Debug

The Debugger

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Huehue

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

This is GREAT!!!

Debugger | Level 43 | 1.4M Gems | king art online 2 _ Batatomate | Level 11 | 86K Gems | Brasil team
xplpaqt.png
Signature by OnProch97

#22 Astair

Astair

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Locationpsst :3

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

I would like you to add the rubber platform drop jump to this list....pm me for the details

#23 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

I would like you to add the rubber platform drop jump to this list....pm me for the details

Can you add a picture or pm it? There was one i tested that could be the one you are thinking of. It turned out as "probably not even path dependent" since i couldnt find any impossible paths for the jump.

Currently the guide doesnt have a section for precise jumps that are not path dependent, but i am thinking of adding one with a few of the harder ones.

#24 Astair

Astair

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:19 PM

This is the one...it is geniune since i encountered it today. This pic is from a video. il pm that

sq22cod.jpg

#25 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

This is the one...it is geniune since i encountered it today. This pic is from a video. il pm that

Spoiler

I am 100% sure that jump is indeed path dependent and could possibly be pixel perfect (unconfirmed). Its a good example, good job on noticing.

However that jump has been removed from the game and i am hesitant to add it for this reason. I will consider a "removed jumps" section to avoid confusion, and this will be the first jump there if/when one is opened.

#26 Astair

Astair

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

I am 100% sure that jump is indeed path dependent and could possibly be pixel perfect (unconfirmed). Its a good example, good job on noticing.

However that jump has been removed from the game and i am hesitant to add it for this reason. I will consider a "removed jumps" section to avoid confusion, and this will be the first jump there if/when one is opened.

It HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED because i just did it today on a campers base(all traps lvl 39)...like i said, i noticed something off used a pot and I DID complete it...

Edited by Astair, 20 August 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#27 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

Oliver, you won't complete this guide? Or you still working on?

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#28 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Oliver, you won't complete this guide? Or you still working on?

It is complete. I just resereved those slots for future physics changes ;)

#29 Mylo

Mylo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

This is sum of my experience after reading this :

Spoiler

Edited by Mylo, 19 September 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#30 cuscusasasasr456

cuscusasasasr456

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

awesome work, gj

#31 Unique

Unique

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere, Never and always.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:48 AM

It is complete. I just resereved those slots for future physics changes ;)

Oliver, this is phenomenal. Absolutely amazing, and I am incredibly impressed. Now, since you said you may change things later, could you do us a favor by adding a section on platforms and trampolines, maybe the gravity switch? I really am interested in magnet jumps.

#32 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

I put it on my TO DO list. I have a lot on my hands this month, but ill start gathering videos and raiding these bases just for the replays. You will probably see results in mid-february-ish :)

#33 Unique

Unique

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere, Never and always.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Thank you very much. :)

#34 Drakeem514

Drakeem514

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Great topic Oliver, I learned a lot. I only have one question. When you are doing the April Fools saw jump you keep saying look for the path for the wiggle animation. I don't fully understand what you mean by the "wiggle" animation. I see that in the gif where you were able to successfully perform the jump the thief kinda flipped in midair. Is that what you mean by wiggle? 

#35 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Great topic Oliver, I learned a lot. I only have one question. When you are doing the April Fools saw jump you keep saying look for the path for the wiggle animation. I don't fully understand what you mean by the "wiggle" animation. I see that in the gif where you were able to successfully perform the jump the thief kinda flipped in midair. Is that what you mean by wiggle? 

The "wiggle animation" can only happen when you fail the jump. You can see it in the third gif of that section, basically when the thief looks away from the saw before dying. OP EDIT: I have added a sentence there mentioning that that is what I refer to by as the wiggle animation. 

The second part seems like a flawed example since it does not show the path where the thief does a perfect corner jump, and goes straight for the saw without any extra bounces. Thats why I made a gif of it and will add it to my post. Here it is so you dont have to search for the wiggle animation :)

7YAWiab.gif

As a reminder to anyone reading this, I talk about wiglle animations because of the following: 

If X is some path to pass the saw jump --> Then a few of the paths neighboring (really close to) X probably induce a wiggly animation. The other way this does not stand 100%, but these are very good starting points usually worth investigating.

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#36 LyghtK

LyghtK

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

woooow nice post :)

#37 Drakeem514

Drakeem514

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

The "wiggle animation" can only happen when you fail the jump. You can see it in the third gif of that section, basically when the thief looks away from the saw before dying. OP EDIT: I have added a sentence there mentioning that that is what I refer to by as the wiggle animation. 

The second part seems like a flawed example since it does not show the path where the thief does a perfect corner jump, and goes straight for the saw without any extra bounces. Thats why I made a gif of it and will add it to my post. Here it is so you dont have to search for the wiggle animation :)

7YAWiab.gif

As a reminder to anyone reading this, I talk about wiglle animations because of the following: 

If X is some path to pass the saw jump --> Then a few of the paths neighboring (really close to) X probably induce a wiggly animation. The other way this does not stand 100%, but these are very good starting points usually worth investigating.

Ahh, so basically when you jump to the saw and you hit the corner right below and you get the animation of the thief kinda sliding upward and running into the saw (I don't think these thieves are very smart), that means you are very close to a path that would allow you to successfully complete that jump.

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 11:51 AM.
updated quoted image link

#38 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2139 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

could you do us a favor by adding a section on platforms and trampolines, maybe the gravity switch? I really am interested in magnet jumps.

I have opened a new section: Video guides.

The first entry by Ash contains the magnet jump that is combined with a saw. (I am aware of alternate uses with platforms). Berndt Toast made many videos of the hardest platform/gravity bases in the game, however I am currently unaware of a large tutorial that contains a huge mix of these jumps. I will search for such video, or get someone to make one, or even make a video myself (Id prefer not to, my apps are pretty crude for making videos, but I could solve it. :P )

Also I will keep on expanding this section so that almost any solution to an extremely complex base can be found right here, in one place. 

#39 JellyDoughnut

JellyDoughnut

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYour Local Bakery

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Oliver, Thanks for the AWESOME guide on pixel perfect jumps! This is extremely useful and really helped me to get an understanding of how those jumps worked.

Also helped me steal a gem  ;)  

#40 JayMon

JayMon

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

Can someone please upload the pictures and gifs again?
That would be so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users