• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Hello there, I decided to come up with this idea because it's been annoying me for quite some time now. Basically reward system in the Maze is in my opinion too... greedy.

This is how rewards spinner used to look like (unfortunately removed really quickly):
lSyx7Q8.png
Chances:
Gold - 40%
Keys - 30%
Orbs - 20%
Tears - 10%
(Percentages are as close to reality as they could be, assuming that pictures tell truth. I concluded them after looking at picture... with protractor xD)

And that's how it looks right now
uDhRcia.jpg
Chances:
Gold - 45%
Keys - 35%
Orbs - 10%
Tears -10%

^Don't look at the numbers (they depend on level), I'm talking about areas^

My 2 ways to solve this problem:
1) Fix percentages - I'm not saying that you should bring back the old system, you can just lower a bit gold's area and give extra 5% to every other reward, or just keys - they're pretty helpful and not that expensive to not give more of them. It just would seem more fair to us, players.
2) Buff rewards (mainly gold) - these gold amounts (5k, 10k and 20k) are really, really small, especially when you remember that one daily mission requires 50k gold steal and gives maximum of 20k gold as reward, which doesn't make much sense for me. You can set amounts eg. sorted by lvl - 15k, 30k and 50k. These still aren't big, but come in handy more when it comes to skipping.
Also remember that Maze (except for outside game contests and guild seasons) is the only way to obtain tears (by small amounts), so when one upgrade costs hundreds of them, that big gold area annoys even more. And we have 4 perks to upgrade, not just one.

Tell me what do you think about this.
(also, pictures are not mine but I doubt someone is gonna hit me with copyright to face anyway)

Edited by MrKukurykpl, 19 June 2016 - 05:31 PM.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#2 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 995 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

To be frank, I like the percentages as they are now. The maze itself already rewards you with 15 tears, and additional tears and orbs are a "lottery bonus" so to speak.

I definitely agree with the buff on gold/keys though. They suck right now, even as consolation prizes. :P

Edited by Aluce, 19 June 2016 - 08:38 PM.

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#3 TKK

TKK

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

+1 on increasing the amounts on the spinner. I think Orbs and keys are fine, but gold should deffo be more. 

Also, you mentioned that the spinner rewards are level dependent ? Not sure about that, I've always seen the same numbers on my screen (except for keys which = max keys you can hold)

%age wise, this seems fine I guess, if they increase the gold reward to something more meaningful.

#4 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

[..]Also, you mentioned that the spinner rewards are level dependent ? Not sure about that, I've always seen the same numbers on my screen (except for keys which = max keys you can hold)

%age wise, this seems fine I guess, if they increase the gold reward to something more meaningful.

I think there are some level boundaries with maze but I don't know any numbers there :/
1st Maze level has traps below 7 lvl and there are mostly saws (which aren't as common as in over 45 lvl's maze too), also visibly simplier construction
2nd Maze lvl has slightly bigger traps levels
...X Maze lvls here - I don't know anything about them and how many there are, deleted my second baby account on which I discovered differences.
Xth Maze lvl - diamond traps everywhere.

Anyway, on lower "Maze levels" there are smaller rewards. It seems like number of stars collected doesn't affect rewards at all since they're the same, so I assume it's level based.

Are these keys really rewarded like this? I have max 66, but in maze I can get 60.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#5 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

To be frank, I like the percentages as they are now. The maze itself already rewards you with 15 tears, and additional tears and orbs are a "lottery bonus" so to speak.

I definitely agree with the buff on gold/keys though. They suck right now, even as consolation prizes. :P

Yeah, I just thought that nearly 50% chance is too much. I don't really care here for tears and orbs, the gold is the only thing that upsets me.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#6 TKK

TKK

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

Slightly off topic, but since we are discussing maze rewards, I think a flawless maze should also be rewarded. Doesn't have to be much, maybe 5 tears for 1star,10tears for 2 stars, 15 for 3 stars and 20 for flawless.

I would personally like 5 orbs for flawless, which basically means that if you made a flawless raid, and you didn't get what you wanted on the spinner, your reward is that you have another shot at it for free ;). You've earned it with the flawless raid

#7 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:04 PM

Slightly off topic, but since we are discussing maze rewards, I think a flawless maze should also be rewarded. Doesn't have to be much, maybe 5 tears for 1star,10tears for 2 stars, 15 for 3 stars and 20 for flawless.

I would personally like 5 orbs for flawless, which basically means that if you made a flawless raid, and you didn't get what you wanted on the spinner, your reward is that you have another shot at it for free ;). You've earned it with the flawless raid

Yeah, good idea. Flawless is a bit hard in Maze with all these sneaky Red undodge-able guards coming from above.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#8 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2143 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

I guess getting your maze keys back after flawless would be a bit too much to ask for :P

#9 Scoot

Scoot

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGeffi's Training School

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

I guess getting your maze keys back after flawless would be a bit too much to ask for :P

So that you could immediately enter a new maze and try the whole process over again?  That could be interesting...

#10 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

At first maze lvl it would be infinite orb farm, especially when you restarted game once.

Edited by MrKukurykpl, 28 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#11 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2143 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

So that you could immediately enter a new maze and try the whole process over again? That could be interesting...

Actually i just realized my joke could work if you got 1/3 of a maze key for flawless 0.o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea, Reward, Maze, Fix, Spinner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users