9 replies to this topic

#1 FuryAce

FuryAce

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIn your dungeon

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

So I've just joined the forum and the game and general and want to know some things.

(1) Hmm... gold gems here, gold gems there, gold gems everywhere! Why is everyone here obsessed with gold gems. Sure, they give you double gold and stuff, but is it because there's something about it that I don't know about? Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

(2)So I just joined a guild and really want the season 12 outfit. Here it says that you need a multiplier of 7 to get max prizes. When I got a multiplier of 6, the outfit for 6 wins changed so I don't know if I win something else. How does the outfit/season thing work?

#2 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

For 1 - it's quite simple, golden gems are really rare in game compared to others, which are mostly fake gems anyway. They have a bigger value, take less inventory space compared to several smaller gems of overally the same value, they can literally change the winner of every guild battle or even Season in last seconds... Players are literally hunting for hours for them. I mean, if you don't feel something special when you find it, then probably the game is boring to you.

And as for 2nd, you'll have to wait for someone else to explain, cuz I quit some time ago and I don't really know what the heck is going on out there.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#3 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 958 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

The confusion about golden gems is obvious. FuryAce thinks that we refer to the yellow coloured gems when we say "golden gems" (considering his remark about double gold).

This is not what we mean. :D When we say "golden gem", we refer to all gems that have a value of over 100,000. These gems show golden outlines and ornaments, similar to how gems with value between 10,000 and 99,999 have silver ornaments. And obviously, high valued gems are what every fanatic KoT player is after ;)

thief1.png 53,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#4 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Well that explains a lot. I though he meant selling gems :D

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#5 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

oww so cute, he thought the gold gems are the yellow ones.
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#6 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1016 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

(2)So I just joined a guild and really want the season 12 outfit. Here it says that you need a multiplier of 7 to get max prizes. When I got a multiplier of 6, the outfit for 6 wins changed so I don't know if I win something else. How does the outfit/season thing work?

All members of the guild who have elder status will get the outfit.  Elder status is your guild loyalty status.  If you joined the guild in round 2 or later, and remained a member for the rest of the season without leaving, you're good.  Your multiplier just determines what percentage of the orbs/tears reward you'll get, as well as what percentage of the 30 orbs per battle win you receive.

#7 Aluce

Aluce

In Wonderland

• Watcher
  • 958 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Windmills and Tulips

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

I believe you mean round 2 or earlier, Fez ;)

Also, of course, the outfit is only awarded in the top prize, so you will get it only if you're Elder and the guild gets at least 9 wins.

thief1.png 53,000,000 | Jedi Mind Tricks "Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. But set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

eyebit.png Comprehensive Kot Guide (March 1st 2017) | eyebit.png Community Wish List | eyebit.png Base Default Trap Database | uhi2PI8.png?1 @alucen

#8 Rachid

Rachid

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Location51.507, 3.62171

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

All members of the guild who have elder status will get the outfit.  Elder status is your guild loyalty status.  If you joined the guild in round 2 or later, and remained a member for the rest of the season without leaving, you're good.  Your multiplier just determines what percentage of the orbs/tears reward you'll get, as well as what percentage of the 30 orbs per battle win you receive.

By the way, does everybody get those 30 orbs after winning a GvG or still only the best 40%?
MzDGziC.jpg

#9 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1016 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

By the way, does everybody get those 30 orbs after winning a GvG or still only the best 40%?

Now everyone gets orbs for every win.  You get 30 if your multiplier is maxed, otherwise you get a percentage based on your multiplier.

#10 Rachid

Rachid

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Location51.507, 3.62171

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Now everyone gets orbs for every win.  You get 30 if your multiplier is maxed, otherwise you get a percentage based on your multiplier.

As I thought, thanks for the confirmation ;)
MzDGziC.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users