Uchiha

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hello all! :-)
Wow what a great update!! And so much content was added to the game with the subscription offer!! Buut??
I have a pretty strong rituals berserker, and my keys are maxed.. so its kind of obvious that i would start raiding people to reduce my ritual time.. but suddenly i got a pop up on my screen that said something with being online to much? (It changed so fast i couldnt even read it..)
Now i got logged off, and when i wanna get on it get a notification that my next login time can be in 3 hours.. sooo zepto.. you see... i was kind of missing 1 hour on my golden ritual here.. i paid for the keys.. you made the rituals berserker a part of the game.. and didnt notify me before i was kicked out about any time limit (else i would have orbed it!, also why am i not allowed to play?) Please answer.. my acc is Uchi i am level 428 and i got the feeling someone is about to snatch my golden 9xx gem which wont then fit with the other gems if retrieved as im about to make a 999.999... zzz help?

Regards Uchiha

Oh, and the notification is called "login offset" what is all of this? I feel somehow cheated to spend my real life money and so much time to end up not being able to play and losing my gem.. i hope you can see it from my point and we can figure something out. If anybody has experienced this previously please let me know if i am the only one unaware of a "login offset".
I am on an Android device by the way if that has any importance?

Edited by Fezzik, 13 August 2016 - 04:16 AM.
merged posts. please use the "edit" button

gOHITS1.png

#2 Cyr

Cyr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:23 PM

Oh, and the notification is called "login offset" what is all of this? I feel somehow cheated to spend my real life money and so much time to end up not being able to play and losing my gem.. i hope you can see it from my point and we can figure something out. If anybody has experienced this previously please let me know if i am the only one unaware of a "login offset".
I am on an Android device by the way if that has any importance?

This feature was added in so people are unable to auto click and stay logged in during rituals. Obviously it took some thought to implement and it was set ingame :) 

Xz9FCL9.png

#3 Uchiha

Uchiha

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

Ok, but how could it be triggered when i have been actively raiding people for the past 2-3 hours? I have the 660 keys.. and i have a rituals berserker that reduces my ritual time with 300 sec for each raid i do.. so my plan was to raid and raid while the ritual is on.. then level up and keep raiding and finishing the ritual.. i was raiding for so long that i only had about 1 hour left :/ ...
gOHITS1.png

#4 Cyr

Cyr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:38 PM

Ok, but how could it be triggered when i have been actively raiding people for the past 2-3 hours? I have the 660 keys.. and i have a rituals berserker that reduces my ritual time with 300 sec for each raid i do.. so my plan was to raid and raid while the ritual is on.. then level up and keep raiding and finishing the ritual.. i was raiding for so long that i only had about 1 hour left :/ ...

I suppose zeptolab doesn't want us to do this? Maybe they will rework the system who knows. I wonder how this will play out during challenges, hopefully it doesn't interfere. 

Xz9FCL9.png

#5 SweetMint

SweetMint

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationEATING DESERT

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

I suppose zeptolab doesn't want us to do this? Maybe they will rework the system who knows. I wonder how this will play out during challenges, hopefully it doesn't interfere.

Update 2.13 patch notes:
Zeptolab=Parents

#6 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 994 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

The game should notify you of this better, that's definitely a big point, and it's already being discussed.

Anyway, the way it works can be found in the anticipation thread. As a summary: if you're online for 6 hours throughout the day and haven't taken a 3+ hour break somewhere, then you will be forced to a 3 hour break by the game.

It has its perks and flaws and hopefully the flaws will be ironed out soon.

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#7 Weber Guy

Weber Guy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

I don't normally post complaints here, but in this case I feel obliged to chip in my two cents worth. I am a relatively new player, and spend a lot of time learning new techniques by practicing as much as I can. When I run out of keys, I practice in my guild members dungeons until my keys build up, then back to real dungeons. Today, I got this "take a rest" suggestion (not really a suggestion, but I'll be polite). And yes, I do appreciate that it also protects me gem for a large portion of time, but as long as I am learning and having fun, I feel it's my business to tell myself when to take a break. As a retired person, I play the game for something to do during my down days. On ANY given day I play for a few hours, take a short break, and play again for a few hours, which will trigger this PRETTY MUCH EVERY DAY that I devote to playing as the only time I would take a 3 hour break is at nighttime.

As well, I should point out that while my grandson has a subscription option on his mobile device, no such option exists on my Windows version of the game. It's already a bit crippling playing under Windows since the jumps are slightly lower and some fancy jumps just can't be achieved (at least some that I can easily do on grandsons iPad, but totally fail on PC). It should at least be a level playing field!

In closing, I would urge you guys to rethink the "time out" idea. I play the game because I want a game to play when I'm bored, and if this game can't accommodate that, maybe I need to rethink where I allocate my time and money.

#8 SweetMint

SweetMint

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationEATING DESERT

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

I don't normally post complaints here, but in this case I feel obliged to chip in my two cents worth. I am a relatively new player, and spend a lot of time learning new techniques by practicing as much as I can. When I run out of keys, I practice in my guild members dungeons until my keys build up, then back to real dungeons. Today, I got this "take a rest" suggestion (not really a suggestion, but I'll be polite). And yes, I do appreciate that it also protects me gem for a large portion of time, but as long as I am learning and having fun, I feel it's my business to tell myself when to take a break. As a retired person, I play the game for something to do during my down days. On ANY given day I play for a few hours, take a short break, and play again for a few hours, which will trigger this PRETTY MUCH EVERY DAY that I devote to playing as the only time I would take a 3 hour break is at nighttime.

As well, I should point out that while my grandson has a subscription option on his mobile device, no such option exists on my Windows version of the game. It's already a bit crippling playing under Windows since the jumps are slightly lower and some fancy jumps just can't be achieved (at least some that I can easily do on grandsons iPad, but totally fail on PC). It should at least be a level playing field!

In closing, I would urge you guys to rethink the "time out" idea. I play the game because I want a game to play when I'm bored, and if this game can't accommodate that, maybe I need to rethink where I allocate my time and money.

With all due respect po
The timeout suggestion was done to prevent as we know as "auto clickers" where in people build machines or download programs that automatically taps the screen at a given time interval so technically they can`t be raided at all because they are always online.The max playing time is 6 hours and if your playing time adds up to 6 hours in total, the game will force you to take a break for 3 hours.After 3 hours you are able to play for another 6 hours.
Regarding your situation with windows,
playing on a mobile, non-windows phone is easier for most players due to fact that it doesn`t have problems when the game updates,your saved game online is safe in google drives,and it is easier to do jumps in general.
Hope I helped :) :D

#9 Cyr

Cyr

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:38 AM

I completely agree, they should really consider removing this feature or reworking it so players can play when they want :/

Xz9FCL9.png

#10 Debzzi

Debzzi

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn a universe far far away.........

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:19 AM

Surely if it is to stop auto-clickers it doesn't need to use a total of 6 hours without a 3 hour break? Wouldn't a one hour break achieve that? That then wouldn't stop people who play short periods throughout the day without 3 hour gaps. I have a feeling I'm going to run foul of this one sooner or later.

#11 DJBazz

DJBazz

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:05 AM

The game should warn you like 10 minutes before the auto-logoff kicks in, so you could take some last minute actions.

#12 Uchiha

Uchiha

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

Guys im sorry, but this 3+ hour break time makes no sense.. take my situation yesterday.. i was playing with the new updates for a few hours.. then i went offline while my workout and my cardio which was quite long yesterday.. so i might have checked KoT once when ibwas done in the gym to check my guild chat.. but didnt play.. so what do you want from me? I am 28 years old.. i have an active lifestyle and it makes no sense to keep someone from logging on a mobile game.. i know that on the Nintendo Wii, you will be asked to take a break, and if you dont want to.. you can keep playing.. when i got home i was totally devastated after my cardio.. after eating i was just sitting on my couch before bedtime and playing while listening to some music and honestly i am pissed because i lost my hours of work now.. (yes i did lose the gem.. just checked..) my gem of retrieved wont fit in the totem to make a 999.999 anymore.. so what's the point guys? What if this was you?
And you guys with autoclicker reason.. you must be kidding me.. you can't ruin the game for the legit players like that.. any control test box could easily cope with that.. (just browse the internet where you from time to time will be asked.. verify you're not a robot or smth..)
Thx.. Also i hope Zepto will look into this and tell us specifically what's up here and the ideas and reasons behind it.. because it doesn't make sense to me..

Regards Uchiha

Ok, i just got the gem back and it seems i was reslly lucky.. it will fit into the totem and reduces the guikd bonus to 300.. yes that was close Zepto! So everything about the gem is fine, now we just need to figure out how to prevent this from happening suddenly and/or randomly in the future..
Regards Uchiha

gOHITS1.png

#13 Weber Guy

Weber Guy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

So what I'm hearing is that there are so many people cheating (using autoclickers) that something had to be done. This REALLY doesn't instill confidence in my long term playing experience for two reasons... A) If people are cheating using autoclicking, they are likely cheating in other ways, which scares me off a bit, and B) The sloppy, lazy method of combatting it shows little forethought to how the legitimate players fit the game into their lives.

It would make much more sense to me to require a specific button to be pushed that - first paused the game regardless of where it was at, appeared at random 15-30 minute intervals at random locations on the screen, and was dismissed with a simple click which then unpaused the game a few seconds later. To prevent people from using it to study a dungeon, if it were not pressed within 10-15 seconds, the game would simply shut down.

Or if you wanted a truly elegant solution... Just use the computers to sort the database to find people who play longer that 5-6 hours straight without logging out, and investigate/penalize them. :-)

#14 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

So what I'm hearing is that there are so many people cheating (using autoclickers) that something had to be done. This REALLY doesn't instill confidence in my long term playing experience for two reasons... A) If people are cheating using autoclicking, they are likely cheating in other ways, which scares me off a bit, and B) The sloppy, lazy method of combatting it shows little forethought to how the legitimate players fit the game into their lives.

It would make much more sense to me to require a specific button to be pushed that - first paused the game regardless of where it was at, appeared at random 15-30 minute intervals at random locations on the screen, and was dismissed with a simple click which then unpaused the game a few seconds later. To prevent people from using it to study a dungeon, if it were not pressed within 10-15 seconds, the game would simply shut down.

Or if you wanted a truly elegant solution... Just use the computers to sort the database to find people who play longer that 5-6 hours straight without logging out, and investigate/penalize them. :-)

Majority of games have cheats, thats just the nature of the beast.

We have seen a big increase in tools and today is the first major step to fighting these people.

I admit its not perfect, the way the timer stacks and no prior warning to the kick needs to be addressed, but we cant just have a button appearing in a random location which needs to be pressed, as tools can be programmed to press said buttons.

Also we cant penalise any player that has stayed online for 5 hours straight, as some do that legitimately during big battles and challenges.

#15 Plasticine

Plasticine

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Three hours is way too long, sorry.

Make it so it will have some sort of captcha pop up to check for auto clicking bots or something... And then time people out if it is not answered properly. Punishing those of us who are actually actively online just for playing a lot and enjoying the game is asinine.

Also, where did the free orbs for watching an ad every hour go? Can't stand us getting 5 free orbs a day?

#16 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

Agree with everything you just said :)

1 hour would be long enough IMO, and a captcha verification would have been neat.

Didnt use the 1 orb ad, maybe it will be back soon?

#17 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 994 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

The captcha solution is very elegant and useful. Doesn't hurt legitimately active people and effectively combats autoclickers.

I'd be happy already, though, if the time-out is less long (but sufficient to be raided once or twice), such as one hour or an hour and a half, and if there was some sort of warning shortly before hitting the mark.

There are other suggestions already, as well. I'd hate to see the feature stay the way it is so hopefully Zeptolab can be convinced to tweak it a little bit :P

thief1.png 158,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#18 Tangihorse

Tangihorse

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Wow great, Im working hard to win green gem challenge for whol day and I get this dumb ban, really? 

So basicaly someone gets handicapped. cuz i got banned, 

Well done zepto... 

#19 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 633 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:59 PM

Imo the system is completely wrong. I woke up at 9am, I played somewhere between 4-5 hours today and now at 6pm I had to stop since I wanted to have 2-3 hours to rush a ritual for the night.

Just make it like.. " if I go over 6hours in the span of 9 hours, RIP. At 9 hours since your morning login, timer gets reseted. And of course it gets reseted after 3 hours of break."

But it can't be counted troughout THE WHOLE DAY, cmon...

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#20 Hannes

Hannes

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

Zepto clearly didnt think about the disadvantage of the 3 hour timer. Yeah there are cheaters but I bet those guys find a way to also cheat this 3 hour break. Captcha would be much better indeed. Also the loyalty thing in guilds sucks. Why? Cause to get the highest season prize (when the guild wins 9 battles) you need to have to be in the guild for 9 battles. So after that you just move to another good guild. Why not the amount of battles much higher? And also only for players who have been active during those battles by at least getting some points?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users