#1 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:29 AM

Here is a guide on what your traps and castle should be to at each given level.

(Note: This is a reasonable level of "camping" to get to these. Just don't raid too much)

Bold red is the in game level. Bold is just something to note. Bold italics is trap level. Bold underlined is castle upgrades. Italics is throne level.

Level 1: The only thing to get here, is upgrade your saw at least once at the FIRST dungeon. Why? this saves some money, as you always get a free saw upgrade at the second dungeon. And make sure you get key capacity up to at least one level. (I think it is required.)(DO NOT GET MINE CAPACITY OR LOCK UPGRADES YET)(Do not respin on ingredients until you get to i. e. the 7th totem, when you get 10% on eyes)

Level 2-5 By level four, get your cannon, saw, and RG up to level 5. This will hold off a brave heart 3, (which some people get) or a level 1 lucky crystal/wealthy duke. at this point, try have key capacity up to level 4, no more, and key regen up to level 2-4, no more as well. Depending on how ambitious you are. (Note: your lock will more and likely be upgraded to level 2 at this point, DO NOT get it any higher.) (Note: Start respinning once or twice per ritual when you have 10% chance on an eye, which is something like the 7th totem. Respin twice per ritual unless you don't have enough obs for your liking, then respin once, or only respin with ten orbs if it lands on leaf.)(Never respin on mushrooms or eyes.)

Get your wealthy duke up to level 1, and don't upgrade your Brave Heart.

Level 6-7, Get your cannon, RG, saw, and either homing cannon or blue guard up to Level 7, as it can hold off a level 3 brave heart and a level 2 Duke/Lucky. Get your Key regen up to level 4 if you already haven't. and get your skull gold bonus up to level 1-3 if you can manage that. 

Get wealthy duke up to level 2

Level 8-15, Get the rest of your traps up to this level, (Level 7) except lil scorcher and ricochet, if you can't. Get your Key capacity, regen, and Skull gold, up to level 4 Try and get your merchant up to level 3-4 by the end of level 15. DO NOT GET ANYTHING ELSE! You can get key capacity and skull gold up one or two levels if you have a hard time getting gold, but you should avoid it if you can.

Get wealthy duke up to level 3, do not get wise judge or sun lit. 

Level 16-23, Get ALL your traps up to level 9 at this point, if you can. After you cross the level 25 threshold, make sure all the traps are at level 9, except possibly the scorcher and ricochet, get those up to 5, reasonably. Upgrade Merchant to max (level 11), and upgrade key capacity up to 18-24 keys, whichever you are comfortable with, then get as much skull gold bonus as you can, while getting good trap levels.

If you don't have very many eyes, and at least 11 mushrooms, get level 4 wealthy duke to level 4. If you have a large amount of eyes, get foreseer to level 1. 

Level 24-27, Get your Ricochet and scorcher up to level 9 or 10, and the rest of the traps up to level 12. get your skull gold up to about 500 per skull, and then upgrade your lock and gold mine speed to level 4. Then get your gem defense up as high as you can until the end of this level. (Note: If ever you feel you don't have enough keys, upgrade your key capacity a couple of levels.) 

If you have gotten Wealthy Duke level 4, get foreseer at this point. If you already have foreseer level 1, get level 2 by level 27.

Level 28-33, Get all your traps up to level 15, except ricochet and scorcher, get those as close to level 15 as you can afford, approximately level 12. Get Gem defense up to about 45%, then max out your skull gold. Keep getting key capacity when you need. 

You should be able to get your foreseer up to level 2 at this point, possibly 3.

Level 34-39, Here is the big jump, get your traps to level 20, and ricochet and scorcher up to about level 17. Max out gem defense, and start upgrading key regen.

Get level 3 foreseer at this point. maybe 4.

Level 40-45, Get your traps up to Level 26, and at level 45 keep getting them up higher. Max out key capacity and key regen, and get gold mine upgrades if you so desire. It is not recommended to upgrade locks.

Get level 4 foreseer by level 45.

This guide does not include how high your gem count and league status should be. Keep it reasonably close to this guide.

This guide is a recommendation, if you don't follow it exactly, you should still be fine. 

Edited by berndt_toast, 22 September 2016 - 02:13 PM.

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#2 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:30 AM

Special thanks to Aluce, who made this possible with his De Rege Latronum guide.

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#3 Debzzi

Debzzi

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn a universe far far away.........

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

Great guide. I'd also add in that you should be buying the 3 extra gem spaces in the vault. I know it is not totally part of the topic but it makes such a difference getting them before you get out of the lower leagues where it is easier to get orbs.

#4 xitooner

xitooner

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:05 AM

Nice!   Good to have something to compare against my personal approach.

I am more cautious approach than you in some ways; partly because I've never BEEN high-level, so I didnt really know what is "good enough" for my level.  I am the type of person who tends to be over-prepared. :D

I am level 10 with maxed merchant and 420-460 skull bonus....(heavy focus to speed up merchant);  did most of it from levels 8-10.   Once I got max Merchant I immediately went to Gem Defense.  I am right with you on trap upgrades (level 7).  I rarely run out of gold; almost always able to get the next upgrade immediately.  It was a pain to get here, but I dont regret it now. 

What I am not doing as fast as you recommend (and I am pretty sure its a mistake) are the dungeons.  Mostly because I'm really tending to focus on learning how to make good dungeons, and I spend a lot of time on each one.. buying the 1st/2nd sets and experimenting with them, etc.    Its my favorite part and I want to enjoy it.    Now that I have a good start on Gem Defense I'll now be pushing a lot faster through the dungeons and catch up with the rest of your recommendations there I think.

Related; the other likely mistake I made, in hindsight; I really should have pushed on by now to at least level 11, to open up using 3K+ gems in totems.  I've been a little TOO intent on not progressing in level, I think. 

What also held me up.... playing in a guild... sometimes I do things for the good of the guild that will delay my own advancement; I tend to do less "grab any gem available and get to the next dungeon" rituals, and wait to get more nice gems from the mines to boost my delta.  (I also wait to get 3 gems same color for potions).     You cant be a truly good guild member at low levels in a traditional sense... but I do the best I can within my current limits (which cant be too bad since I tend to be in the top 5 all the time anyway even without raiding).  And being a contributing member really helped me to get orbs to open up a couple of gem slots, and learn a lot playing my guild members dungeons. 

Debzzi is right; paying 250 orb for a gem slot will help push you up a league each time, which pays approx 100orbs for the next gem slot....

What I'd like to see more info on:

- Early use of mines.   I pushed to the 6th mine and stopped there (put me around level 9).  Thats plenty to play with for multiple seasons without raiding, if you use it well, IMO.

- More info on when/what to do with tears from guilds, and reasonable limits per level range (I pour into Revitalizing Heartbeat if I happen to not have enough gold for an upgrade, for the day I do start raiding.  Always upgrading, every minute)

Really like what you've written though!

Edited by xitooner, 23 September 2016 - 12:19 AM.

#5 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

I am not focusing on gem mines, gem count, tear upgrades, or gem slots. If you want to know more about this, check out Oliver's thread.

Edited by Plznopotions, 23 September 2016 - 12:26 AM.

hO3d6rD.jpg

#6 Snowball

Snowball

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOn top of your totem, staring at the semi-perfect gem I just stole.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:20 AM

Level 24-27, Get your Ricochet and scorcher up to level 9 or 10, and the rest of the traps up to level 12. get your skull gold up to about 500 per skull, and then upgrade your lock and gold mine speed to level 4. Then get your gem defense up as high as you can until the end of this level. (Note: If ever you feel you don't have enough keys, upgrade your key capacity a couple of levels.) 

If you have gotten Wealthy Duke level 4, get foreseer at this point. If you already have foreseer level 1, get level 2 by level 27.

Level 28-33, Get all your traps up to level 15, except ricochet and scorcher, get those as close to level 15 as you can afford, approximately level 12. Get Gem defense up to about 45%, then max out your skull gold. Keep getting key capacity when you need. 

You should be able to get your foreseer up to level 2 at this point, possibly 3.

:lol: I already have a 16 RG, 15 Fly, 15 HC, 11 Tin-cannon, and a 7 Spinner... and that's just at Lvl 16 or something lulz

But I do need some advice... I bought my first totem space when my guild went 8-2 last season, but I'm out of orbs now... how do I grind orbs when I rarely play? I mean yes, I do regularly finish 1-10 in my guild wars, but that's not enough. Also, I still haven't gotten a single eye yet. Like, ever. Is it rigged so that unless I respin 2-3 times I won't get an eye?

Current Guild: Invisibility

f3r7fVa.jpg?1

Signature by TinyPixel

#7 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

Nothing I had (when I was those lvls) are the same as you listed.
Anyway I survived and don't think lvl 26traps Will be good enough ;)
I have those now (lvl 91)..

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users