• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GgB0y

GgB0y

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

I guess the "problem" here is my own lack of time and pacience, but so...

I was just browsing some dungeons trying to find me some high value loot to try and steal to add to my collection when I found a base that had a decently high ammount of gold and gems I thought this is the one ive been looking for, after that came the moment of realization and I noticed he had 12 golden locks, all 3 traps level 40 and thinking about how my key collection is only made of 20 Keys that would make my chances to opening the dungeon 1/4 and me getting any loot with only 100 health to go with was extremely low. And the thing is that im lvl 20 and so was he. So with my locks made of 8 purples and traps only at level 7 or so I started to wonder as of how. How could a level 20 have such a good defence what was I missing. But oh well, didnt even realize to screenshot at the time.

Tell me any thoughts u might have or have you seen anything like what I descriped?

#2 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Watcher
  • 617 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

Unfortunately, it's a common thing. Many players "camp" at lower levels in order to farm up castle/trap upgrades and foreseer throne. Once you get to level 51+, you are thrown in the big pool of players and they want to have everything maxed before that stage.

Personally, I find this kind of extreme camping boring as hell. You just spend weeks/months upgading, you can't even raid because you would level up too fast.

But you should definitely get your foreseer throne and traps to a decent level before hitting level 51, for how boring it can be

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 18/19 ~ Silver 10/18 ~ Gold 12/18
Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval
Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#3 ScorchZ_

ScorchZ_

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1:7777

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Are you sure? Because that isn't something you see everyday. Probably only once a month at most. You are just probably unlucky. Or keep being in the same player pool as that player.

I can't say much fir myself as I am those people who have level 30 red guard at level 24. Hehe. ;)

@skydancer its not common at all! It is impossible since update 2.14, only old, hardcore campers done it. How many are there out of the millions of kot players? 10000 at most?

Edited by ScorchZ_, 22 February 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Level 24 | 2 mil Gem Score | Proud Ex-Member of Supreme Overlord/Phoenix Down | Currently in TheBreakFastClub (chill with old friends.)

TNcRHLB.png

#4 J Dubble

J Dubble

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Location49th parallel

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

campers are a bummer, GgBoy, but just imagine what kind of a lunatic it takes to have maxed traps at lvl 20. they either spend mad amounts of cash for orbs and/or never actually raid, which would take months if not years, and they miss out on what the game actually is! I have been playing this game for over a year, I'm level 81 and my traps are lvl 20 ish. which is plenty if you have a good dungeon design. I have mad respect for the  people who go the opposite route: you think you have spotted an easy dungeon, wooden locks, traps below lvl 15, and even after 1 trap is gone you still can't get through! Just wish i could message those people to say "well played!" Don't give up! especially when you reach lvl51.

#5 Darkon

Darkon

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOhio...zzz...

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

I have a level 15 alt with lv46 Blades >.> Although I set up a defense for him now, so he will eventually level in-time.. but only when I log him in =P

All you have to do is move the door right on top of the chest and nobody will have time to "retry" to force deaths, so you will always get 3*d with 0 deaths—which means 0 exp for you, forever =P My next challenge is to make a lvl 1 alt and get the starting dungeon blades to lv46 using that idea and getting my gold solely from mine upgrades and staying online to keep that gold lol

But, if you ever see a camper who you can die to—just intentionally spam deaths in their dungeon until your fingers are sore. When they log in and see 2k+ deaths, and all that EXP earned, they will be pretty upset lol the worst thing you can do against a camper is feed their replay log with valid attempts (although even replays get boring when your traps are far higher than the player level)...instead, the best way to attack them is to feed them EXP.

Some people get salty if you steal their gem. Some people get salty if you even have the audacity to attack them at all. Campers get salty when they receive more EXP than they want =P

Edited by Darkon, 22 February 2017 - 06:39 PM.

ev06WOK.png

#6 GgB0y

GgB0y

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

campers are a bummer, GgBoy, but just imagine what kind of a lunatic it takes to have maxed traps at lvl 20. they either spend mad amounts of cash for orbs and/or never actually raid, which would take months if not years, and they miss out on what the game actually is! I have been playing this game for over a year, I'm level 81 and my traps are lvl 20 ish. which is plenty if you have a good dungeon design. I have mad respect for the people who go the opposite route: you think you have spotted an easy dungeon, wooden locks, traps below lvl 15, and even after 1 trap is gone you still can't get through! Just wish i could message those people to say "well played!" Don't give up! especially when you reach lvl51.

Yeah man I've just been grinding as fast as I can raiding everytime my Keys allow me and stuff like that, but now im starting to feel like I have to hold off with stuff like that and just keep upgrading my traps and castle or else I just have to stop playing after level 51 since I cant defend against anyone and cant raid anyone since my health wont be enough

#7 J Dubble

J Dubble

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Location49th parallel

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

when i went to lvl51 (actually it was level 45 then) i was not prepared and everyone was raiding and destroying me. i could not finish a ritual to save my life. but i stuck with it and upgraded, and i would eventually find dungeons that i could beat. there is always a weaker opponent out there. so i guess i'm saying even if you are not 100% prepared for lvl51, you can still make it in the game, especially if you have a supportive guild..... and that being said a little camping now is a good strategy!

#8 SinisterDex

SinisterDex

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

There is soooo much wrong with this attitude towards the game. I'm surprised ZeptoLab even lets this slip.

#9 Chervey

Chervey

Watcher over Community

• Creator
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

There is soooo much wrong with this attitude towards the game. I'm surprised ZeptoLab even lets this slip.

We nerfed campers considerably.

When you create a world, you should survive living in it twice in a row. So...

Enjoy Hardcore.

Lv 67/  10M+ Gems

Official noob player 

chervey-ex1qgzlf.gif

#10 zubatej

zubatej

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

I for one would like to thank said player for supporting the game, because most likely he blew some serious amount of cash to get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users