Photo

Possible Backlash for Season Reward Costume?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SonicTheThieve

SonicTheThieve

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn the basement of a log cabin in the Midwest, hooked up to WiFi, surrounded by an unholy hoard of Mountain Dew and soft pretzels currently working on the most impassable dungeon ever made in KoT, occasionally looking over at the tv to watch sports

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

Ok, so I recently looked at the new season reward costume that you can possibly get by winning 10 battles (I believe) in a season. I sort of thought the costume might be racist towards tribes in Africa and African-American people as well. The costume in question shows what appears to be a member of an African tribe wearing what appears to be a headress and hoop earings. It also appears to be holding(?) a spear. However, the thing that made me feel it was racist had to be the lips of the tribe member, which I thought were a stereotype of black people in general. Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts on the topic so feel free to reply your honest thoughts.

#2 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

It's a pirate...  :mellow:

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#3 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

It's a pirate... :mellow:

He is talking about the wizard. If comes after thr pirate.
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#4 usb

usb

Unlucky Thief

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

He is talking about the wizard. If comes after thr pirate.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 11st Season costume...

Also the wizard has no spear

Edited by usb, 20 April 2017 - 03:33 PM.

Debugger | Lv71 | 23.8M Gems | Extraordinarios br _ Batatomate | Lv33 | 1.9M Gems | Stargate Atlantis

xvPrcxB.jpg

Contact me on Telegram: @Debug

#5 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Can anyone post a picture of it here?

#6 Oliver666666

Oliver666666

King Oliver

• Watcher
  • 2158 posts
  • LocationObserving Zombie Penguin HQ

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

8vfTwFp.png

It would only be racist if someone would say a certain group of people are worth less than other human beings because of how they look.

On the other hand, if this is stereotypical, what do you call the football contest outfits? ;)

Edited by Oliver666666, 04 July 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#7 xitooner

xitooner

Thievery Practitioner

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

It would only be racist if someone would say a certain group of people are worth less than other human beings because of how they look.

Agreed.  That avatar may be a stereotype of an African Warrior, yes... but there is nothing inherently wrong with being a stereotype.  None of the avatars are actually "different" in any meaningful way in-game; they are simply different looks Zepto offers that may appeal to some players.  There is no way for anyone in-game to "discriminate" against certain avatars, etc.  (if you want to only raid African Warriors, I assure you they wont notice) :D

PS:  I an a stereotypical caucasian middle-aged american man, and I would like to play as that African Warrior avatar someday; it looks pretty cool!

Edited by xitooner, 20 April 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#8 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

Its no racist because the hair is yellow.
When have you seen a black person with yellow hair?
Or a black saiyan?
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#9 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

I'm sure it wasn't intentionally offensive, but I can see it being taken that way. Also I think it's not supposed to appear on the season screen yet.  In the costume list, the wizard looking "Master Ken Ny" has a description which says it's the season 12 prize.  Maybe this tribesman is the season 13 prize.

#10 SonicTheThieve

SonicTheThieve

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn the basement of a log cabin in the Midwest, hooked up to WiFi, surrounded by an unholy hoard of Mountain Dew and soft pretzels currently working on the most impassable dungeon ever made in KoT, occasionally looking over at the tv to watch sports

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

I'm talking about about season 13, the current season.

Edited by SonicTheThieve, 20 April 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#11 SonicTheThieve

SonicTheThieve

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ok, thanks for clearing things up. I guess I sort of thought it was racist being the easily triggered person I am. :P

#12 Fezzik

Fezzik

Giant

• Elder Watcher
  • 1052 posts
  • Locationbehind the boulder... waiting for the man in black

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

I'm talking about about season 13, the current season.

The current season is season 12.  The pirate costume was the reward for season 11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users