• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Princeofiowa

Princeofiowa

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

I frequently 3 star or flawlessly pass my retrieval attempts, but I still consistently fail to get my gem back.  I refuse to pay money to retry a spin over and over.  Couldn't you at least increase the odds if it's a flawless pass?

#2 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

Amen to that.  The community has been asking for better retrieve odds for... ummm... let me see if I can calculate how long...  Forever.  Yeah, forever.

Flawless should get your gem back, in my opinion, but then you'll get people who disagree because of "easy retrieves" which are always flawless.

My advice to you is to join an active guild with some good players in it.  If you're flawlessing your retrieval, others in your guild might as well.  Someone is bound to get lucky on their spins.   Also having a few hundred facebook friends helps too.

#3 memotie

memotie

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

i agree with fezzik. also i've always wondered why do thrones have no effect on retrievals?

#4 Jeniffer Williams

Jeniffer Williams

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Hey Guys! I think that there should be a solution to every problem. In this case, a "Better Retrieval System".
Because, not every player has fb accounts;and even if he/she has, it's hard to find out those who play this
game.

I wonder if the creators find this actually possible/nice to avoid the past, present/recent and future players
stop playing or leaving this game.
It's something like this:

Introduction Of A New Potion:
>THE AUTO RETRIEVAL POTION Oh! Wow![Use Auto Retrieval Potions to retrieve your Best Gems]
>MECHANISM: Your Thief gets the power to retrieve the gem and jumps automatically during retrieval at right moments as he is very angry when one of the best gems get stolen
>SOURCE OF OBTAINING: For this, a Laboratory may be introduced such as the gold mine, except that gem can't be stolen from the Laboratory (Upgradation of the Laboratory gives option of retrieval of high value gems.Also the cost becomes high with high Xp players)
>OBTAINING: Merge all the five different gems(red, blue, green, yellow & violet) alongwith a cost, suppose 1,000 gold
(cost goes on increasing with Xp as mentioned earlier) to get the Auto Retrieval Potion(only you get the potion, no Gem is left in the process.
Many gems get sold from the mines and are useless, which can be used in this process.
Ok, so this was my thought. Thank You, Guys & Keep Postin

#5 Ashman

Ashman

The One and Only

• Elder Watcher
  • 2366 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon stealing your gems!

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Just by adding throne bonus / gem defence into the spinner like it is for raids would be a massive help!

#6 Premium

Premium

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Just by adding throne bonus / gem defence into the spinner like it is for raids would be a massive help!

But they can't becuase then a new player's max foreseer friend could retrieve the gem without trying...
My in game name IS my forum name.
Spoiler
The unluckiest thief in the world. Member of Kings Army.
I also play C.A.T.S. and have a forum account ---> https://forum.catsth...le/84-premivex/

#7 memotie

memotie

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

so it's unfair to have a friend with max foreseer but it's not unfair for someone to depend on their clanmates but another to depend on people level 500+ on facebook? since i've started adding people i only lost one gem that's bigger than 10k and that's it. having max foreseer friend=having a pro friend.

#8 Blorg

Blorg

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 02:57 AM

Bumping this thread, as I have been wanting to suggest "Automatic Retrieval" if you're attempt is flawless (first try retrieving, both for yourself or for others).

Couple of points on this to hopefully make this a convincing argument:

1) Very frustrating when even an easy retrieve for a large gem requires multiple respins, to the point where it causes frustration rather than "oh I'll go buy more orbs".

2) May encourage players to preemptively use the "disable trap" potion (especially for retrievals for guild mates) to help attempt flawless retrieves, which is better than the #1 option as it's less frustration (but can still lead to multiple respins if you fail to make it flawlessly)

3) Encourages guild-mates to try hard to retrieve others' gems encouraging more comradery

I've been quite frustrated with this game, particularly with the last couple updates. This is one area that I think could improve interaction and reduce frustration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users