• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Msync

Msync

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

So I created an account here to draw the devs attention to this game, that recently appeared on Google's Play Store, titled "Land of Thieves"

https://play.google....thieves2.google

It is a blatant asset steal and probably some more, the game is incredibly identical to KoT and it doesn't even tries to hide it.

I am not sure what I can do to get this thing off the Store, but maybe you guys do.

#2 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Are there assets for KoT available anywhere?

Anyway, it's not stolen, it's actually Zepto's game beta launch or sth.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#3 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts
  • LocationRight under my profile picture.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

So I created an account here to draw the devs attention to this game, that recently appeared on Google's Play Store, titled "Land of Thieves"
https://play.google....thieves2.google
It is a blatant asset steal and probably some more, the game is incredibly identical to KoT and it doesn't even tries to hide it.
I am not sure what I can do to get this thing off the Store, but maybe you guys do.

Seeing as how they made it I don't think it's a problem

Level 192, Gem Score: 21,600,000, proud member of Brown Bear
giphy.gif

#4 Msync

Msync

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

Anyway, it's not stolen, it's actually Zepto's game beta launch or sth.

I am fairly sure that a random guy/dev called "Sergey Petuhov" did not just get a free pass from ZeptoLab to monopolize on the title, but prove me wrong.

I've seen things like these on Steam previously, its not different from this case.

#5 Reptilian

Reptilian

Thievery Master

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

i cant play it on my country :(
Shadows Guild - Rocher aka mastermind
Gem count: 2 million
Raider death record: 992

#6 MrKukurykpl

MrKukurykpl

Geometric

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this Universe, hopefully.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:11 PM

Tr00st me, it's 110% legit.
Anyway the Zepto would be aware of it even before you posted, because someone spotted it too and shared on fb KoT:Ask a Friend group. If it was faked or stolen, they would've already taken it down.

NXTxMnk.png

Signature by OnProch97

#7 Premium

Premium

Thievery Adept

• Hardened Thief
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:44 PM

i cant play it on my country :(

Spoiler

My in game name IS my forum name.
Spoiler
The unluckiest thief in the world. Member of Kings Army.
I also play C.A.T.S. and have a forum account ---> https://forum.catsth...le/84-premivex/

#8 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

I am fairly sure that a random guy/dev called "Sergey Petuhov" did not just get a free pass from ZeptoLab to monopolize on the title, but prove me wrong.
I've seen things like these on Steam previously, its not different from this case.

Lmao he's part of ZeptoLab

giphy.gif

#9 Msync

Msync

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:06 AM

Lmao he's part of ZeptoLab

Tr00st me, it's 110% legit.

10/10 proof from both of you. Did neither of you ever debate before? Cite a source please, because google wouldn't let me easily connect this name to ZeptoLab.

Or actually don't. I created this thread in good will towards Zepto, I am fairly sure the word is out there now (seeing how FB was mentioned).

Edit:
Also, taking down games/programs that include stolen sprites/assets take some time. This game is 4 days old.

Edited by Msync, 22 April 2017 - 06:08 AM.

#10 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Games in beta often aren't published with the name of the major developer until the release. King of Thieves before its official release was just named "Thieves" and wasn't under the zeptolab flag in the ios store.

The game is from zepto, believe it or not. There was a pretty long post on AAF facebook discussing this stuff about 1 week ago, can't find it anymore.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 18/19 ~ Silver 9/18 ~ Gold 9/18

Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval

Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#11 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

10/10 proof from both of you. Did neither of you ever debate before? Cite a source please, because google wouldn't let me easily connect this name to ZeptoLab.
Or actually don't. I created this thread in good will towards Zepto, I am fairly sure the word is out there now (seeing how FB was mentioned).
Edit:
Also, taking down games/programs that include stolen sprites/assets take some time. This game is 4 days old.

I don't need to debate your dumbass logic, you're wrong, and if you had done ANY research before making this you would've known that.

And don't diss my boy MK

Edited by Sotherogue, 22 April 2017 - 04:45 PM.

giphy.gif

#12 Msync

Msync

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

I don't need to debate your dumbass logic, you're wrong, and if you had done ANY research before making this you would've known that.

And don't diss my boy MK

Still no source from neither of you, guy telling me it was """discussed""" on facebook (even that cannot be found), searching for the name "Sergey Petuhov" does not yield any relation to ZeptoLab, nor KoT except for this title (neither does "Petukhov", as he has that name in his email address in the Play Store). Furthermore searching for "Land of Thieves" or for the particular email yields no results either in the matter. I know that Google is not almighty, but it is pretty damn good at finding what you want and when you have to search extra hard to find even one source, then there is a problem. And I couldn't even find that one.

This is the "ANY" research I did.

The game has an incredibly bad description on the Play Store, people are calling it a ripoff there, its ratings are below 3 and why oh why would Zepto release a possibly beta version of their game at this moment under a different dev? 

I don't mind being wrong but PROVE IT instead of calling me a dumbass for doubting you.

But you already decided that you won't, since you can't. Well done.

Edited by Msync, 22 April 2017 - 07:29 PM.

#13 Skydancer

Skydancer

The Sneaky Italian Nerd

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationThe land of Pizza (without pineapple...)

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

I agree on the research part ( I did some too a week ago when this came out, with your same results), but please don't use Play store rewiews as an argument ^_^ .

Anyway I'm trying to find the fb post again to show you the talk, if I can

/E and btw, I agree that Sothe's manners aren't the best at times, but YOU are the one who started posting out of nowhere with in an arrogant way about stuff which, as I said, has already been discussed on AAF fb and on tele ( date 16th April).

/E2 https://www.facebook...58273544404715/ found something for you, not much but still...

Edited by Skydancer, 22 April 2017 - 07:51 PM.

Outfit Collection: Wood 17/17 ~ Rock 18/19 ~ Silver 9/18 ~ Gold 9/18

Proud Co-Leader of Gem Retrieval

Find me on Telegram: @SkydancerKot

#14 Sotherogue

Sotherogue

Kappa

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

Still no source from neither of you, guy telling me it was """discussed""" on facebook (even that cannot be found), searching for the name "Sergey Petuhov" does not yield any relation to ZeptoLab, nor KoT except for this title (neither does "Petukhov", as he has that name in his email address in the Play Store). Furthermore searching for "Land of Thieves" or for the particular email yields no results either in the matter. I know that Google is not almighty, but it is pretty damn good at finding what you want and when you have to search extra hard to find even one source, then there is a problem. And I couldn't even find that one.

This is the "ANY" research I did.

The game has an incredibly bad description on the Play Store, people are calling it a ripoff there, its ratings are below 3 and why oh why would Zepto release a possibly beta version of their game at this moment under a different dev? 

I don't mind being wrong but PROVE IT instead of calling me a dumbass for doubting you.

But you already decided that you won't, since you can't. Well done.

Oh, I'm sorry, is his highness offended because he didn't think to check any sources relating to King of Thieves, like, oh, I don't know, THE ACTUAL KING OF THIEVES FACEBOOK PAGE, or at LEAST the AAF, which in all honesty is sometimes better than the actual page. Or maybe the KoT Telegram group, or the Land of Thieves telegram group? (Of which the great Symedia is part of, so had it not been ZeptoLab, it would've been down immediately)

I'm sorry, but you did NOT check for this in any serious way, because searching google for an employee name is NOT a valid search in any way if you were trying to discredit this.

@Skydancer :ph34r: I have manners, they're just reserved for the smart ones

giphy.gif

#15 Msync

Msync

Pickpocket

• Thief
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Thanks Skydancer for actually linking something useful.

PS.: I am not offended, but I am done with this topic. Cheers.

#16 ItzTaken

ItzTaken

Pickpocket

• Hardened Thief
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

I mean, Stiv (a creator) is in the top on the leaderboard (#2 I think) so I'd think they know about Land Of Thieves, if it isn't made by them (which it obviously is by the art style)

#17 King of Eterity

King of Eterity

King of Eterity

• Hardened Thief
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationEterity

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

I hope some kind of KOT rip-off is made (obviously with its own art and music) because this is probably one of the few cases where it would likely be better than the actual game.

Umm, OK, I don't know how it happened but I am playing again :lol:

electriking.png

Please help me with my SMBX Project: Super Mario World at War

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users