• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sunkenmonk

Sunkenmonk

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

We have all been there, spending 100K+ gold to find a good gem, deep silver is pretty rare, gold even rarer, gold ring, well, pack that 500k gold, a couple of hours and the luck to not accidentally skip that precious gem, and you might get one. There are a lot of suggestions out there to try and fix the gem availability problem, my friend who got me into this game had an idea to force people to do large gem rituals, but that's unfair. So here i present my 2 cent's worth:

Enter Cursed gems idea:

The idea is a high risk high reward that conforms to the micro transaction policy of the game, and that is both optional for the player and hopefully doesn't break balance.

Cursed gems:

Using the middle slot in the ritual, and for the cost of 5 orbs and 15 tear drops, you can curse your gem.

Cursing a gem can only be done once every 48 hours.

Cursing a gem will change its color to [insert color here] (suggestion: black) and shape to [insert shape here] (suggestion: pentagon) 

Cursing a gem will triple the gem value

Cursing a gems does not round it up to 999999 if the value of the curse exceeds the 999999 limit (be careful what gems you curse)

Cursed gems cannot be placed in the vault

To make the value change of the curse permanent the gem must be combined with 2 other gems that aren't cursed.

When combined with others, Cursed gems will round up to 999999 limit.

Having a cursed gem in a totem will triple the orb value for speeding up the ritual so instead of 108 for the 12 hours, you'll have to pay 324.

Cursing a gem will place a 24 hour destruction timer on the gem, if the gem is not combined with other gems in a ritual by the end of the 48 hours, the gem is destroyed. If the gem timer runs out while in a ritual, the totem will break, and you'll lose all gems in the ritual.

A cursed gem will stay cursed when stolen, the timer will restart for both the stolen and retrieved gem.

Combining more than 1 cursed gem in a totem ritual will produce a cursed gem, but with a new 24 timer

Why do i think this suggestion will work?!

Well, it's simple:

it presents a high risk high reward way to increase the value of one of your gems.

It forces people who choose that route to put higher value gems out there for others to steal.

It conforms to the already existing system of microtransaction.

It is balanced, players cannot pay orbs to suddenly gain 1999998 using the cursed gem system, the gain is limited to 666666 (if the players spend the time and effort to get an exact 333333 gem in the first place) every 48 hours by cursing a gem.

It forces others who stole said gem to put it out there for others to steal

And last but not least, after 6 months of playing this game, this is suggestion is the fruit of love, consideration, understanding the development mentality of a microtransaction game, and the frustrations of all my friends and other players who play this game and cannot find good gems.

This is a great game, let's make it even better and fun to play!

#2 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 637 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

+1 for everything, but I don't like that It changes colour.

Let it be disguised as unique gems are, and reveal to be cursed only AFTER they got stolen. Let's add a bit more thrill ;).

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#3 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

Wait... you said that cursed gems cannot be sealed. Then why would we even need it when after ritual it becomes useless or auto-sold? Or you just didn't mention what happens after succesful ritual.

Besides, 5 orbs and 15 tears is way too low price for tripling gem score, even if it is risky.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#4 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 637 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Wait... you said that cursed gems cannot be sealed. Then why would we even need it when after ritual it becomes useless or auto-sold? Or you just didn't mention what happens after succesful ritual.

Besides, 5 orbs and 15 tears is way too low price for tripling gem score, even if it is risky.

As far as I understood, cursed+2normal gem will give you a normal gem which can be sealed as normal.

Now that I think about it, probably 5orbs 15 tear is low.. top players could get 600k/48h too easily in this way.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#5 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Not really. I was thinking it was too high of a price. The ritual would be super risky, because you stand to lose two gems if it gets interrupted.
But great idea +1!
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#6 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

Well, he didn't say anything about this, so I'll wait for clarification.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#7 CounterKitty

CounterKitty

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon!

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

I agree with most of this, but the gem should NOT break your totem. It would be way to easy to curse gems just to move on to the next totem.

#8 Ryblik

Ryblik

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

Very good idea. Gives a good thrill! And I agree with Skydancer, don't change colour.

#9 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

I agree with most of this, but the gem should NOT break your totem. It would be way to easy to curse gems just to move on to the next totem.

he didn't say "break the totem" he said break the other gems.
Or, I realize he did. But that could be changed. You are right, pit a cursed gem in a donut base, let it get stolen, and boom! 48 hours later, new base.

Edited by Plznopotions, 25 July 2016 - 01:21 PM.

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#10 Sunkenmonk

Sunkenmonk

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

As far as I understood, cursed+2normal gem will give you a normal gem which can be sealed as normal.

Now that I think about it, probably 5orbs 15 tear is low.. top players could get 600k/48h too easily in this way.

It's as skydancer said, after a successful ritual you'll get a normal gem (hence breaking the curse) which can be sealed normally

And this is a suggestion after all if you think the cost is too low, then by all means suggest something higher!

And perhaps the color change can be for the player alone! that's a pretty interesting idea actually, like unique gems

Thank you all for the replies! i love them!

Yes! thank you, that escaped my mind, i was thinking of when you get a really good base, which is when i usually put my higher value gems, i totally forgot that there are not so great bases out there ':D (my current base is top notch lol woops!) so yes! it'll cause you to lose other gems!

And to add, You can't sell cursed gems, and if they're destroyed they're all but thin air.

#11 Sunkenmonk

Sunkenmonk

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

darn, breaking the totem idea was kinda silly, i had forgotten about the not so great bases =_=', you could easily break a totem within the first 24 hours using a low value cursed gem with 5 minutes left on the timer !

Thank you CounterKitty

Edited by Sunkenmonk, 25 July 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#12 teo

teo

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

+1

I agree with Sunkenmonk in everything

vWPX6KN.jpg

#13 TinyPixel

TinyPixel

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDhaka

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

Very interesting and by far the best suggestion I've read here. It really shows your efforts, kudos man! (I see what you did there, the pentagon and the 666 haha)

However, I believe some refinements need to be done. I'm more interested in the side effect it will have on the player who steals it. What I'm trying to say is, it should come with some consequences. For example something like... when a player steals it, his/her on going ritual gets cancelled, so he/she will have to start a new ritual. It should cause some kinda damage, haha.

And about the orbs, I think 100 orbs and 100 tears will be decent enough. So that people won't abuse it and it will force players to come up with new strategies on how they spend their orbs.

A8jx4Cn.png?1

Take a break, view some art, or show some love.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: high value gems, suggestion, ritual, totem, gems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users