#1 Trogo

Trogo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hello thieves,

first of all, most of you don't know me but I've been playing actively since summer 2015. I'll get straight to the point. As an example... I've been skipping this weekend countless hours and yet no golden gem was seen let alone stolen. Normally you see in most other games some kind of (big) reward after you invest most of your free time with it. This is not the case with KoT. You can skip all day long and what do you get? Nothing. Game is broken in my opinion. They need to change that somehow. The worst part is that I see dungeons with high level traps and hard defences yet the ritual has mine gems. Ridiculous! Are thieves afraid to run goldens? Why? Retrieves nowadays are almost 100 % thanks to AAF and Facebook.

​That's why I'm reluctant to spend more money on KoT because I get nothing from it. Funny how the top players score lots of millions delta every round. I think there is some secret skipping method I'm not aware of...

Thanks for reading.

P.S. This is not another whining topic. I just wanted to see if anyone else agrees with me.

Have a nice day, fellow thieves.

Edited by Trogo, 29 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#2 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

I think you're just out of luck :/
I sometimes don't have to skip (a lot) to find golden..
Keep trying and maybe you'll get Lucky again..

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#3 SweatyLegs

SweatyLegs

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yesterday I found 5 golden gems with not even 1M gold in skips. Today, I haven't seen any with 500k yet. It's just about luck and playing at good times. 

#4 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

I still think that there's a certain number of dungeons you must skip that after reached you get picked to the first place of the queue to dungeons with golden gems.

But indeed, If golden rituals were rewarded some kind of prize, we would see a lot of them.

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#5 SweatyLegs

SweatyLegs

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

I literaly skipped about 10 dungeons after writing that post and found a giveaway with two goldens and got a 790k gem. ☺ 

#6 SweatyLegs

SweatyLegs

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

You will find alot more giveaways near the end of gvg so that's a good way to find goldens. 

#7 Trogo

Trogo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Thank you all for encouraging me.

Yesterday I found 5 golden gems with not even 1M gold in skips. Today, I haven't seen any with 500k yet. It's just about luck and playing at good times. 

Let's see. 500K gold equals about 1666 skips. Are you saying that it is normal to skip over 1600 times without seeing a golden gem?!

#8 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 644 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Actually I would say .. only 500k for a golden is if you are lucky :ph34r:

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 19/19 ~ Silver 11/18 ~ Gold 12/17
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#9 SweatyLegs

SweatyLegs

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Thank you all for encouraging me.

Let's see. 500K gold equals about 1666 skips. Are you saying that it is normal to skip over 1600 times without seeing a golden gem?!

Only takes about 1h to skip 500kg give or take. I'm a patient guy and I find it reasonable. If goldens were easy to find then it would lose it's value like any kind of currency or valuable item. 

#10 Trogo

Trogo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

Actually I would say .. only 500k for a golden is if you are lucky :ph34r:

Holy cow! I've been delusional about it. Is there a guarantee to find at least one if you skip for 1 M gold?

I'll start counting my skips from now on to see how many it'll take to find them.

#11 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Holy cow! I've been delusional about it. Is there a guarantee to find at least one if you skip for 1 M gold?

I'll start counting my skips from now on to see how many it'll take to find them.

Honestly I never count my skips. All I can say is that goldens usually come in "waves", you often can find another one a few skips right after you found one, if you didn't spend like 10-15mins in the first dungeon.

To give you an example, this round I only found 2 goldens and they were like.. 5min one after the other. For the rest, complete wasteland.

I think I skipped for 7-8 hours total this round, to give you an idea

#12 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hello thieves,

first of all, most of you don't know me but I've been playing actively since summer 2015. I'll get straight to the point. As an example... I've been skipping this weekend countless hours and yet no golden gem was seen let alone stolen. Normally you see in most other games some kind of (big) reward after you invest most of your free time with it. This is not the case with KoT. You can skip all day long and what do you get? Nothing. Game is broken in my opinion. They need to change that somehow. The worst part is that I see dungeons with high level traps and hard defences yet the ritual has mine gems. Ridiculous! Are thieves afraid to run goldens? Why? Retrieves nowadays are almost 100 % thanks to AAF and Facebook.
​That's why I'm reluctant to spend more money on KoT because I get nothing from it. Funny how the top players score lots of millions delta every round. I think there is some secret skipping method I'm not aware of...

Thanks for reading.

P.S. This is not another whining topic. I just wanted to see if anyone else agrees with me.

Have a nice day, fellow thieves.

Hi Trogo! It's all about luck man, I skipped for only like 10K last round and got a 900K. Other days I skip 2-3 million for nothing. It comes and goes, it's just about the patience.

giphy.gif

#13 Segaco

Segaco

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

So apparently 90% of the playerbase thinks this:

Can't find good gems = Game is broken

Why

#14 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Why

Do you even the play the game lol

giphy.gif

#15 PuMpaZ

PuMpaZ

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationViking Territory

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Why

Maby after you played the game for two years, maxed out your upgrades and got real good at thieving, you want some more reward than finding one golden after a week of skips.. I dont think the game is broken beyond repare.. But some repares are needed.. The most important one is to reward big rituals beeing done while offline.. There is a really good idea out there of awarding some kind of points for evry hour running a big ritual while offline (more points the bigger the ritual) and when you have enough points you get a spinn (like the halloween chest) to win unique gems, costumes etc.. I think an upgrade like that would bring the game back to life!

#16 Trogo

Trogo

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Why

Maybe because it is or do you think 90% of players are wrong? You see... not all of KoT's player base is fully dedicated to raid 24/7 like the best players in the game.

Maby after you played the game for two years, maxed out your upgrades and got real good at thieving, you want some more reward than finding one golden after a week of skips.. I dont think the game is broken beyond repare.. But some repares are needed.. The most important one is to reward big rituals beeing done while offline.. There is a really good idea out there of awarding some kind of points for evry hour running a big ritual while offline (more points the bigger the ritual) and when you have enough points you get a spinn (like the halloween chest) to win unique gems, costumes etc.. I think an upgrade like that would bring the game back to life!

I agree. Some sort of reward is needed to encourage thieves to run golden rituals. I hope Zeptolab will (sooner or later) do something about that. I'll try to stick around to see what happens...

#17 Samad7

Samad7

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far Far Away

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

btw...Is there anything as "Run Goldens, Find Goldens"?

LVL 75 | GEM SCORE: 2.7m 

F2Dihm5.jpg                                                                  

PROUD MEMBER OF VAMPIRES | LVL 16

#18 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

There is not enough supply for goldens, simple as that. The game is A BIT broken, but honestly I've seen way worse periods .

These days a f2p player can compete with the top spenders simply by playing... A LOT. Some time ago, when RU decided to win a kok, well.. goodluck fightning her with no goldens around. The proof that goldens are here are the kok results. People don't get to 15-20m by merging mine gems, they find goldens because they play more.

Nope. But running goldens helps the game as a whole

Edited by Skydancer, 29 January 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#19 PuMpaZ

PuMpaZ

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationViking Territory

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

No.. Some ppl say that you need to run them to encourage others to run them and in that way make more goldens apere in game.. But i think only encouragement between players wont go so far.. Its up to Zeptolab to somhow encourage this to make it a thieves world where there is actually somthing worth stealing..

#20 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

There always will be pussy players who don't run goldens even in pink platform, you can't do much about that.

And there are players who steal and don't run, again the thing won't change even if they put some kind of rewards on it.

There must be something completely new to force EVERYONE to run golden rituals. A new resource obtainable only via offline rituals is probably the best thing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, broken, gold, gem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users