Photo

Why would players make easy-to-steal deep golds?

Gems easy steal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Studioduck

Studioduck

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

For the 2nd time now, I've come across a high value (900k+) deep gold in a base where it was intentionally made easy to steal (i.e., the door was set on or right in front of the totem), allowing me to have a 3 star flawless raid and get a very high value gem. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining haha - just wondering why on earth this would, could, should, in-any-realm-of-logic make sense for someone to do this. The first one I didn't screenshot, but it just happened again and you can see a flawless 3-star raid for a 995k gold. Can someone explain this to me??

#2 Studioduck

Studioduck

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

By the way, I searched this and can't find a thread with this topic, so I apologize if it's been covered and I've missed it. Please redirect me, thanks.

#3 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

It's called giveaway, or, in case there are no valuable gems inside totem (except if they were stolen a moment ago) it's easy retrieve (ER).

Giveaway is a tactic made usually to demote from leagues; you let your gem to be stolen, then retrieve it after league ends (retrieving it doesn't give delta anymore, but it still has gem value).

Some old players sometimes do this just for fun, as a reward for other players, to encourage running golden gem rituals.

There is an unwritten rule, that if you stole something big by giveaway, you should set an easy retrieve, usually by buying second trap set which won't reset your normal defense.

Tell if you want to know more, or just search "giveaway" in forum.

Edited by MrKukurykpl, 01 February 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#4 Lahiru Eranga

Lahiru Eranga

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

http://forum.kingoft...ns/#entry175957

#5 fatninja

fatninja

unicorn taint

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

There is also matchmaking manipulation for gvg battles. If your guild is winning by a lot towards the end of the battle you can give away a big gem so your guild delta is lower so you get an easier match next round. I guess it would work the same way if your guild was losing too.

Edited by fatninja, 01 February 2017 - 01:30 PM.

Go to the Dark Side, they have gold locks.

#6 robbed

robbed

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Setting ER by a new trap set is very good to know!

#7 Studioduck

Studioduck

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

This makes a lot more sense, I just didn't realize people would be wanting to dump a heavy gold like that, thanks for the clarification. I would like to do a "thank you" retrieve base at times I suppose. Can you explain how getting the second trap set doesn't hurt my original base? Are you saying that once you switch back to the 1st trap set you don't have to re-save the base you made with that trap set?

#8 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

This makes a lot more sense, I just didn't realize people would be wanting to dump a heavy gold like that, thanks for the clarification. I would like to do a "thank you" retrieve base at times I suppose. Can you explain how getting the second trap set doesn't hurt my original base? Are you saying that once you switch back to the 1st trap set you don't have to re-save the base you made with that trap set?

Yes.

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#9 Psycho17

Psycho17

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Are you saying that once you switch back to the 1st trap set you don't have to re-save the base you made with that trap set?

Exactly
VpYPVAq.png

#10 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

It's also used as a gvg tactic. Let's say your opponent keeps pace with your score, driving your score higher and higher.  Well that's no good because the higher your score, the harder your next opponent is likely to be.  If you lose a big gem, your score will drop.  Then your opponents won't push and you can simply stay just far enough behind so that when you retrieve your "hidden" gem late in the battle you'll take the lead.

#11 xitooner

xitooner

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

It's also used as a gvg tactic. Let's say your opponent keeps pace with your score, driving your score higher and higher.  Well that's no good because the higher your score, the harder your next opponent is likely to be.  If you lose a big gem, your score will drop.  Then your opponents won't push and you can simply stay just far enough behind so that when you retrieve your "hidden" gem late in the battle you'll take the lead.

Yeah, I have seen that "amazing comeback in the last 10 minutes" trick before.  As a matter of fact, our current guild opponents top 2 scorers had suddenly gone significantly negative this morning and still have no retrievals 10 hours later.   Not really planning on letting this kind of comeback happen again. . . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users