• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 NotANewb

NotANewb

I am so unlucky, if I bought a cemetery, people will stop dying

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationIn the Milky Way, In the Solar System, On Earth, In North America, In Canada, in B.C., but I can not tell you any more

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

So I was just skipping dungeons in KoT and got a trap idea :P
How about a trap that gets affected with Gravity switch? So then the trap has to follows the laws of gravity in the first place, I was thinking of this boot that hops around in the dungeon and when the gravity is switched, the boot starts hopping on the roof. Got no picture right now but if a forumer makes one, it will be appreciated,
All thoughts are welcome :)

Rvauki6.png

Compliments to OnProch97

#2 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

Woah amazing.
God that would be so cool.

The more I think about it the better it gets

Wow so good

No sarcasm, this is a sweet idea. The boot thing is great! Just like a goomba shoe from Super Mario Bros. 3

Edited by Sotherogue, 30 January 2017 - 11:30 PM.

giphy.gif

#3 Unique

Unique

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere, Never and always.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

I agree with Sotherogue. This is an amazing trap idea, but I don't necessarily agree with it being affected by the gravity switch, but that's just me.

#4 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

I agree with Sotherogue. This is an amazing trap idea, but I don't necessarily agree with it being affected by the gravity switch, but that's just me.

No, that's what makes it great!

giphy.gif

#5 Psycho17

Psycho17

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Just like a goomba shoe from Super Mario Bros. 3

This is the EXACT same picture I had in my head as I was reading it
VpYPVAq.png

#6 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

This is the EXACT same picture I had in my head as I was reading it

I had a Sonic's boot. Sorry, never played SMB3 past second stage.

Although this idea is INSANE! But I think I would be better with the Gravity Gear.

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#7 teo

teo

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Nice idea!!

vWPX6KN.jpg

#8 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

180px-GoombaShoeMarioSpinyOriginal.png

Nice idea :)

• teo likes this

#9 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Indeed, best one I've seen in quite some time. How far & high would it jump? Would it follow a pattern, like ricochet, so after a set of jumps it'd retreat to starting position?

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#10 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Can the thief jump inside it and use it to jump on to a saw and survive? :)

#11 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

That would be... I don't even know what to say about it...

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#12 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

But, then it ain't a trap anymore..
Is it?

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#13 Samad7

Samad7

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far Far Away

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

well. I like it :)

LVL 75 | GEM SCORE: 2.7m 

F2Dihm5.jpg                                                                  

PROUD MEMBER OF VAMPIRES | LVL 16

#14 xitooner

xitooner

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Any new trap ideas are good things, and this sounds better than most.  Just give it a location/direction, and let it go. . . .

> How far & high would it jump? Would it follow a pattern, like ricochet, so after a set of jumps it'd retreat to starting position?

Purely my own opinion.... should not necessarily retreat to starting position.  (Edit: changed my mind... it should backtrack like Ricochet does at some point, otherwise all the raider has to do is wait for it to go somewhere useless).

Its behavior should be based on a random seed determined by its starting location in the dungeon and its starting direction... and possibly influenced by any walls it encounters.  Therefore its always going to have consistent behavior... but you wont know what the behavior is until you try it (or see it in action prior to entering dungeon).   More than likely, you'll test it out and then build the rest of your dungeon traps around its behavior....

Maybe not identical to our jumps, but certainly close.  Needs to be close enough to be able to jump up "chimneys", etc.  But whether to jump or simply "not jump" for a while (and slide down the wall some) is a part of what the random seed determines.

Edited by xitooner, 31 January 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#15 Portsomerdale

Portsomerdale

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Yes yes yes.......a spin on the Mario boot would be perfection. My vision is a boot that hops in a set pattern like MrKukur was asking. On the first hop it would be green and when it hits the floor again it would be red and would alternate green/red/green/red....and so on. If the thief hits the boot while green he jumps inside, if he touches the boot while red.....death.

#16 Psycho17

Psycho17

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

Yes yes yes.......a spin on the Mario boot would be perfection. My vision is a boot that hops in a set pattern like MrKukur was asking. On the first hop it would be green and when it hits the floor again it would be red and would alternate green/red/green/red....and so on. If the thief hits the boot while green he jumps inside, if he touches the boot while red.....death.

Does being inside the boot count as "touching" it? Or you be inside whilst red and not be dead?
VpYPVAq.png

#17 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

I just, personaly, think it should be a little bit more "new/original".
I like Mario etc but there should be some difference (the more replies the more it becomes the mario-version)..

I'm hosting "Fight to survive!", if you're interested to play FtS! be sure to check out the forum games section :D

#18 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

I think it's a really cool idea.  No traps are affected by gravity right now.  And it doesn't have to follow a set path.  It just needs to follow a set of rules, kind of like the fly.  The fly just follows you around.  A bouncing boot or whatever could just have a predictable behavior but wind up taking very different paths depending on its position when you trip the gravity.

#19 ZelevenZ11

ZelevenZ11

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

I think it's a really cool idea. No traps are affected by gravity right now. And it doesn't have to follow a set path. It just needs to follow a set of rules, kind of like the fly. The fly just follows you around. A bouncing boot or whatever could just have a predictable behavior but wind up taking very different paths depending on its position when you trip the gravity.

I like the idea :D
But it should have a different "look" than the Mario..

#20 Portsomerdale

Portsomerdale

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

How bout if the boot just hopped arou d in front of you.....if you were able to guide it to stomp on a trap that trap would be eliminated.........if you hit just the side of a trap and missed the boot would change directions and come back at you and kill you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trap, Update, Idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users