• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lightningreed

Lightningreed

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

I know it is a hard time for beginner to perform a saw jump. Yeah, it is hard as heck. And I am one of them, can't even pass a dunegon with saw jump. So, any guide to practice this more usually and make it easier? Thanks for your help :D (I even made a dumb dungeon to practice but it results nothing) http://prntscr.com/dv2ymo(also how to upload image)

#2 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

For raiding: use ghost. Inline saw jumps are path dependent, so they cannot be performed from every origin point. With some jumps you need to walljump off of a specific point (although often there are multiple points) in order to be on the right pixel for the jump.

You get a lot of practice of course from trying to save a saw jump when you can. Watch a video on how to beat it on YouTube for example (berndt_toast has many videos) so that you know the correct path. From there on it's simple practice :)

Posted Image 181,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
Posted Image Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | Posted Image Community Wish List | Posted Image Base Default Trap Database | Posted Image @alucen

#3 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2384 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

This may help explain the path and reason why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont:

I have plenty of saw jumps on my youtube channel if you have a browse :)

#4 Lightningreed

Lightningreed

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

This may help explain the path and reason why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont:

I have plenty of saw jumps on my youtube channel if you have a browse :)

It only explains 4 blocks. How about 3 blocks and 2 blocks? You would be closer than that.

#5 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2384 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

It only explains 4 blocks. How about 3 blocks and 2 blocks? You would be closer than that.

There are examples of both on my defence videos :)

#6 Steve KoT

Steve KoT

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

The main thing that you can do to be better at saw jumps is learn the common paths for each and memorize them. Many apply for different dungeons if the layouts are similar. By memorizing these paths you will be able to apply them when needed and through practice, the ability to complete them in fewer tries will come.

#7 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Is there some Place that has a collection of all paths?

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#8 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2159 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

I dont know the answer to your question, but i have some relative advice that might help.

I have used this technique to learn saw jumps myself and now i can confidently say i can 3 star about 60-80% of the different saw jumps (not taking into account other traps). Trust me at the start i couldnt 3 star any of the inline saw jumps for a very long time.

My method is the following:
1) Pick a base you would like to practice on. Focus on that one.
2) Look for an easy path. If you use a ghost and its really hard to follow, try giving up and raiding the same base again, which might be saved with a more memorable path. (Or just look for a different path yourself, if you are up for the challenge).
3) Practice it a few times. Make sure to keep raiding that kind of base so you dont forget how to do it later on. If you find even the simplest path to be very hard, maybe you should try and master a different setup first, which might turn out to be easier.

Progress will feel much slower this way, but personally it helped going one by one much more than trying to master all the different setups at the same time.

#9 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Thanks Oliver
I'll take your advice and try it out :)
But the dungeons with high loot usually don't use paths I know..
Also, I hope I'll get a base where I can practice a bit soon.

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#10 Sorry Dude

Sorry Dude

Thievery Practitioner

• Watcher
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

This video has almost all saw jumps. Its in portuguese, so you probably wont understand the instructions but i think its self-explainable

izBFHC2.png

Brazucas Way #4 (03/15/2017)

#11 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks, I'll have a look

#12 King PoP

King PoP

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

Thanks ☺

#13 Flyer

Flyer

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

there is one now:

The Saw jump project is up and running      :D   and its here to help you build your base defence.

https://www.thesawjumpproject.com

-- > Its a video database on how to make saw jumps < --

** Classification is by jump type ...and all available bases where its possible are listed**

This project is ment to help new players, and also longtime players, to manage diferrent saw jumps.

Hope you'll enjoy!    :)

This is the FB page where you can get news: https://www.facebook...sawjumpproject/

Note: If you do like this, pls share it and subscribe to my youtube channel :  https://www.youtube....fr8gXkF1rfMeRuQ

Contact me on telegram for question or sugestion or request: @FLYERKOT

++ will add new saw jumps often !    ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users