6 replies to this topic

#1 brainDANdy

brainDANdy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

For the last battle of the season:

If you want to be a King of Thieves superhero and truly make someones day, hit me up. Before the season is over I would like to synchronize an planned act of creating a gem lottery, legally with KoT rules.

The plan is to coordinate with other Robin Hood do-gooders to give a junior player a jump start and as someone you've never met maybe even halfway around the planet, s/he is about to have a very unexpected happy moment that will brighten their day, and it will cost you not much time, most likely, and possibly free maybe cost only a few bucks. To make a stranger incredibly happy and excited and give them confidence and energy for a day or so, might be worth a couple bucks at most to your. The plan is to choose a very easy dungeon configuration, upgrade one of the traps and set out your most expensive gem in your totem. Allow it to be stolen by the first one who stumbles onto your dungeon. Then just retrieve it and if necessary, pay a few bucks to spin it out. Sounds crazy to you? Not if you're a superhero. That's what they do all the time! So be a do gooder and superhero, and reply here if you're interested and free tomorrow night around GMT 2:59. At that time, I will begin a ritual with a 850000 gem, easy to steal and then steal it back (which only steals back a copy of the gem so then you both have it). Someone will just walk right into it unsuspectingly.

This would especially appeal to you if:
- you are in the Gods Leagues (gem total doesn't advance you, only change scores)
- losing a score for this last battle will not affect your season outcome
- have resources and skills to retrieve your gem.

#2 Astair

Astair

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Locationpsst :3

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

Well thieves in Gods, Kok league arent exactly newbies :rolleyes:.

#3 brainDANdy

brainDANdy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Yes but there are some guys in their 40s and 50s levels like me and others at level 100, 200+... So all is relative. :D

My point was just to give something away to someone with no skill required. It would also have a better chance of being a lower level player who steals it, easier to retrieve.

#4 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2370 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

Are you one of the super hero do gooders?

Or one of the inexperienced guys hoping for a free easy gem ;)

#5 brainDANdy

brainDANdy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Well I am not a KoK LoL. But since I am putting out a 850000 gem for some random dude to get, I guess that would put me in the do gooder camp. But seriously want to keep the exact timing and date a secret to those in the hood for the purpose of preventing other from using that knowledge to go looting. But even if you knew the exact time, you couldn't just go pick out those dungeons. You would have to be randomly selected to do so, and those gems will disappear in a minute or less. So it is more like a lottery.

But decent question, full of undertones that needed to be addressed

#6 brainDANdy

brainDANdy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

Are there any other superheroes out there who believe in the power of random spontaneous anonymous acts of kindness in this world? Are have we de-evolved to our monkey brains that want to compete, fight, and kill each other? Just one moment of noncompetitiveness in this game, and a lifetime of other moments to steal steal steal. Is anyone with me? Does the super-uber-cheese stand alone?

#7 brainDANdy

brainDANdy

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

Aw boo! No takers.
Well looks like I am doing it on my own. If anyone is interested in this concept: prosocial gaming as avatar for your prosocial attitudes in life, being a superhero 24/7 everywhere you interact with others, hit me up and keep this topic alive. I will post my results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flash mob, Superhero, Robin Hood, Anonymous, Random, Acts of kindness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users