternative accounts and alternative one man army guilds. If their main guild will not score well in the season, they will migrate to these "fake guilds" in the 9th round, to get the top prize. - top guilds will annihilate each other, frustrating people who, in order to get the big prizes, will mass-migrate to "fake" or low lvl guilds and then switch back to their original guild and so on. 2. Because every guild will try to keep a low delta in order not to get paired with a top-scoring guild in the next round, there will be more golden gem giveaways. This may sound good, but then again- what is the purpose of this game? to make giveaways? i don't think so. 3. There is no incentive for a player to stay committed to his guild (with some exceptions like - friendship, retreivals etc, but these can be found in other guilds as well). Also, there is no incentive to be a high lvl guild (ok, you've reached lvl 20 with your guild and that's it). I think that this could be easily mitigated if there were weekly prizes for the 1-10 top lvl guilds, 10-50, 50-100, 100-1000 and so on. tl/dr: season guilds don't promote fostering the relationships built by the players in their guilds/ encourage gold giveaways/ make scoring high delta a bad thing. CONCLUSION: 1. players who switch guilds after the 5th battle in season should get no prize at all. 2. decrease the difference in the prize between 1000/1000 and 2500/2500 to something else, so that people will not be encouraged to switch guilds anymore OR - even better- allow for 2500/2500 prize to be received even after 3 defeats in the season gvgs. P.S.: and a question: what does "contributing player" mean? As far as I understood, if your are in a guild during the 9th season battle and just STAY THERE, you are considered to be a "contributing player" ? I must be missing sth here.

#18 NextPhazE

NextPhazE

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn a dungeon near you

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I would very much like if one of the game devs/testers will tell us their conclusions regarding the simulation they have made with season wars (I'm pretty sure that they have done such a thing- as evidenced by the latest videos where we can see season 83 or sth like that).

#19 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 995 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Interesting read. I haven't thought of the concept of creating your own mini guild deliberately in order to farm rewards.

Perhaps an interesting idea would be to have the rewards be dependent on the level of the guild. That strongly discourages hopping to lucky low level guilds and also increases incentive to stay in your top guild even if they don't reach the 9/10 wins during the season.

#20 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGeffi's Training School

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Plus, guilds that are about to win a season with 5+ wins are almost guaranteed to be full already anyway, since nobody in their right mind would leave at that time. So guild hopping probably wouldn't even be all that effective. I think that the only guilds you'd find in round 9 that have spots available are guilds that are losing the season, are inactive, or are on 4 wins and losing round 9 so they're kicking their worst members in the hopes of finding a new guy who can score well in the last round in order to get season prizes. 

I agree with what you said, but there are some guilds that like to keep one spot open or constantly boot the 25th person out in order to "search" for a valuable newcomer to join them.  So then it becomes a challenge to the newcomer who joins that last spot in round 8 or 9 of the season.  He/she might be a great asset to the guild, but now they've got one round to prove themself worthy or else get booted and accused of riding the coattails for prizes.  Going to be interesting to see how much hopping goes on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users