#1 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I Belong

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

So yeah my guild has been loosing like mad because each time we're winning seconds before the battle ends people get insane amounts of delta so yeah just complaining a little and wanted to share it because my guild can't no longer win any good prize because of this nonsense and meh what's up docs whatever -__-

It gets better! Loosing constantly because of our worthless effort even after obtaining 300k or 400k total scores, makes guildmates just leave! :D

Edited by ColdMurkrow71, 07 July 2016 - 01:51 AM.

Good luck and have fun!

---Max from ThunderCatz Guild (Profile pic made by Chaos)

ThunderCatz%20Banner_zpse526sxdd.png

#2 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:14 AM

The tactic you are speaking of is referred to as 'hiding gems' It is frowned upon by many players but still used by a lot of experienced guilds.

The tactic is to deliberately lose gems during the battle and not retrieve them until the end to surprise the other guild.
Often if a guild is winning by a lot they let their guard down and decide that they do not need to put up much of a fight.
Although it is kinda 'dirty', there is no reason why they should not be able to lose and retrieve their gems strategically.

It is hard to counter this type of play so I don't have any tips for you but hopefully knowing what it is will help you prepare for it and maybe even use it to your advantage.

#3 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

The tactic you are speaking of is referred to as 'hiding gems' It is frowned upon by many players but still used by a lot of experienced guilds.

The tactic is to deliberately lose gems during the battle and not retrieve them until the end to surprise the other guild.
Often if a guild is winning by a lot they let their guard down and decide that they do not need to put up much of a fight.
Although it is kinda 'dirty', there is no reason why they should not be able to lose and retrieve their gems strategically.

It is hard to counter this type of play so I don't have any tips for you but hopefully knowing what it is will help you prepare for it and maybe even use it to your advantage.

I don't think that's necessarily it, didn't that get countered with an update? Like, loosing gems, and in the other round retrieving them wouldn't increase delta?

Anyhow, it's getting annoying since we are loosing mostly because of luck, skipping 300k of gold without finding good bases, and three starring bases with two to three respins in vain is clearly chance's fault, not lack of effort, so that's why I'm pretty hopeless about what to do next on the battles :/

Good luck and have fun!

#4 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

I don't think that's necessarily it, didn't that get countered with an update? Like, loosing gems, and in the other round retrieving them wouldn't increase delta?

Anyhow, it's getting annoying since we are loosing mostly because of luck, skipping 300k of gold without finding good bases, and three starring bases with two to three respins in vain is clearly chance's fault, not lack of effort, so that's why I'm pretty hopeless about what to do next on the battles :/

It is true that you can no longer gain delta from gems lost last round, that is not what they are doing, they are losing gems in the current round and retrieving them at the end.
Also, remember the higher your delta is at the end of a guild battle the more difficult the next one will be, due to the matchmaking.

And skipping 300k is not enough these days, since heartbeat and season rewards most people orb their good rituals, meaning less high tier gems.

To find anything good top players skip millions of gold.

Edited by Chaos, 07 July 2016 - 04:39 AM.

#5 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

Sure! Because we ALL have millions of gold and are competent enough to face Mishlo tier players!

Naaaaaah, thanks for the tips but that's freaking out of my league, and Im not gonna pay money or hunt more bases for gold, 1 single base burns all my keys already.

Edited by ColdMurkrow71, 07 July 2016 - 02:18 PM.

Good luck and have fun!

#6 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

Something great happened! I keep loosing guild members, we're still loosing the guild battle, everyone three stars my base, and i three star every retrieve gem with three respins, AND HAVE RETRIEVED NONE OF THEM
I swear, is my game glitching or something? Since when is this so dang unfair and infuriating? It was always unbalanced as heck, but now it's way worse, I might aswell just call it quits.

Good luck and have fun!

#7 Rachid

Rachid

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location51.507, 3.62171

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

In my guild when we are way ahead, I always check the other team. If I see that they lost a lot, I keep that in mind, because in theory you have to add those negatives to their Delta in order to not get surprised in the end. Also trap level tells a lot about their skills. For example account levels 45+ but still low level traps (Tier 1&2) or almost all low level account (< 26), which can't find Golden gems. Guilds that look like that are nowhere near to be a threat.

As Chaos already said, at the end of a GvG make sure to win with just a little (better safe then sorry, don't let them surprise you in the last minute). The higher your Delta at the end of GvG, the harder next fight will be...........most likely.
MzDGziC.jpg

#8 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Trap levels most of the time, but there is that guy who used to be from ligers, was it Ange4o or something like that? He was really good.
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#9 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2095 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Trap levels most of the time, but there is that guy who used to be from ligers, was it Ange4o or something like that? He was really good.

Angen014, 3rd in Dictators.
I do wonder why most people can't figure out how to game the system though, it's quite easy.

giphy.gif

#10 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

Not playing KOT anymore

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

Zeptolab have made a hell load of mistakes that need fixing fast, otherwise they may just end up damaging the game beyond repair. I have kinda got bored by the time the seasons came out and therefore I am not bothered.

BYE KOT

electriking.png

I have a Discord server: https://discord.gg/46h35Er

#11 ColdMurkrow71

ColdMurkrow71

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

Angen014, 3rd in Dictators.
I do wonder why most people can't figure out how to game the system though, it's quite easy.

Not that much easy when nobody in your guild wants to sell gems to lower our delta and have an easier opponent next round :(

Good luck and have fun!

#12 Chaos

Chaos

High Overseer

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Well, if it would be any help you could add me on facebook so I can retrieve gems, let me know who you are first though because I get a lot of requests and I have stopped accepting random people because my retrieve log was getting crowded.

#13 DanFariasM

DanFariasM

Peekaboo... ;)

• Elder Watcher
  • 2940 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

2. Stay on topic! Do not start discussing things irrelevant to the war. If you have any comments about specific members or want to talk about another guild, do that elsewhere.

The Official Facebook Friend Thread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yes, no, unfair, not, please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users