#21 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

No UGs yet. I expect you first to become a sniper of the USA.

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#22 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

lol I have a longgggg way to go before I am any good at this game. Sure, I can die thousands of times trying to set a defense, and be kicked off for playing too long several times when trying to save one, but that doesn't translate into being any good at attacking =P I'm still pretty much a super scrub when I'm outside of my own dungeons lol

ev06WOK.png

#23 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Just an update in case anyone is interested in how the defense fares at 51+

30 replays in my log—0 total stars against the defense; in fact, not a single one of my attackers managed to make it to the right wall even once (at least according to their last deaths in the replays). Attackers range from lvl50's to 400. I am attaching a link to a video: no shaming or naming intended, but I lack the editing know-how to blur their names. The video is unlisted, so it will only be made available here to the forum as a reference to see how they die, what potions are favored, etc.

A lot more Ghost potions were used than I would have thought. Skulls are down considerably from the first version of the design. In the first version, skulls averaged to almost a whopping 100 per attacker (nearly every attacker gave at least 50 skulls, and some would die 200-400x), but since V2 has a completely safe spot to chill after the spinner, players spend more time waiting than they do dying. If the average player spends 2 minutes in a dungeon before giving up, then the first version capitalized on every second by forcing repeated deaths, whereas V2 just gives them space to wait and roll over.

But V2 is a fair trade since it is more resilient against potions than the first version! Out of every single attack made against it, only 1 person has gotten a single star out of it—but that single replay did prove that a gang + disable + avoiding spinner and suiciding into the other cannon the most can 3* it if they heartbeat a lot or if your cannons are pretty weak. You have a free 7x kills in the worst case scenario for the defense, so still perfectly viable I think!

Edited by Darkon, 23 February 2017 - 03:27 AM.

• usb likes this

ev06WOK.png

#24 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:18 AM

Once again, great job, man.  There are really only a handful of people in this game who are true base designers, and you're one of them.

One little correction about the number of deaths required to disable both cannons.  A trap disables after 7 deaths total no matter what, and it's the trap that did the most damage.  It doesn't matter if you die to the same trap 7 times.  So if a raider were to use a DT potion on the first cannon, and then die more to the 2nd cannon than the spinner in his next attempts, both cannons would be gone after the 7th death, not the 8th.  But if your traps are level 40 that still means 1 star even if the raider gets 3 heartbeat activations.

#25 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:18 AM

A guy from MISHLO! A GUY FROM MISHLO FAILED AT YOUR BASE!!! Great job! :D

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

#26 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

EDIT: OH. WOW. Nevermind, I see now lol I only remembered 2 guild names: Baby Sharks (because it sounds cute) and Expendables (because Rambo 2.0). The rest I had all forgotten or never bothered to look at since creating my own guild (just so I wasn't held accountable for delta or anything and could mess around with bases instead).

Edited by Darkon, 23 February 2017 - 03:56 AM.

ev06WOK.png

#27 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

Thanks Fezzik!! I appreciate that! xD

And thank you for the clarification—I guess I misunderstood how the disables worked. I also didn't know it was based on damage: I just thought it was whichever you died most to lol I also had no idea the first suicide counted toward the 7 deaths. I'll update the OP with the correction xD

ev06WOK.png

#28 Coffee Bob

Coffee Bob

Caffeinated

• Ex-Watcher
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Location: One does not simply walk into KoT, there's some jumping involved

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:06 AM

Looks great, and congrats on 51+.

Let me put it this way. Have you heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Posted Image

#29 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:34 AM

Thanks mate! My traps are super under-leveled so 51 isn't going to be too great for me after I leave this base lol I probably won't get any other environmental trap layouts for a month, knowing my luck.

ev06WOK.png

#30 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

Damn darkon look at it! It's almost the same as yours!!! 

xvPrcxB.jpg

#31 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:01 AM

Holy crap, you're right! lol dude that is the same trap placement and top platform XD and doesn't look like he wanted to do the jump from the first slide either, although I didn't think to race the spinner on the second go around lol instead I timed mine to the third jump when the bullet is almost at the eye in the totem XD

At least I still have the edge jumps, although I thought that first jump was unique too lol Oh well, can't win them all =P It's good to see that the same spinner and cannon placement was there, which means he also decided that the spinner should be disable bait XD helps ease my mind knowing now that it is probably the best spinner placement, if that's the same thing a legend came up with xD

Edited by Darkon, 24 February 2017 - 04:14 AM.

ev06WOK.png

#32 NavyBlue

NavyBlue

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Great job with this one. My next two bases have this layout so I have been trying to save your defense. I would appreciate a few pointers:

How do you instantly jump at the start? I try piano tapping but it makes me jump off the wall too
Any visuals to look for to jump off the top platform and pass the bullet? I have never been able to do this one successfully.

#33 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

For sure!

I use a tap that I am guessing is called piano tapping, but I really have no idea—I have my pointer, ring, and middle fingers at different elevations, and I do a "roll" or "drum" of my fingers that starts with my ring finger hitting the screen, then my pointer, and lastly my middle finger which was held much higher. I basically do this a few times until the thief jumps right out of the door then I hold that finger placement/speed for future jumps—you could probably roll your fingers in any order, but that is the one I chose lol The second tap shouldn't do anything, but helps to pace my last tap—I think it's easier to roll a few fingers rather than just use two fingers with a more specific delay. Once you get the swing of that roll you won't likely ever jump off the wall again, and you'll almost always miss the Spinner. The first tap starts the save, the second tap is just for a natural delay, and the third tap jumps once out of the door—there aren't any other taps, so your thief will not rebound xD

The visuals I looked for was bullet placement against the totem to start the jump, which was just a quick double tap. Once you are on the top platform you will be making the jump at a specific location—check back to the video to get that. The reason it has to be that location is because of the fact the jump needs to fulfill several criteria—it needs to place you under the bullet, it needs to be as early as possible (which means the very tip of the platform will be jumped through), and it needs to give you enough time to slide on the wall (which means the angle needs to be specific to place you low enough on the wall). The location of that jump meets all criteria, but only if the bullet is at a certain location, making this as much a matter of timing. Check the video again for the timing on when to start the jump, but it should be around when the bullet is at the middle of the totem's lip.

I did mine on the third jump, but in the video usb shared, Berndt proved it can be done in the second. It probably should be possible on the first wall-slide, but I just couldn't manage it lol

Oh, and there will be several times you actually make the correct jump but won't be able to tell, because the jump to the right wall needs to be the pixel before the bullet hits you!

To everyone else, I will not be able to log in to the forums for a while—it was a pleasure getting to know you, and I hope to see you all in a couple months! xD

Edited by Darkon, 26 February 2017 - 01:01 AM.

ev06WOK.png

#34 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:59 AM

Holy crap, you're right! lol dude that is the same trap placement and top platform XD and doesn't look like he wanted to do the jump from the first slide either, although I didn't think to race the spinner on the second go around lol instead I timed mine to the third jump when the bullet is almost at the eye in the totem XD

At least I still have the edge jumps, although I thought that first jump was unique too lol Oh well, can't win them all =P It's good to see that the same spinner and cannon placement was there, which means he also decided that the spinner should be disable bait XD helps ease my mind knowing now that it is probably the best spinner placement, if that's the same thing a legend came up with xD

Yours is better, but I think you may have gotten a little inspiration from this :) the addition of the edge jump is insane though. You are one of the smartest base thinker uppers I have seen in a long time. I'd like to see you try come up something even better for this base!

giphy.gif

#35 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

I'm trying to figure out why you can't just slide from the right wall to the chest.

Edited by Plznopotions, 27 March 2017 - 10:56 PM.

hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#36 NotANewb

NotANewb

I am so unlucky, if I bought a cemetery, people will stop dying

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationIn the Milky Way, In the Solar System, On Earth, In North America, In Canada, in B.C., but I can not tell you any more

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

I'm trying to figure out why you can't just slide from the right wall to the chest.

Because you won't hit the chest, you wall fall into the little chamber and into the pit

Rvauki6.png

Compliments to OnProch97

#37 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Hey, you're back!

xvPrcxB.jpg

#38 Plznopotions

Plznopotions

Pyromaniac

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • LocationCF WI US

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Hey, you're back!

Well, sort of. I'm not active, much
hO3d6rD.jpg
Costume, trap, and castle levels to in game levels Special thanks to guild leaders, Nikk009, xXx91, and Berndt_toast.

#39 ozzieg

ozzieg

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

Congrats on designing such a well thought out base design. I had just entered this base so for me it was well timed. I spent a lot of time practicing and was able to save it. I have been running deep spikes and goldens pretty successfully. Everyone had 0 stars except for one raider. Sorry dude - great job stealing with 2 stars. My cannons are only level 34, in time it will become more challenging.

#40 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

. ops

Edited by usb, 05 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

xvPrcxB.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users